Obama has done a good job as president

Ummmm, Bush did TARP. Paulson and Bush.

The CEO Obama had control of, he got shit canned. Now GM is making money and about to go public again. Damn I hope I can get in on that IPO.

Oh so he DID do tarp and deserves credit . because thats not what I hear from the left, they tout tarp and the saving of the banking system as an obama achievement.........thx for clearing that up...:lol:

the GM IPO?...ye go ahead dump as much as you can into that sink hole....my god. We'll see how high the gov. can ratchet up the price so they can claim another 'success'...:lol:

I heard some left winger on NPR blathering about how GM has "cleaned up its balance sheet." Yeah, amazing what a bankruptcy will do for your balance sheet. Of course they have yet to address the problems that caused that bankrutpcy, namely high unit labor costs.

So, if what you're saying is true, and Obama and the Democrats have been so successful, please explain why over 60 Democrats got shit caned in the House due to the elections this week? Apparently, there are a lot of Americans that don't believe the same way as you do. Stand by for 2012 and watch another load of worthless Democrats hit the road, Jack.

Parties in power almost always lose the off year elections.

Plus the economy was almost destroyed by Bush the Lesser, and until it comes back completely, the populace will always blame whoever is in power. The public has a very short memory.

The people have a very short memory, when Bush tried to fix Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac...We had Chris Dodd,Barnie Frank,Maxine Waters and the rest say there was nothing wrong.Well that turned out not to be true.The housing disaster where people were given mortgages that had no business getting one.They had no money and no collateral and the system was rigged to get these people loans,they are the biggest reason for the problem we face today.:eusa_hand:

no one wants to hear the truth unless being truthful is what you are about. The democrats have lied from day from day one

Last edited:
Ummmm, Bush did TARP. Paulson and Bush.

The CEO Obama had control of, he got shit canned. Now GM is making money and about to go public again. Damn I hope I can get in on that IPO.

Oh so he DID do tarp and deserves credit . because thats not what I hear from the left, they tout tarp and the saving of the banking system as an obama achievement.........thx for clearing that up...:lol:

the GM IPO?...ye go ahead dump as much as you can into that sink hole....my god. We'll see how high the gov. can ratchet up the price so they can claim another 'success'...:lol:

I heard some left winger on NPR blathering about how GM has "cleaned up its balance sheet." Yeah, amazing what a bankruptcy will do for your balance sheet. Of course they have yet to address the problems that caused that bankrutpcy, namely high unit labor costs.

hey don't get me started. we still own 60% of GM....the ipo valuing is going to be a hoot.

check this-

General Motors Repays Loans, Still Owned By The Government

GM got a total of $52 billion from the U.S. government and $9.5 billion from the Canadian and Ontario governments as it went through bankruptcy protection last year. At first the entire amount of U.S. aid was considered a loan as the government tried to keep GM from going under and pulling the fragile economy into a depression.

But during bankruptcy, the U.S. government reduced the loan portion to $6.7 billion and converted the rest to company stock, while the Canadian government held $1.4 billion in loans. Those loans were repaid Tuesday, five years ahead of schedule.

The automaker hopes to begin repaying the remaining $45.3 billion to the U.S. government and $8.1 billion to Canada via a public stock offering, perhaps later this year. The U.S. government now owns 61 percent of the company and Canada owns roughly 12 percent.

Say Anything General Motors Repays Loans, Still Owned By The Government

who in their right minds would buy a piece of this Frankenstein monster? They have paid back money from a grabbag of cash credits the gov. set up for them, that is OUR money from the bailout, in effect their profits have not paid back a dime.

With as you say the wild cards of labor costs, capital investiture management, the outstanding loans......

Clinton was a much better leader than Obama.....with all the adversity he had,he kept the two sides a hell of a lot closer than what the last 2 lunkheads have done.....Bush and Obama only led or lead those who agree with them.....i was 50/50 with Clinton...but i considered him my President.....these last 2 clowns.....i not so sure i can say that....

Clinton knew when to hold em, and when to fold em. Obama is out of his league. I can't watch anymore. It's too painful.

Clinton and Obama are cut from the same cloth.

It's hilarious to watch you guys make ridiculous distinctions between them..

If anything Obama is the MORE conservative of the two...

:lol::lol::lol:

thats your opinion.....as far as i am concerned Clinton realised that half the Country may not agree with him...BUT ...they are still part of the Country and he knew he had to speak to them too,and he did a decent job of it.....Obama as far as i am concerned thinks he only has to talk to those who are on his side......when your President of the Country Sallow your President for every one here....not just those who elect you and agree with everything you do...no matter if its right or wrong....Cut from the same cloth?....i dont think so.....one guy realized what it means to be President....the other guy?.....he is lost and like many have said....in over his head.....

