Obama: Reagan could not survive in 'radical' GOP

Blaming us for the economy is like blaming the cook at breakfast the next day for your hangover.
Not if the cook continues to serve booze with the breakfast.
We let you guys try trickle down. It did not work. It only made the rich richer. Why do you ignore this? And you gave tax breaks to the rich during the time you were fighting two wars. Now that is unprecidented.
And you guys have done more than your fair share of tax the rich, spread the wealth and social justice over the years that has not worked out either why do you ignore this?

Did you hear Obama today? He said Paul Ryan's plan is so far to the right that it makes the Contract with America look like the New Deal.
So Obama does not like Ryan's plan big shock he would not like any plan that came from a Republican maybe one day we will get a plan from a Democrat.

I wonder why the liberal media never talks about the record number of filabusters that Mitch McConnell has broken.

I wouldn't sign anything that came from Paul Ryan.
I'm sure you wouldn't so let's hope sometime in the not to distant future a Democrat presents a plan you would support the whole country is waiting for that day .

I agree. Any of you who are middle class or poor and vote GOP are out of your minds.

So unless we are full of envy and covetous, we are out of our mind?

Unlike you, we dont hate our brethren because of their income or lack thereof.

The old envy and class warfare argument.

Scrooge & Marley, Inc. -- The True Conservative Agenda

As twenty-three years of conservative economic policies have now shown millions of un- and underemployed Americans, what's "normal" in a "free and unfettered" economy is the rapid evolution of a small but fabulously wealthy ownership class, and a large but poor working class.

The middle class is the creation of government participation (conservatives call it "interference") in the marketplace, by determining the rules of the game of business and of taxation, and by providing free public education to all.

"Those seeking profits," Jefferson wrote, "were they given total freedom, would not be the ones to trust to keep government pure and our rights secure. Indeed, it has always been those seeking wealth who were the source of corruption in government.

As Jefferson realized, with no government "interference" by setting the rules of the game of business and fair taxation, there will be no middle class.

This demonstrates the true liberal/conservative divide. Conservatives believe what business does is business's business, and government should keep its nose out of it. Even if it leads to the middle class disappearing.

As the Wall Street Journal noted in 1997, Alan Greenspan sees one of his main jobs as being to maintain a high enough level of "worker insecurity" that employees won't demand pay raises and benefits increases, thus provoking "wage inflation." althought ("CEO inflation" is fine with the cons.)

As president, Reagan cut the top tax rate for billionaires from 70 percent to 28 percent, while effectively raising taxes on working people via the payroll tax and using inflation against a non-indexed tax system. It was another hit to the already-beginning-to-shrink middle class, to be followed by more "tax cut" bludgeons during the first three years of the W. Bush administration.

If conservative economics are allowed to continue, and we fully revert to the way life was lived by the average person in America in 1890, there will be no more middle class, just a few more rich CEOs and Bushies, and a lot more terrified workers living in slavery to debt and terrified of unemployment or a serious health crisis.

So Obama does not like Ryan's plan big shock he would not like any plan that came from a Republican maybe one day we will get a plan from a Democrat.

I wonder why the liberal media never talks about the record number of filabusters that Mitch McConnell has broken.

I'm sure you wouldn't so let's hope sometime in the not to distant future a Democrat presents a plan you would support the whole country is waiting for that day .

We will when we take back the House. Meaningless now that Boehner, Paul and Mitch are obstructing.

With Mitch, we may have to enact the Nuclear Option to end his filabusting days.

Blaming us for the economy is like blaming the cook at breakfast the next day for your hangover.
Not if the cook continues to serve booze with the breakfast.
We let you guys try trickle down. It did not work. It only made the rich richer. Why do you ignore this? And you gave tax breaks to the rich during the time you were fighting two wars. Now that is unprecidented.
And you guys have done more than your fair share of tax the rich, spread the wealth and social justice over the years that has not worked out either why do you ignore this?

Did you hear Obama today? He said Paul Ryan's plan is so far to the right that it makes the Contract with America look like the New Deal.

The Ryan plan calls for reducing individual income tax rates to 10 percent and 25 percent from the current top rate of 35 percent.

The Wisconsin Republican claims his budget offsets the tax dollars lost to the tax cuts for upper-income Americans by eliminating tax loopholes. But while Ryan specifies the cuts in tax rates, he never identifies these giant tax breaks he wants to kill.

By lowering the tax brackets, Ryan will have to find a stunning $4 trillion in cuts to loopholes and deductions to avoid adding to deficit spending. But he did not identify one such cut.

