Nearly 8.4 million people held multiple jobs in October, the Labor Department reported Friday.

The number of Americans working two or more jobs has reached its highest level since the pandemic’s start, new federal data show, a trend that suggests more of us are feeling inflation’s pinch.

Nearly 8.4 million people held multiple jobs in October, the Labor Department reported Friday. They represent 5.2% of the workforce, the largest share of moonlighters since January 2020.

Employment statistics show that 5.9% of women worked multiple jobs in October, compared with 4.7% of men. Roughly 5 million Americans held one full-time and one part-time job. Nearly 2 million held two part-time gigs. Another 1.1 million said they held jobs where the hours varied. Fewer than 400,000 held two full-time jobs.
It's how governments can boast record numbers of employment jobs. More full time roles get split up into part time roles, people have to work more than one job to survive. So the government claim more jobs, record employment, the sheep believe them, and it's called Build Back Better.

Everyone else shakes their head.

should every job be paid the same?
Of course not. I think pay should be based on merit. In the industry that I recently retired from pay was based on how much money you brought it. In the auto industry, sales people, managers, and service writers made the most money, while the prep guys made shit, through no fault of their own. They don't get the chance to bring in money. Sales makes anywhere from $300- $1,000 per car, while the prep guys who were responsible for that all important first impression made $12/hour and $2 per delivery. As a result, the prep guys who were good at their job ended up leaving to be replaced by people who weren't worth shit. If you pay cheap ass wages you get cheap ass workers.

You realize I used dishwashers as an example, right?
You also realize that livable wage varies from state to state, yes?
Dishwasher wages vary as well. Dishwasher wages are a good example of a low skilled job that pays decent entry level wages.

It's because idiots like you voted for the most inept politician of all time Joe Bidenflation
Hilarious sycophant.

The former 1-term fuckup talked about an infrastructure bill...President Biden passed one.

The former 1-term fuckup talked about bring jobs back to America...President Biden passed one into law. The former 1-term fuckup did pass a bill to give himself a tax break.

President Biden is better on unemployment, employment and GDP for the people of America.

While you have a pining for a global pandemic.

At least since Biden hasn't been able to destroy all of Trump economics, more Americans do have full time jobs they can supplement. But family incomes haven't been keeping up with inflation and millions simply need more money for groceries and to keep the lights on etc.

More than 90% of jobs created under Obama's economy were part time jobs with limited or no benefits. That was mostly because of the insane rules/regs that were built into Obamacare. Trump rescinded the worst of those rules/regs--most Americans were able to move back into full time jobs--and Biden didn't reinstate all of them.

But I watch people at the grocery store--mostly the older people who have fewer options to supplement their incomes--who pick up something and you can see how badly they want it. But it's too expensive now so they put it back and move on. I do the same these days but we are blessed that we still can afford to eat healthy with a large variety of foods. Many people cannot.
Sure, would love to see you back any of that screed up with actual facts.

But you won't

Try this for starters fuckup.

How good were the 10.9 million jobs under Obama?

Forum List

Back