Obama's DOL Secretary Hilda L. Solis: You Have the Right to Be Paid Fairly Whether Do

Obama Labor Chief: Illegals Have a Right to Fair Wages | The FOX Nation

bannertimetosecureamerc.jpg

Not as long as they are illegal IMO. If you make them get everything a legal citizen would get. What is the point of having citizenship in the first place.

Not as long as they are illegal IMO. If you make them get everything a legal citizen would get. What is the point of having citizenship in the first place.

I agree with the email going around...if they are here illegally, put them in the military and send them to the middle east to defend the country as a soldier. If they come back, give them citizenship. If they don't want to defend the US, send them to the middle east without the military (a weapon).

And who's hiring all these illegals?

Good, honest, hard-working Conservative businessmen, that's who.

exactly....maybe the righties on here would agree that we should deport all illegal immigrants and imprison any and every employer who hires them?

Bazinga, that's exactly what should happen. Throw in a hefty fine for the employers to boot.

a fine is no big deal... ten years in a federal "pound me in the ass " prison would get the point across just fine.

What is odd is that this was posted, on Youtube, back in April (April 1st, even)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_dIWgY7Hms]YouTube - We Can Help! - Secretary Solis :30 PSA[/ame]

Why is Obama above the law?

Liberal minds always think they're above the law. It's the ME, ME, ME mentality!

and what about the conservative minds of the employers of all those illegal immigrants? Or do you think that they really HAVEN'T broken the law by hiring them for substandard wages and no benefits?

I wonder if the righties ever really stop to think what would happen to our economy if all the illegal immigrants were to be suddenly whisked away south of the border and not allowed back in again?

what? they don't take jobs away from the 10% who are unemployed? what an asswipe.

you obviously have not spent a great deal of time with chronically unemployed americans. I know very few of them who would be willing to go OFF the dole in order to stand in the hot sun all day long harvesting vegetables for less than minimum wage. And if the farmer were forced to PAY them minimum wage and offer them benefits, which he does NOT have to do with illegal immigrants, the price of vegetables at the supermarket would SKYROCKET and everyone would be pissed... you'd never sleep on clean sheets in a hotel again... no corporation's headquaters could have lawns anymore because no one would mow them....

I wonder if the righties ever really stop to think what would happen to our economy if all the illegal immigrants were to be suddenly whisked away south of the border and not allowed back in again?

15 million jobs would become available for Americans who didn't break the law getting here, and don't dare even try to start with that they only do jobs we don't want to BS. I work in construction and that is a bold faced lie. They are taking all sorts of jobs that not only are Americans willing to do, but before illegals starting doing them so cheap you could actually make pretty good money doing them. Hell in roofing alone when I was in Florida I watched the average pay go from 165 dollars a square to less than 80 do to so many illegals willing to do the work for dirt cheap.

So with all due respect, which may be none, fuck you and your we need them who cares if they ignore our laws attitude. They can get in line and come here legally if they want in. If you don't like how many are allowed to come in change the law to allow more, but please lets stop supporting the blatant ignoring of our laws.
maybe you don't understand, but I know very few people who would tell their general contractor" "Listen... I realize that the labor costs for my new home will be nearly double and I will be unable to afford the home my wife and I really want, I want you to only use natural born American citizens in your labor force and we'll be fine with a two bedroom bath and a half home instead of the three bedroom two and a half bath home that we have dreamed about".

Again... you all place all the blame on the workers and NONE of the blame on the employers. I would have NO problem if strict deportation of illegal immigrants went hand in hand with LONG prison terms for employers caught hiring them.

And prices spiking up dramatically.

In most cases that isn't true either.

Do you people really not understand how the illegal hiring works? Most legit companies are NOT hiring undocumented aliens. They are hiring illegals with fake documentation. Again I will use Tyson Foods as an example. They won't hire you if you don't have the mandated ID. So illegals obtain fakes, but they are paid the same rate as the white people working at the company because the company does not have a reduced illegal alien pay scale.

Sure there are a few mom and pop type operations hiring known illegals and some jobs that hire day laborers , but by and large the problem is illegal workers with bogus paperwork.

ok. let's say you are correct, and MOST of the illegal aliens are working with stolen identities.

1- Do those citizens whose identities have been stolen and utilized, get the ''credit'' for the added income that shows on their SS statement from the income the illegal made and get to draw much more in SS when they go to retire because of this added income? IF not, please explain.

2- Do the illegals using stolen identities year after year FILE their income taxes each year? And IF they do, how could the IRS not ''catch'' such? same person in 2 different states filing under the same SS number type thing.... Please be specific.

3- Also, IF this is true, does it not make the ''argument'' of, ''the illegals are sucking off our system, without paying taxes'' moot?

care

Sorry , I had missed this post until your PM

1) No the fake IDs are based of social security numbers of people who are dead. they wouldn't be good enough to get a passport or anything like that, but they are good enough to get a job. That is why people are pushing for a federal law mandating that employees use DHS | E-Verify to verify new employees, as of now its voluntary.

2) No they do not, if they filed a return, they would be caught, as the IRS DOES use a version of everify before issuing a refund. And all these people make sure they are due a refund so that they are not breaking any laws by not filing.

3) The exact opposite is true if we're talking solely about income taxes versus refunds. They are paying in with no way of getting a refund. Now are they sucking up more government resources than they are paying for? That's an entirely different situation and one I have no idea about.

exactly....maybe the righties on here would agree that we should deport all illegal immigrants and imprison any and every employer who hires them?