Already a family earning more than $1 million before taxes receives an average of $447,259 from tax breaks. But a family earning $10,000 -- or less -- gets an average of only $427.

And in the years to come, the Ryan plan further shrinks the middle class.

The Ryan budget in the year 2015 found that those making $1 million or more would enjoy an average tax cut of $265,000 and people making between $20,000 and $30,000 would get no tax cut at all.

The Ryan budget is “essentially an effort to have low- and middle-class households bear the entire burden of closing the fiscal gap and to have them bear the costs of financing an additional tax cut for high income households.”

Opinion: Rep. Ryan

Well, we are STILL waiting for your hero's Obama budget..and one that isn't a JOKE...but I for one will not be holding my breath.

0-414 vote: House clobbers budget proposal based on Obama's 2013 plan
By Pete Kasperowicz - 03/28/12 09:30 PM ET

The House on Wednesday night unanimously rejected an alternative budget proposal based on President Obama's 2013 budget plan, dispatching it in a 0-414 rout.

http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-acti...-clobbers-obama-budget-proposal-in-0-414-vote

Last edited:
Plenty of people to alienate with his opinion, and nobody but the sheep to nod in agreement...foolish man.

We will when we take back the House. Meaningless now that Boehner, Paul and Mitch are obstructing.

With Mitch, we may have to enact the Nuclear Option to end his filabusting days.

you speak as if you have a mouse in your pocket.
but hey, dreams are good

The Democrats could do something now but Senate leader Harry Reid and the Democrats will not put a budget plan on the floor at all that is now three years in a row for that. Ryan and the house Republicans have at least put a plan out there you may not like it but it's there where as Reid and the Senate Democrats seem content to just play election year politics with the budget instead of doing the job they were elected to do.

Reagan is more conservative than most any of the people we have today with a few exceptions. No he did not want to raise taxes, he made a deal with that dems and the liberal Republicans for very $1 in tax increase he's get $3 in spending cuts. The cuts never came, Obama a demagogue anyone who believes anything that man says in a moron

We dont have to speculate what Reagan would think do we?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKMzy0n34qQ&feature=related]Reagan VS Obama: Healthcare - YouTube[/ame]

Why change arguments when you refuse to deal with the current ones?

If you can't win on the merits of your ideas, and have to try to divide people through something as stupid as income or race, then you don't deserve any power whatsoever.

We dont have to speculate what Reagan would think do we?

Reagan VS Obama: Healthcare - YouTube

No, we have a whole presidency we can examine. Reagan talked a good game in the anti-Medicare Operation Coffee Cup, arguments you've dutifully provided for us here. Thanks. But as president, Reagan is the one who "Soviet-ized" Medicare:

“Medicare, Where Soviet Economic Thinking Lives On,” was the headline on a recent blog offering commentary on an article about Medicare pricing in The Wall Street Journal, accompanied by a videotaped, highly critical interview on The Journal’s “Online Opinion.”

The article and the video are focused on Medicare pricing of physician services. But the Soviet label can also be affixed to Medicare’s pricing for hospital care.

Joseph Antos, the widely respected Wilson H. Taylor Scholar in Health Care and Retirement Policy at the American Enterprise Institute, agrees with the Soviet label. “Medicare ignores the market, setting prices for physician services based on an academic theory with its roots in the Soviet Union,” he wrote in his “Confessions of a Price Controller.”

Dr. Antos writes with authority on this issue. As he acknowledges in the piece, he oversaw both the academic study leading to this pricing system for physicians and its subsequent implementation.

I find it hard to disagree with Dr. Antos. Medicare fees are administered prices, set by a central government for the entire country. And that is Soviet economics.

So naturally one is led to ask: Who imported this fiendish Soviet pricing theory to the United States and imposed it on Medicare?

It was the administration of President Ronald Reagan, with the concurrence of a Congress controlled by the Democrats.

The Reagan administration acted after it became alarmed at the inflationary force inherent in a payment mechanism adopted by Medicare at its inception, at the behest of the hospital industry: retrospective, full-cost reimbursement of each hospital for its reported costs.

After exploring a number of alternatives, most of them probably not politically feasible, the Reagan administration and Congress decided to switch, during 1983-86, to set, centrally administered prices. It’s hardly likely that the Reagan administration or Congress thought themselves inspired by Soviet theory, a notion that has been advanced more recently. These policy makers just thought the new system made more economic sense.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back