obama's labor department cooks the numbers of new jobs in Octobers report.

Do you start to understand the government is lying to you? Old existing jobs is not new jobs

How would you have them report the numbers differently?

i dont think you know what your talking about, unless you can answer that question.

I'm not sucked up with the obama haze so I can think clearly when the haze no longer affects your common seance come back and I'll bring you up to speed.

Ok so just answer the question kid.

How would you have them report the numbers differently?

i dont think you know what your talking about, unless you can answer that question.

I'm not sucked up with the obama haze so I can think clearly when the haze no longer affects your common seance come back and I'll bring you up to speed.

Are you still sniffing obama's shit Junior? If you are I can't help you.

I dont even understand why your freaking out kid.

Are you saying you would rather have the labor department not subtract striking workers from month payroll stats?

This is insane.

Junior you need to grow up before you call your elders kid.

People that cant answer the question resort to ad hominem.

Just tell me, what should the labor department have done differently from the start??

I have given you the answer and only answer you will see from me is old jobs are not and should never be considered new jobs.

The unemployment number and the payroll number come from two seperate surveys, so it's not unusual for them to be out of sync.

When a company shut's down for the holidays, when they return to work is that considered new jobs add to the economy?

...When a company shut's down for the holidays, when they return to work is that considered new jobs add to the economy?
If the workers were all laid off and the owners sold the company to new people that hired the old workforce, then yes. It happens so rarely that we don't have to worry about it.

BLS numbers are good. They're not perfect but no tools are perfect. As with other tools the big problem is with the person who uses them. Right now we got people trying to do economics complaining about their tools, and we all know that it's a very poor carpenter that blames his tools for his bad workmanship.

...When a company shut's down for the holidays, when they return to work is that considered new jobs add to the economy?
If the workers were all laid off and the owners sold the company to new people that hired the old workforce, then yes. It happens so rarely that we don't have to worry about it.

BLS numbers are good. They're not perfect but no tools are perfect. As with other tools the big problem is with the person who uses them. Right now we got people trying to do economics complaining about their tools, and we all know that it's a very poor carpenter that blames his tools for his bad workmanship.

These workers were striking workers returning to work.

Government unemployment statistics are always misleading. Those who have given up looking for a job and those who are underemployed are not counted. Also, in order to maintain a the same level of employment, the U.S. economy needs to add about 100,000 jobs per quarter (I think it's per quarter and not per month, though I would need to check) because of increasing population. So even if we added 90,000 truly new jobs, we would still have an increasing unemployment rate. There's nothing new in pointing out that politicians, regardless of which party they claim allegiance to, are often disingenuous, if not out right lying. The funny thing is that republicans think it's a big deal to point out the lies and half-truths of liberal politicos, while the liberals think it's worthwhile to point out the lies and half-truths of the right. Some of us figured out long ago that anyone who is in national or even state office is probably lying most of the time. What's the big deal?

These workers were striking workers returning to work.

You realize that even the conservatives that are normally on this board are coming out to say that your wrong, right??

What problem do you have with BLS reporting people that are temporarily out of work? Thats the whole point...

Is it that you somehow think a person out of work because of a strike has no effect on the economy??? because it does....

You never answered the question. How should they report the statistics differently?

You just keep saying the dumbest shit. Come on dude, say something besides "obozo" and "junior"

How should BLS report the numbers?????

answer you childish imp.

You never answered the question. How should they report the statistics differently?

You just keep saying the dumbest shit. Come on dude, say something besides "obozo" and "junior"

answer you childish imp.

Are you still sniffing obama's shit? of course you are.

answer you childish imp.

:clap2::clap2:

This is how you conduct yourself in discussions? You just throw a temper tantrum?

This is why i call you a child...

answer you childish imp.

This is how you conduct yourself in discussions? You just throw a temper tantrum?

This is how I conduct a discussion with obamaites who do not have a fucking clue.

This is how I conduct a discussion with obamaites who do not have a fucking clue.

So when i actually write facts and you only say things like "obamaites", that somehow means your the one that has a clue and im clueless?

I have yet to hear you say one intelligent thing.

You sound like a sad poor fool lashing out at everyone else because he has no idea what hes talking about.

Just settle down.

So when i actually write facts and you only say things like "obamaites", that somehow means your the one that has a clue and im clueless?

You sound like a sad poor fool lashing out at everyone else because he has no idea what hes talking about.

Just settle down.

You haven't given any facts. Just the same old worn old talking points of how the guberment can cook the books and make it look like they are legit. Old existing jobs are not new jobs. When you get off the fumes of obama's shit you might be able to see it.

Just settle down.

You haven't given any facts. Just the same old worn old talking points of how the guberment can cook the books and make it look like they are legit. Old existing jobs are not new jobs. When you get off the fumes of obama's shit you might be able to see it.

Im not sure how BLS is cooking the books. Companies have payrolls that they legally have to report to the BLS. Each month the BLS reports the size of those payrolls. When the workers go on strike the companies report to BLS that they decreased their payrolls, and then BLS publishes that information. When they come off strike the companies report to BLS that they have increased their payrolls and the BLS then publishes that the next month.

If anyone could possibly be cooking the books in this scenario its the businesses, they are the ones reporting the numbers to BLS. BLS is just publishing the number of people currently on the payroll of some business.

Verizon is the one that reported their payroll shrunk.

Do you not get this?

Last edited:

Just settle down.

Im not sure how BLS is cooking the books. Companies have payrolls that they legally have to report to the BLS. Each month the BLS reports the size of those payrolls. When the workers go on strike the companies report having shrunk their payroll and BLS reports that information. Where is cooking the books in this scenario?

If anyone could possibly be cooking the books in this scenario its the businesses, they are the ones reporting the numbers to BLS

If it's dealing with the government yes I am sure they are cooking the books nothing new. try again.

So i finally figured out what the problem really is here.

BLS is reporting changes in payrolls month to month and you want the size of the labor force.

So your basically just asking for the wrong statistic you idiot. Your getting mad because you dont understand wtf your even looking at.

Actually, it still just boils down to you not understanding that they discounted the workers earlier.

Why do you have a problem with BLS reporting those as jobs added when earlier it reported them as jobs lost?? Theres no net gain.

It just seems like your mad for BLS reporting something you dont quite understand....

So i finally figured out what the problem really is here.

BLS is reporting changes in payrolls month to month and you want the size of the labor force.

So your basically just asking for the wrong statistic you idiot. Your getting mad because you dont understand wtf your even looking at.

I'm not asking for any fucking thing moron. Old existing jobs do not equate to new jobs. fucktard.

Forum List

Back