Remember that littlecomment pelosi made about the healthcare bill?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bigrebnc1775, Nov 6, 2010.

1. bigrebnc1775

bigrebnc1775 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,830
    I know most remeber it some would love to forget it and some love using it. Well let's take a look at what she said.

But we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.

I actually think she was taunting the American people. Because the we she is talking about is the government, and the you are the people.

The government is the only body that can vote on legislation and the people cannot see it until allowed by the government

But we ( the government) have to pass the bill so that you (the people) can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.

I think she knew and congress knew exactly what was in the bill and she was rubbing it in the faces of the American people.
    What do you think?

2. Big Black Dog

Big Black Dog Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,757
    Nope. I think it is just another one of those times that Nancy Pelosi was talking out of her ass. She didn't have a clue what was in the Bill and neither did the dumb-assed President who signed it into law.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    I say again anyone dumb enough to believe a politician....

4. bigrebnc1775

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,830
    Maybe but look at what she said. Heres the whole speech she made I will poist the link but I will also post the text that surrounds the comment

“But we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy. Furthermore, we believe that health care reform, again I said at the beginning of my remarks, that we sent the three pillars that the President’s economic stabilization and job creation initiatives were education and innovation—innovation begins in the classroom—clean energy and climate, addressing the climate issues in an innovative way to keep us number one and competitive in the world with the new technology, and the third, first among equals I may say, is health care, health insurance reform. Health insurance reform is about jobs. This legislation alone will create 4 million jobs, about 400,000 jobs very soon.

Speaker Nancy Pelosi | News Room | Press Releases

Look at how she is using the word we it's always dealing with something congress is doing.

5. iamwhatiseem

iamwhatiseem Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,128
    She lives in a bubble outside of reality...the bubble is not even within reality where she can see it.
    She has zero clue about much of anything other than what she sees in written reports and what her other elitist colleagues tell her.
    In her mind, what she said is perfectly ok to say. She would not pause to think that it is wrong for an American government to pass legislation that the people do not want - she would not think for one second that this is wrong.
    She is a liberal elitist. And as an elitist, she absolutely believes that she and her kind not only knows what is best, but has the right and moral high ground to act on what they know without the consent of those who elect her.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2010
  6. Greenbeard

Greenbeard Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,323
    It's mindboggling that you can actually link to the text of her remarks and still start a thread misrepresenting them. The "you" in her comment is her audience, elected and appointed county officials attending the Legislative Conference for National Association of Counties. So when she says "Nobody knows better than you the strain on hospitals that never turned a patient away, and health care providers grappling with the challenges of the uninsured and shrinking reimbursement. You know as well as anyone, that our current system is unsustainable" the "you" she refers to is county officials. When she speaks of partnership in "We have to do this in partnership, and I wanted to bring up to date on where we see it from here. The final health care legislation that will soon be passed by Congress will deliver successful reform at the local level" she's talking about multiple levels of government working together. When she reminds her audience "The challenges we face, the health, the education, the education of our children, the economic well-being of their families, the safety of neighborhoods, all of this, all roads lead to you. The challenges we all face are too great though for each of us to face them alone. We need to form the partnerships, strengthen partnerships at every level of government and with committed and compassionate leaders to understand that the need to focus on the next generation, we need to focus on the next generation, not the next election" she is, of course, making the same point about county-level involvement in health reform and other issues.

And when she closes with "Thank you NACo, for the opportunity to be with you. On behalf of my colleagues in the Congress, I welcome you to Washington, D.C. I hope we will see you on Capitol Hill. We want your advocacy either here or from home." she again reveals what the title at the top of your link should've informed you: she's talking to county officials.

To sum up: "you" isn't "the people," it's county officials dealing with local health issues. Why are you intentionally being dishonest?

Last edited: Nov 6, 2010
  7. bigrebnc1775

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,830
    So are you saying that the people she was addressing was also the people who would vote on the bill?
    Those in the audience are part of the you as in All Americans except for Congress. They are the we she was talking about.

In other words they could not see the bill until congress signed for it. Thanks for proving my point moron.

8. Greenbeard

Greenbeard Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,323
    No. They were county officials whose work would be affected by the public health and safety net provisions of the legislation (which had been posted online for over four months when she gave that speech). What's the matter with you?

9. bigrebnc1775

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,830
    You are not making a point

She said
    Is she saying they cannot see the bill until after it's voted on?

10. Modbert

Modbert Daydream Believer Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    I'd say this is the matter with BigReb:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVf_EcdOzlo[/ame]