Bazinga, that's exactly what should happen. Throw in a hefty fine for the employers to boot.[/QUOTE]

damn... i just said bazinga to someone in a pm before. :lol:

should have known you'd be into BBT. :lol:

if someone is hired to do a job, they should be paid fairly.

and someone hiring illegals should be criminally prosecuted.

but no one will do that. the corporatists would cry.

Enlighten me, Cmdr.
What would happen?

are you ready to take out a second mortage to get that head of lettuce? who do you think will wash the dishes at your favorite restaurant? who will, in all likelihood, cook the food there as well? who will clean your room at the hotel before you check in? who will mow the lawns surrounding the office buildings in your town? who will put the roof on your old house, or build your new one? Are you really ready to pay the incremental cost of labor that will increase geometrically if employers are forced to pay minimum wage plus benefits for all the goods and services that come to market today without that cost component?

Enlighten me, Cmdr.
What would happen?

are you ready to take out a second mortage to get that head of lettuce? who do you think will wash the dishes at your favorite restaurant? who will, in all likelihood, cook the food there as well? who will clean your room at the hotel before you check in? who will mow the lawns surrounding the office buildings in your town? who will put the roof on your old house, or build your new one? Are you really ready to pay the incremental cost of labor that will increase geometrically if employers are forced to pay minimum wage plus benefits for all the goods and services that come to market today without that cost component?
How could I have known this tired argument would be used.
Pay attention, Sir, you'll learn a thing or 3 I promise.
A farm/grove owner doesn't pay minimum wage to their workers, whether they're legal or not. It's piece work. You get paid by the bushel/crate/bucket. My wife's family has spent years in the tomato fields of south FL. and my mom raised me and my brother by picking oranges.
I'm a general manager at a restaurant, so the cooking, bussing, and dish-washing are done by legal workers, as restaurants DO have to pay minimum hourly wages.
Maid service? Also paid as piece work. Maids are paid by the room. I'm sure they're probably subject to hourly wage laws, but we all know people that work "under the table". That doesn't mean they're illegal immigrants.
Mowing lawns? I have a stepson, a stepdaughter, a brother, and a nephew that all own lawn-care businesses.
As I try to point out, everytime someone cringes at the thought of deporting illegals, there are many able-bodied Americans that can and DO these jobs already.
Our UE rate is out of control. You'd be surprised at how many Americans would take the jobs left by the evicted aliens.

As I try to point out, everytime someone cringes at the thought of deporting illegals, there are many able-bodied Americans that can and DO these jobs already.
Our UE rate is out of control. You'd be surprised at how many Americans would take the jobs left by the evicted aliens.

I would be surprised if you could back up that opinion of yours with any facts. In my last profession prior to my complete retirement earlier this month, I had the occasion to work with MANY chronically unemployed citizens. Not many of them that I came in contact with would be willing to do the work that illegal immigrants do for the substandard wages they do them for.

Like I said... let's DO deport all of the illegal immigrants and see what happens to the economy... and let's put every employer that had hired them behind bars for a decade or so... how'd that work for ya?

I would be surprised if you could back up that opinion of yours with any facts. In my last profession prior to my complete retirement earlier this month, I had the occasion to work with MANY chronically unemployed citizens. Not many of them that I came in contact with would be willing to do the work that illegal immigrants do for the substandard wages they do them for.

Like I said... let's DO deport all of the illegal immigrants and see what happens to the economy... and let's put every employer that had hired them behind bars for a decade or so... how'd that work for ya?

You're being ridiculous. Yes there are many jobs that many Americans don't want to do, and yes some industries would have to raise wages and thus prices, but there would be an upper limit. For instance, lettuce isn't going to jump to $10 a head.

Your idea of 10 year prison sentences is laughable, how about just fine the piss out of them.

You're being ridiculous. Yes there are many jobs that many Americans don't want to do, and yes some industries would have to raise wages and thus prices, but there would be an upper limit. For instance, lettuce isn't going to jump to $10 a head.

Your idea of 10 year prison sentences is laughable, how about just fine the piss out of them.

anything less than hard time is laughable... they would simply write the fines off as a cost of doing business and pass them on to their customers. And your suggestion that there would be some artificial limit on the price of lettuce doesn't hold water. If the growers had to pay minimum wage and benefits to American citizens to harvest vegetables - assuming they could FIND American citizens willing to do that work for that paltry wage - the cost would be what it would be... and any upper limit would be arrived at by the laws of supply and demand.

mm....we can raise our quota for migrant workers to pick our food....many food pickers ARE here legally because it is fairly easy for farm owners to get temp visas for them....also, if there is a shortage of Americans for a certain business, then that business can apply for the ability to bring in workers from another country temporarily to meet that need....but they have to give solid proof that citizens will not take those jobs.

and hortysir... up here in maine, we do not have enough locals to clean the hotel rooms for our summer vacationers....most hotel owners who can not get Americans here to take these jobs, apply for visas of Jamaicans to be chambermaids and busboys etc..... They are here LEGALLY though....

anything less than hard time is laughable... they would simply write the fines off as a cost of doing business and pass them on to their customers. And your suggestion that there would be some artificial limit on the price of lettuce doesn't hold water. If the growers had to pay minimum wage and benefits to American citizens to harvest vegetables - assuming they could FIND American citizens willing to do that work for that paltry wage - the cost would be what it would be... and any upper limit would be arrived at by the laws of supply and demand.

Hard to pasa along a $25K fine per illegal hired. Jail time is crazy

i have read that we can't deport all illegals because....the expense of removing them all is too costly...?

Forum List

Back