The rest of the world has yet to recognize Unalienable Right's, huh. Despot's around the world, could easily see him as a Moderate, I agree, but by what standard do they judge him?

There are those that see Progressive Statism as an enemy to Our Federal Republic. Centralized One Size Fit's All Government is Nationalism, not Federalism. Federalism is a light touch, enumerated power. I support Government's role in protecting Natural Rights, Establishing Justice, being the impartial Referee, we have just strayed too far. One should never act when the consent of the Governed is lost.

Taking things back that have yet to be implemented. Taking back from policies that deny choice, liberty, private property, that implement unfair burden, there are alway's choices in remedy, not all are compatible with our system of Government.

1) I will rectify that statement to say "western world"...;o)
2) Unfortunately I think you are hoping for Utopia. A land needs laws. What you might think are not enough laws, others might think are too many. And so it goes on. When you live in a civilised society the needs and wants of yourSpopulation vary. These are invariably taken into account when laws are made (some would argue, some peoples' ideals/mores are put to the front of the queue - especially if there is a lobbyist(s) ). One of the great things about democracy is you get to kick them out if you don't like them. Hell, you can even form your own political party to take them head on if you like.
3) Well, maybe it's your form of govt that needs adjusting. That being said, there have been a couple of studies out in the past couple of weeks. One was the standard of living and one was on incoruptability. One thing that was measured was form of govt. Personally i think your form of govt sux for too many reasons to go into now. However, according to the study, the US form of govt is thought to be the fourth best. I wouldn't have put it in the top 10 let alone top 5. I think the people who put the study together must have been talking the theoretical aspects of the US govt, not the reality. :tongue:

Last edited:
It would have been better he did nothing.

Really? America would be better off without GM? Without the millions of jobs that GM represents?

The country would be better off with hundreds of thousands of teachers, police and fire fighters laid off?

The country would be better off without the infrastructure that was built?

The country would be better off with a couple of hundred thousand combat troops in Iraq?

The country would be better off if we were still toturing people?

You did exactly what i expected. You offered a bit of tripe and instead of offering what you would have done differently, you offered to go on vacation. As suspected, you got nuthin'. Unless that's really you up front with the blonde hair and the, well, umm, shapely upper half. if that's the case, you got all you need.

Marry well.

Please allow me.

GM had to be saved, however Obama of course went about it in the least efficient, most intrusive way. It could also be argued that the private sector would have saved GM, maybe not AS GM , but it is doubtful that the company would have just disappeared without a bailout.

I assume you are referencing that the super duper stimulus package saved all those jobs? Funny since most of the money still hasn't been spent on ANYTHING.

Yes, we would be better off if the President would not have re designated 20K troops in Iraq as non combat troops and left their asses there.

What infrastructure?

What torture? Oh, you mean water boarding? I have swamp land to sell you if you truly believe that the CIA has changed their methods, they are just quieter about it. BOOK THAT

Want to know what I would have done to solve those issues.

1. I would have let GM fold if they couldn't manage to slim themselves down to being profitable, someone would have bought their assets and the net result would have been the same. Yes it feels good to say we "saved GM" but in reality saving GM wasn't an absolute must to save those jobs.

2. My "stimulus bill" would have consisted with giving each American family $5M tax free. That's approximately 200M households at $5M or $10B far far far less than the $78B mess that Congress passed, and I'm more than confident that it would have helped more people and done more good for the economy.

3. This one is simple. Pull are troops out of Iraq AND Afghan completely and telll the Muslims they can do whatever they want, BUT the very next attack on the US or her citizens will be met with nuclear retaliation. No more Muslim problem, well maybe ONE more Muslim problem, but even they aren't stupid enough to risk a second strike.

4. Stand up in front of a joint session of Congress and tell them that the next motherfucker who leaks ANYTHING in regards to our national security, including methods we use to gain information, will be publicly executed for treason.

2. My "stimulus bill" would have consisted with giving each American family $5M tax free. That's approximately 200M households at $5M or $10B far far far less than the $78B mess that Congress passed, and I'm more than confident that it would have helped more people and done more good for the economy.

You might want to check the batteries on your calculator.

200M X 5M = 1,000 Trillion (remember, we're not supposed to tell Obama what comes after a Trillion)

And the mess Congress passed was @ $800B.

You might want to check the batteries on your calculator.

200M X 5M = 1,000 Trillion (remember, we're not supposed to tell Obama what comes after a Trillion)

And the mess Congress passed was @ $800B.

oops, looks like I just showed why I'm not a math major.

Forum List

Back