Obama has done a good job as president

Yeah, he was leading but then the voters gotta a load of Palin and he kinda freaked out when the economy tanked.

Poor McCain. He had the juice in 2000 to win the thing but dubya went and hammered him in dixie.

So it goes.

McCain never lead, he got a jump when he brought Sarah on.

McCain is and alway's has been his own worst Enemy. Those that chose him, gave the Election away. Hillary probably would have beaten him too. I know at the time it didn't seem likely, and that opened the door for Obama, but McCain would have screwed it up.

Looking at what the GOP did by allowing McCain to run as the republican nom. and the way they have attacked their own this year, I think the heads of the GOP are RINO'S.

Parties in power almost always lose the off year elections.

Pure rationalization on your part. The Democrats lost an historic number of seats in the House on Tuesday, plus several seats in the Senate, a number of governorships and 500 state legislative seats. Trying to wave it off as a typical off year election is absurd.

It's been 100 plus years since the Republicans controlled the General assembly

The General Assembly??

The Markets are being manipulated Jillian. The worst is yet to happen.

A quick background for you. When we arrived in Australia, we happened to land smack bang in one of the ritziest suburbs in Sydney, which was both good and bad. (I won't bore you with how we landed here). It was bad because we can't even afford to buy most peoples' letterbox, let alone a house in this area. How ritzy is it? I coach cricket to the nephew of probably one of the world's most famous actresses on the planet. Her whole family live here. The good part is, that I am friends with approximately seven or eight stockbrokers, as well as fine metal merchants (mining industry) etc. These are all very successful, Type A blokes, who on the whole are pretty good. The type of stockbroking they do varies from high risk to not so high risk. Not ONE of them got stung by the financial crisis to any degree (to be fair, Australia was one of the few economies that still expanded).

EVERY single one of those guys say TARP had to happen. EVERY single one of them thinks the Obama is doing OK. And most (but not all) don't think he went far enough.

So, in my corner I have Conservative stock brokers who all know how an economy works and hate Julia Gillard (australia's labor (read Democrat) PM), yet they all think Obama is doing OK. So, who do you have in your corner? And I'm talking people at the coal face, not some right-wing blogger, or sound-bite artist on Fox. I'm talking people who actually know their shit? And in my case, every single person I am talking about is an uber capitalist...

Obama uses the Bully Pulpit every time he throws someone under the bus. He uses it to bully and demonize consistently. Democratic Leadership comes from the fringe, not the center, that's just how you guy's are. Try more moderate leadership, it doesn't stifle the message, it's not taking voice away from the fringe. It promotes more balanced flow. Stop blaming us on the Right for your Party failures, and take your Party back.

1) Around the rest of the world, Obama is seen as a moderate.
2) And he is
3) Dems and liberals are not saying his policies are failures, the right is, so why do they need to take something 'back', that they don't see as having been taken in the first place?

The rest of the world has yet to recognize Unalienable Right's, huh. Despot's around the world, could easily see him as a Moderate, I agree, but by what standard do they judge him?

There are those that see Progressive Statism as an enemy to Our Federal Republic. Centralized One Size Fit's All Government is Nationalism, not Federalism. Federalism is a light touch, enumerated power. I support Government's role in protecting Natural Rights, Establishing Justice, being the impartial Referee, we have just strayed too far. One should never act when the consent of the Governed is lost.

Taking things back that have yet to be implemented. Taking back from policies that deny choice, liberty, private property, that implement unfair burden, there are alway's choices in remedy, not all are compatible with our system of Government.

For those interested in the details of what the 11th congress did do and what they were doing?

here's the list of the 284 bills that got passed

There was a problem accessing the link but I think I may have fixed it.
Nope that didn't fix it.

Yeah I see the problem.

I did a search for bill that were passed but apparently yuouy cannot bookmark a search outcome.

You'll have to do the search yourself from the getgo to arrive at the bills that were signed into law

THOMAS (Library of Congress)

It's a neat site because it gives you the opportunity to see all the activity of Congress.

He's done a good job?

Compaerd to Jimmy Carter's 4 years, maybe.

Other than that, he's been nothing more than a fucking trainwreck with lips.

parties in power almost always lose the off year elections.

Plus the economy was almost destroyed by bush the lesser, and until it comes back completely, the populace will always blame whoever is in power. The public has a very short memory.

party's in power only get shit canned when they piss the people off the demnocrats did it big time this has not happen since the 30's
With only four exceptions, EVERY single President since Lincoln has lost seats in the House in the midterm elections. Had there been no recession, he would have lost seats, but would probably not have lost the House.

