Obama: Reagan could not survive in 'radical' GOP

Owebama want to get his sheep mewling over anything other than his own long, long list of lies and failures.

Many of us think he's doing a fine job and we don't want to go back to the Bush ways which is what we will get with Romney.

The problem is the rich have all the money. The income gap has gotten too wide. Don't try to say the GOP will fix this problem because it was their polices that created the gap.

Wow the Democrats will talk about Bush, Palin, and now Reagan to avoid the last three plus years.

Blaming us for the economy is like blaming the cook at breakfast the next day for your hangover.

We let you guys try trickle down. It did not work. It only made the rich richer. Why do you ignore this? And you gave tax breaks to the rich during the time you were fighting two wars. Now that is unprecidented.

Did you hear Obama today? He said Paul Ryan's plan is so far to the right that it makes the Contract with America look like the New Deal.

LOL, we gave obama almost FOUR years and all we got is higher dept, higher unemployment, high gas and food prices...so you all fall and swoon on his every word, I think the rest of us (sane) people will just laugh at him from here on out.

Last edited:
We let you guys try trickle down. It did not work. .

Very stupid. All free market economics is 'trickle down.'

Right. That's why unregulated free markets are a bad idea.

Unions are not a part of your free market theories, correct? Exactly. But they are the reason why all American middle class people make what they make. Our wages went up to keep up with union wages.

In the past 30 years, union membership has declined, and no coincidence, so have our wages.

P.S. There is no such thing as a free market. And Government is not the problem.

Democracy - Not "The Free Market" - Will Save America's Middle Class

Iran..was an enemy..and Reagan made deals with them..prior to and after the election.

Then lied about it.

Iran was only an enemy because the brilliant Jimmy Carter played right into the Soviets' hands by declaring Iran an enemy. Had Reagan not armed Iran, the Iran-Iraq War likely wouldn't have been so long and inconvenient for the USSR.

The policy of the Soviet Union towards the Iran–Iraq War of 1980 to 1988 varied, beginning with a stance of "strict neutrality" and moving towards massive military support for Iraq in the final phase of the war. The war was inconvenient for the USSR, which had aimed to ally itself with both Iran and Iraq.
The Soviet Union and the Iran

Which means what?

It hardly matters..really.

Because Reagan did shit behind the backs of congress and the American people. Then lied about it.

According to the Constitution of the United States..that's wrong.

He didn't do it behind the backs of congress and the American people as much as he did it behind the backs of the Iraqis. We needed the Iraqis to think we were their friend so that they wouldn't be driven into the arms of the Soviets. That it was hidden from the US public while it happened was benign collateral of the Cold War.

And I'm not sure how the Iran-Contra Affair was unconstitutional. The Boland Amendment Reagan is said to have violated only prohibited certain uses of US appropriated funds spent by US intelligence agencies. That doesn't apply to what Reagan's National Security Council did with Iran's funds.

We let you guys try trickle down. It did not work. .

Unions are not a part of your free market theories, correct? Exactly. But they are the reason why all American middle class people make what they make. Our wages went up to keep up with union wages.

In the past 30 years, union membership has declined, and no coincidence, so have our wages.

P.S. There is no such thing as a free market. And Government is not the problem.

oh dear gawd, save us
And there is nothing with that website that many people "have in common"..such a phony name

Many of us think he's doing a fine job

By 'us' you mean everyone on two or more free Federal programs?

Yes, I was "on" the Public school system. And I'm going to be "on" social security and medicare someday.

You righties want everything sold to corporations. You don't like the Commons. Especially Ron Paul righties think the government should even sell off the Grand Canyon to private companies. Even this is unconstitutional they say.

And if you deny this, it means you don't even know what you are supporting.

Anything is better than what is in there now,at about 7 million dollars a minute being spent buy the Government with are screwed ........ :clap2:

oh dear gawd, save us
And there is nothing with that website that many people "have in common"..such a phony name

Classic right wing reply. Attack the source. Can't debate the information within. Hell, can't even contemplate the ideas.

Many of us think he's doing a fine job

Yes, I was "on" the Public school system. And I'm going to be "on" social security and medicare someday.

You righties want everything sold to corporations. You don't like the Commons. Especially Ron Paul righties think the government should even sell off the Grand Canyon to private companies. Even this is unconstitutional they say.

you need to get of the commondreams website and think for yourself.

Last edited:

oh dear gawd, save us

Since you won't debate the information, I'll force it in your stupid face. Is this wrong?

1. There is no such thing as a "free market."

2. The "middle class" is the creation of government intervention in the marketplace, and won't exist without it. Unions, labor laws, minimum wage, regulated trade, tariffs, taxes, etc.

Markets are the creation of government.

oh dear gawd, save us

Classic right wing reply. Attack the source. Can't debate the information within. Hell, can't even contemplate the ideas.

That's because there isn't shit to debate with what you post, you just parrot crap from left-wing websites and the DNC talking points.

No, you need to start tuning in more often. You are being brainwashed with right wing lies. Randi Rhodes and Thom Hartmann are two of the best in the business. Way smarter and more factual than Rush or Fox. That's fake news. Spin.

Please tell me where I and where you get your information.

According to you guys, all the media is liberal so please tell me where I can get the facts.

Forum List

Back