Obama's DOL Secretary Hilda L. Solis: You Have the Right to Be Paid Fairly Whether Do

i have read that we can't deport all illegals because....the expense of removing them all is too costly...?

I'm pro amnesty for a few reasons and that is one of them - note , I'm pro closing the borders and shooting people who attempt to cross illegally before amnesty

Also note, that it isn't actually amnesty, b/c they will pay a fine. it's no different than paying a fine for speeding. you're not given amnesty for speeding, you're paying a civil fine.

Here's why Care

1. The cost of rounding these folks up - we'd have to way increase the number of ICE agents to be able to handle it.

2. The cost of housing these folks until we determine their status and deport them

3. The cost of and the clogging of our already over crowded legal system to give these people their day in court to determine if they are in fact illegals and if so if they are entitled to amnesty under current law.

4. The actual cost of transporting them to Mexico

Unless you are suggesting we just round them up throw em on a bus and deport their ass sans legal protections. In which case it wouldn't be that expensive at all.

I wonder if the righties ever really stop to think what would happen to our economy if all the illegal immigrants were to be suddenly whisked away south of the border and not allowed back in again?

Yeah, I mean look what happened when millions of immigrants who came to this country through Ellis Island legally and took the jobs no one else wanted.......

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo: :lol::lol::lol:

You make it so easy, do you really understand what comes out of your brain?!?!

Was your navy in your bathtub or some other body of water? :confused:

Last edited:
Real America has still not forgiven the GOP far right yet, guys, so you are talking out of your southsides when standing north. (1) Everybody, even Steph and you, have the right to fair pay for fair work, and (2) immigration reform is coming and not a thing will stop it.

Immigration Reform is coming and not a thing will stop it? Wow that says a lot? LMAO :clap2:.....

Secure the borders, all the borders, then and only then can you treat these people fair, other wise it is nothing more than political BS......

Real America has still not forgiven the GOP far right yet, guys, so you are talking out of your southsides when standing north. (1) Everybody, even Steph and you, have the right to fair pay for fair work, and (2) immigration reform is coming and not a thing will stop it.

Immigration reform is coming---:lol::lol: How many decades have we heard that one now? :lol:-:lol:

Probably be a good idea to secure the border FIRST--then work on immigration reform for the 12 million that are here illegally--because you can't trust the government to do anything RIGHT--especially when politicians fear it may cost them a voting block.

I wonder if the righties ever really stop to think what would happen to our economy if all the illegal immigrants were to be suddenly whisked away south of the border and not allowed back in again?

Let me guess.

More jobs for the people that are here legally?

That's a bogus argument.

Here in our area Tysons is a big employer and frankly they hire a lot of Mexicans, I doubt they are all legal. I know of a LOT of people who have NO job who bitch about the Mexicans taking jobs Americans want, but they themselves have never and will never go and apply for a job at Tysons, they think that job is below them. I seriously doubt NW AR is unique in that situation.

hmmm....but what about construction jobs...janitorial jobs...hospitality jobs...produce jobs...

I'm not gonna argue with you about things being "beneath" some people...but there's plenty of other opportunities out there that are being lost to the employer's desire to pay scrap wages to hispanics and asians.

Let me guess.

More jobs for the people that are here legally?

That's a bogus argument.

Here in our area Tysons is a big employer and frankly they hire a lot of Mexicans, I doubt they are all legal. I know of a LOT of people who have NO job who bitch about the Mexicans taking jobs Americans want, but they themselves have never and will never go and apply for a job at Tysons, they think that job is below them. I seriously doubt NW AR is unique in that situation.

hmmm....but what about construction jobs...janitorial jobs...hospitality jobs...produce jobs...

I'm not gonna argue with you about things being "beneath" some people...but there's plenty of other opportunities out there that are being lost to the employer's desire to pay scrap wages to hispanics and asians.

Ok, you want the sad truth, there are a lot of stupid fucking Americans who belong at EXACTLY that level of job, but they think they're too good for them so they rather sit home and collect unemployment than do those jobs. Do you really think chasing the Mexicans off is going to solve that? Hell no, the Mexicans are here because the Americans refused to do the jobs in the first place.

Look at this board as an example. MANY MANY who think they are much smarter than they actually are.

there are ZERO jobs americans won't do, there are millions they won't do for the same wage as an undocumented wetback.

You're being ridiculous. Yes there are many jobs that many Americans don't want to do, and yes some industries would have to raise wages and thus prices, but there would be an upper limit. For instance, lettuce isn't going to jump to $10 a head.

Your idea of 10 year prison sentences is laughable, how about just fine the piss out of them.

anything less than hard time is laughable... they would simply write the fines off as a cost of doing business and pass them on to their customers. And your suggestion that there would be some artificial limit on the price of lettuce doesn't hold water. If the growers had to pay minimum wage and benefits to American citizens to harvest vegetables - assuming they could FIND American citizens willing to do that work for that paltry wage - the cost would be what it would be... and any upper limit would be arrived at by the laws of supply and demand.