I can go back as far as 1945 to varify what I say as true.
I don't think so.

From 1947 until 1993 the democrats have controlled the house.
And from 1955 until 1979 they controlled both the senate and the house
Party In Power - Congress and Presidency - A Visual Guide To The Balance of Power In Congress, 1945-2008
Midterm elections - history lesson - reality check

Obama has done a good job as president. The jobs and tax cut bill saved millions of jobs. The restructing of GM worked...it is now a profitable company. The bank bailout which Bush and Obama both worked on brought stability to the markets, and the vast majority of the money lent to the banks has already been repaid. Healthcare reform was long overdue and made it through Congress in spite of one of the most dishonest campaigns against it by the corporate media and the Republicans. Most of our troops have left Iraq, and our image in the world has been restored. The only thing Obama has done wrong is he has been too soft on the Republicans, the most lying, cheating, stealing, political party that only a corporate lobbyist for Haliburton could love.

He failed to be a Democrat. That's why so many former supporters just didn't bother to vote this election cycle.

In his defence he had help failing to be a Democrat.

He has many Dems in Congress ALSO failing to be Democrats.

The Republicans in Congress, however, mostly succeeded in being what they'd always been...supply sider advocates.

Obama has thus far failed to use his bully pulpit.

He'd have done better, indeed the Dems running for Congress would have done better, too, if they'd stood up to the Rs and rammed stuff down their thoats.

But the Dems didn't because far too many of them are really Republicans-lite.

Exactly why that is is obvious.

It has to do with the way we fund campiagns.

Both parties are beholden to BIG CAPITAL.

Obama uses the Bully Pulpit every time he throws someone under the bus. He uses it to bully and demonize consistently. Democratic Leadership comes from the fringe, not the center, that's just how you guy's are. Try more moderate leadership, it doesn't stifle the message, it's not taking voice away from the fringe. It promotes more balanced flow. Stop blaming us on the Right for your Party failures, and take your Party back.

I wan't blaming the RIGHT, intense.

I blamed the DEMS for their own failings, didn't I?

Seriously, do try to read what I say before commenting would you?

Thanks in advance for understanding that you can't really know what people say unless you read the words they actually put before you for your consideration.

Sincerely and respectfully,

editec

McCain never lead, he got a jump when he brought Sarah on.

McCain is and alway's has been his own worst Enemy. Those that chose him, gave the Election away. Hillary probably would have beaten him too. I know at the time it didn't seem likely, and that opened the door for Obama, but McCain would have screwed it up.

Looking at what the GOP did by allowing McCain to run as the republican nom. and the way they have attacked their own this year, I think the heads of the GOP are RINO'S.

They are bought and paid for. Lott, Graham, should be rewarded with permanent vacations. I won't be registering as a Republican again until they are long gone. I think Hamilton's Oligarchy State when I think of them. Who pulls their strings? Democratic Leadership too. The puppet Masters try to control outcome, and in some of these election's they win either way. That may be why the True Maverick's, Up-setter's, get so Demonized, They, aren't wearing collars, they are not bought and paid for yet. Haven't earned the Right.

party's in power only get shit canned when they piss the people off the demnocrats did it big time this has not happen since the 30's
With only four exceptions, EVERY single President since Lincoln has lost seats in the House in the midterm elections. Had there been no recession, he would have lost seats, but would probably not have lost the House.

Midterm elections - history lesson - reality check

I'm sure you can rationalize the lost governorships and state legislatures too.

He failed in his attempt to spin this years election any other way than what it is. A complete failure on the DNC

They are bought and paid for. Lott, Graham, should be rewarded with permanent vacations. I won't be registering as a Republican again until they are long gone. I think Hamilton's Oligarchy State when I think of them. Who pulls their strings? Democratic Leadership too. The puppet Masters try to control outcome, and in some of these election's they win either way. That may be why the True Maverick's, Up-setter's, get so Demonized, They, aren't wearing collars, they are not bought and paid for yet. Haven't earned the Right.

Thats why they fear the tea party. But only time will tell about those who were elected this year if they are what they say they are.

Actually, Singapore is a Benevolent Dictatorship, there is some merit to that.....

I'd expect a conservative to say that.

That is poison to an Freedom Loving, United States Constitution following American.

Thanks for the clarity.

Liberals LOVE the United States Constiution, folks. Conservative HATE the United States Constitution.

If you love something why change it into some thing it isn't?

He failed to be a Democrat. That's why so many former supporters just didn't bother to vote this election cycle.

