Nearly 8.4 million people held multiple jobs in October, the Labor Department reported Friday.

Frankenstein

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2022
The number of Americans working two or more jobs has reached its highest level since the pandemic’s start, new federal data show, a trend that suggests more of us are feeling inflation’s pinch.

Nearly 8.4 million people held multiple jobs in October, the Labor Department reported Friday. They represent 5.2% of the workforce, the largest share of moonlighters since January 2020.

Employment statistics show that 5.9% of women worked multiple jobs in October, compared with 4.7% of men. Roughly 5 million Americans held one full-time and one part-time job. Nearly 2 million held two part-time gigs. Another 1.1 million said they held jobs where the hours varied. Fewer than 400,000 held two full-time jobs.

The number of Americans working two or more jobs has reached its highest level since the pandemic’s start, new federal data show, a trend that suggests more of us are feeling inflation’s pinch.

Nearly 8.4 million people held multiple jobs in October, the Labor Department reported Friday. They represent 5.2% of the workforce, the largest share of moonlighters since January 2020.

Employment statistics show that 5.9% of women worked multiple jobs in October, compared with 4.7% of men. Roughly 5 million Americans held one full-time and one part-time job. Nearly 2 million held two part-time gigs. Another 1.1 million said they held jobs where the hours varied. Fewer than 400,000 held two full-time jobs.
I worked multiple jobs for the last forty-five years..

Yep Biednomics is killing the middle class

What is the excuse for it being just as high and even higher many times under the previous Admin?

1699888976956.png

So what...
So what, so it's comical to say how grwat the e4conomy is when people are having to take second jobs to make ends meet while Democrats scream about all the new jobs created, while unemployment doesn't go down, because these people are already employed

The percent was 5.3% in 2019, was that also due to the pinch of inflation?

So what, so it's comical to say how grwat the e4conomy is when people are having to take second jobs to make ends meet while Democrats scream about all the new jobs created, while unemployment doesn't go down, because these people are already employed
I always had second jobs from Reagan until now.

One worker in 20 has multiple jobs. So what? You do the best you can. I've known people who got a second job in order to pay for an expensive set of wheels (car, motorcycle). So what?

What is the excuse for it being just as high and even higher many times under the previous Admin?

View attachment 857979
I was wondering if someone would post the percentage of the total workforce which is really the only number that matters.

Thank you. Nothing to see here we can all move on.

More interesting I heard on a couple pod casts I listen to that HELOC's are up and the number of people taking hardship withdrawals from 401k's has also seen a significant increase over the last few months. We will see what that means for the greater economy.

More interesting I heard on a couple pod casts I listen to that HELOC's are up and the number of people taking hardship withdrawals from 401k's has also seen a significant increase over the last few months. We will see what that means for the greater economy.

Not sure the HELOCs are all bad, but taking money from their retirements accounts is a very bad sign and something that will bring bigger problems later unless the people doing it are very young

Not sure the HELOCs are all bad, but taking money from their retirements accounts is a very bad sign and something that will bring bigger problems later unless the people doing it are very young

The HELOC's being taken out at these high rates (relatively) can be a sign people are struggling. I think coupled with the hardship withdrawals amplifies that thinking.

1699890901722.png

The HELOC's being taken out at these high rates (relatively) can be a sign people are struggling. I think coupled with the hardship withdrawals amplifies that thinking.

No doubt many people are struggling. But also, we as a culture do not really understand cutting back and removing some "extras"

A side hustle is now a bad thing for republic fuckups.

Forum List

Back