Hard to pasa along a $25K fine per illegal hired. Jail time is crazy

that's your opinion... I don't share it. if there are going to be drastic consequences for the workers, there also needs to be drastic consequences for the employers. If we are REALLY serious about this being such a TERRIBLE problem for national security and economic security, then why NOT severely punish the people who are continuing to act as a magnet for all those workers knowing how TERRIBLE their actions are to our nation? Wouldn't the fear of actual jail time be enough of a motivator to keep employers from hiring illegal workers?

The reason why republicans don't really LIKE that idea is because they know that their bread and butter comes from those employers. Just like they pander to the religious right and claim that they will actually do something about outlawing abortion in order to keep those folks in the fold, even though they NEVER do shit about it, they similarly will rant and rave about illegal immigration to impress the folks out there who have made this their cause celebre all the while knowing that they have no real intention of taking the steps necessary to actually CHANGE the cheap labor pool that their benefactors rely upon.

Yeah, I mean look what happened when millions of immigrants who came to this country through Ellis Island legally and took the jobs no one else wanted.......

You make it so easy, do you really understand what comes out of your brain?!?!

Was your navy in your bathtub or some other body of water? :confused:

Ellis Island didn't really turn many folks away now, did they?

My point stands. If you magically whisked away all of our labor force who were here illegally and transported them south of the border, our economy would collapse. Housing starts would dwindle.. the cost of new houses would skyrocket.. the cost of nearly everything at the grocery store would skyrocket... restaurants would be forced to cut back service and drastically raise prices of everything... the service and hospitality industries would be crippled. The ripple effects would be unforeseen and increasingly painful....

and throughout it all, the real culprit remains American industry that continues to willfully break the law because they are addicted to the cheap labor that only the illegal immigrant market can provide. And NOBODY wants to really punish THEM.

And why not avoid gratuitous insults about my service, and I'll refrain from making gratuitous insults about your dubious ancestry. deal?

are all the republicans to big of pussies to deport them?

hey... if the GOP had really been serious about immigration reform, or even pro-life issues, why didn't they get that stuff passed when they held both houses of congress and the white house? There was NO significant immigration reform legislation proposed by the GOP during Bush's term. The FOP will pay lip service to their base on these issues but they will NOT mistreat their benefactors.

hey... if the GOP had really been serious about immigration reform, or even pro-life issues, why didn't they get that stuff passed when they held both houses of congress and the white house? There was NO significant immigration reform legislation proposed by the GOP during Bush's term. The FOP will pay lip service to their base on these issues but they will NOT mistreat their benefactors.

Ahh because they are full of hot air, they are pussies!!! hmmm not sure I have another reason.

Ahh because they are full of hot air, they are pussies!!! hmmm not sure I have another reason.

the sheeple will follow them for what they SAY, the money will continue to flow for what they DO.

That's because above all, they love their cheap labor.

They even started (and lost) a war to preserve what they believed were their rights to it.

As I try to point out, everytime someone cringes at the thought of deporting illegals, there are many able-bodied Americans that can and DO these jobs already.
Our UE rate is out of control. You'd be surprised at how many Americans would take the jobs left by the evicted aliens.

I would be surprised if you could back up that opinion of yours with any facts. In my last profession prior to my complete retirement earlier this month, I had the occasion to work with MANY chronically unemployed citizens. Not many of them that I came in contact with would be willing to do the work that illegal immigrants do for the substandard wages they do them for.

Like I said... let's DO deport all of the illegal immigrants and see what happens to the economy... and let's put every employer that had hired them behind bars for a decade or so... how'd that work for ya?
Works fine by me.
Like I said, I have to go through the process of filling out I9's for any new hires and our payroll company has to verify them all. I try hard to stay within the law. every other business should be forced to do the same!
:cool:

Yes... The unemployment rate drops like a rock.....

Yes... The unemployment rate drops like a rock.....

you're right... because there are SO many vegetable farms within a bus ride of inner city Detroit! :cuckoo:

we'll see if Real Americans take Amnesty for 20million illegal immigrants just so they can be "recruited" to vote Progressive-Democrat without a thing to say about it, I guess.

Barry and his company of fools will try to shove this on us like they did with Obama care!!!! the people were against obama care and they did not give a shit!!!! It is all about the illegal vote!!!!! Once these illegals get legal they will lose all apeal to the scumbags that employ them. their only value is cheap labor period. once legal they will demand more money and will then be replace with the new crop of illegals that will flood the country!!!!

If these assholes cared about legal Americans wages these illegals would not be here taking away jobs and lowering wages of legal American workers... I remember the days when Americans did the work that illegals now do. Thats when the wages were higher and not wet-back pay scale!!!!!!!!!

Forum List

Back