In his defence he had help failing to be a Democrat.

He has many Dems in Congress ALSO failing to be Democrats.

The Republicans in Congress, however, mostly succeeded in being what they'd always been...supply sider advocates.

Obama has thus far failed to use his bully pulpit.

He'd have done better, indeed the Dems running for Congress would have done better, too, if they'd stood up to the Rs and rammed stuff down their thoats.

But the Dems didn't because far too many of them are really Republicans-lite.

Exactly why that is is obvious.

It has to do with the way we fund campiagns.

Both parties are beholden to BIG CAPITAL.

I wan't blaming the RIGHT, intense.

I blamed the DEMS for their own failings, didn't I?

Seriously, do try to read what I say before commenting would you?

Thanks in advance for understanding that you can't really know what people say unless you read the words they actually put before you for your consideration.

Sincerely and respectfully,

editec

But I did read what you wrote. I just disagree with your premise. You are far from Federalism. The Constitution is Federalist. You deny the Principles of Federalism, you deny the Constitution. Government is not the solution to all of our problems, it vessel, a means to an end. Fair Playing Field, establishment of Justice. Don't misunderstand me in the sense that I recognize the Tyranny of the State, and despise it, the same holds for tyranny in big business, though in such cases it usually involves Government involvement, the silent partner.

That is poison to an Freedom Loving, United States Constitution following American.

Thanks for the clarity.

Liberals LOVE the United States Constiution, folks. Conservative HATE the United States Constitution.

You had me with you all the way to the last sentence and you choked. :lol:

Why?

We wrote it.

Well not me..but my liberal forefathers.

OH the spin, the spin is making me so dizzy.

Actually, Singapore is a Benevolent Dictatorship, there is some merit to that.....

Thanks for the clarity.

If you love something why change it into some thing it isn't?

Sallow just needs a hug, the incoherent babbling is a call for help.

You had me with you all the way to the last sentence and you choked. :lol:

Why?

We wrote it.

Lead paint exposure huh.... :lol:

Libs today displace liberty, with dysfunctional parent and control freak syndrome, so that is a big fail. You can't handle Liberty, at least in others. Obama is in India right now, apologizing about how much we eat. That's one sick puppy.

Not only that but he's apologizing that we eat beef, and use cows for advertising
eat-mor-chikin.jpg

Clinton and Obama are cut from the same cloth.

It's hilarious to watch you guys make ridiculous distinctions between them..

If anything Obama is the MORE conservative of the two...

:lol::lol::lol:

Not at all. After Clinton had his ass handed to him, he learned to ignore Hillary and Govern towards the center. Obama is a Progressive Marxist who's only concern is his Utopian Fantasy.

Oh bullshit.

Obama is the most process focused president in recent memory.

This guy is color in the lines..by the book..

In other words..he's no Clinton..who was seat of his pants..get it done..brother..kind of guy..

I thought you were a bit more savvy..but maybe not.

Oh well.

I will say one thing
Horse shit
to add
If obamna is to do it by the book he will have to change his agenda.

Pure rationalization on your part. The Democrats lost an historic number of seats in the House on Tuesday, plus several seats in the Senate, a number of governorships and 500 state legislative seats. Trying to wave it off as a typical off year election is absurd.

It's been 100 plus years since the Republicans controlled the General assembly

The General Assembly??

Well maybe you over look the comment that was made
"a number of governorships and 500 state legislative seats."
North Carolina's state legislative seats ae call the General Assembly

Why?

We wrote it.

Lead paint exposure huh.... :lol:

Libs today displace liberty, with dysfunctional parent and control freak syndrome, so that is a big fail. You can't handle Liberty, at least in others. Obama is in India right now, apologizing about how much we eat. That's one sick puppy.

Not only that but he's apologizing that we eat beef, and use cows for advertising
eat-mor-chikin.jpg

I think he's campaigning for World Leader, Emperor. I heard He's real moderate though, so there is nothing to worry about.

Not at all. After Clinton had his ass handed to him, he learned to ignore Hillary and Govern towards the center. Obama is a Progressive Marxist who's only concern is his Utopian Fantasy.

Oh bullshit.

Obama is the most process focused president in recent memory.

This guy is color in the lines..by the book..

In other words..he's no Clinton..who was seat of his pants..get it done..brother..kind of guy..

I thought you were a bit more savvy..but maybe not.

Oh well.

I will say one thing
Horse shit
to add
If obamna is to do it by the book he will have to change his agenda.
I would ask What Book? "Lord of the Rings"?

Forum List

Back