Remember that littlecomment pelosi made about the healthcare bill?

bigrebnc1775

][][][% NC Sheepdog
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 12, 2010
Kannapolis, N.C.
I know most remeber it some would love to forget it and some love using it. Well let's take a look at what she said.

But we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.

I actually think she was taunting the American people. Because the we she is talking about is the government, and the you are the people.

The government is the only body that can vote on legislation and the people cannot see it until allowed by the government

But we ( the government) have to pass the bill so that you (the people) can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.

I think she knew and congress knew exactly what was in the bill and she was rubbing it in the faces of the American people.
What do you think?

Nope. I think it is just another one of those times that Nancy Pelosi was talking out of her ass. She didn't have a clue what was in the Bill and neither did the dumb-assed President who signed it into law.

Nope. I think it is just another one of those times that Nancy Pelosi was talking out of her ass. She didn't have a clue what was in the Bill and neither did the dumb-assed President who signed it into law.

Maybe but look at what she said. Heres the whole speech she made I will poist the link but I will also post the text that surrounds the comment

“But we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy. Furthermore, we believe that health care reform, again I said at the beginning of my remarks, that we sent the three pillars that the President’s economic stabilization and job creation initiatives were education and innovation—innovation begins in the classroom—clean energy and climate, addressing the climate issues in an innovative way to keep us number one and competitive in the world with the new technology, and the third, first among equals I may say, is health care, health insurance reform. Health insurance reform is about jobs. This legislation alone will create 4 million jobs, about 400,000 jobs very soon.

Speaker Nancy Pelosi | News Room | Press Releases

Look at how she is using the word we it's always dealing with something congress is doing.

She lives in a bubble outside of reality...the bubble is not even within reality where she can see it.
She has zero clue about much of anything other than what she sees in written reports and what her other elitist colleagues tell her.
In her mind, what she said is perfectly ok to say. She would not pause to think that it is wrong for an American government to pass legislation that the people do not want - she would not think for one second that this is wrong.
She is a liberal elitist. And as an elitist, she absolutely believes that she and her kind not only knows what is best, but has the right and moral high ground to act on what they know without the consent of those who elect her.

Last edited:
I actually think she was taunting the American people. Because the we she is talking about is the government, and the you are the people.

[...]

But we ( the government) have to pass the bill so that you (the people) can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.

It's mindboggling that you can actually link to the text of her remarks and still start a thread misrepresenting them. The "you" in her comment is her audience, elected and appointed county officials attending the Legislative Conference for National Association of Counties. So when she says "Nobody knows better than you the strain on hospitals that never turned a patient away, and health care providers grappling with the challenges of the uninsured and shrinking reimbursement. You know as well as anyone, that our current system is unsustainable" the "you" she refers to is county officials. When she speaks of partnership in "We have to do this in partnership, and I wanted to bring up to date on where we see it from here. The final health care legislation that will soon be passed by Congress will deliver successful reform at the local level" she's talking about multiple levels of government working together. When she reminds her audience "The challenges we face, the health, the education, the education of our children, the economic well-being of their families, the safety of neighborhoods, all of this, all roads lead to you. The challenges we all face are too great though for each of us to face them alone. We need to form the partnerships, strengthen partnerships at every level of government and with committed and compassionate leaders to understand that the need to focus on the next generation, we need to focus on the next generation, not the next election" she is, of course, making the same point about county-level involvement in health reform and other issues.

And when she closes with "Thank you NACo, for the opportunity to be with you. On behalf of my colleagues in the Congress, I welcome you to Washington, D.C. I hope we will see you on Capitol Hill. We want your advocacy either here or from home." she again reveals what the title at the top of your link should've informed you: she's talking to county officials.

To sum up: "you" isn't "the people," it's county officials dealing with local health issues. Why are you intentionally being dishonest?

Last edited:

[...]

It's mindboggling that you can actually link to the text of her remarks and still start a thread misrepresenting them. The "you" in her comment is her audience, elected and appointed county officials attending the Legislative Conference for National Association of Counties. So when she says "Nobody knows better than you the strain on hospitals that never turned a patient away, and health care providers grappling with the challenges of the uninsured and shrinking reimbursement. You know as well as anyone, that our current system is unsustainable" the "you" she refers to is county officials. When she speaks of partnership in "We have to do this in partnership, and I wanted to bring up to date on where we see it from here. The final health care legislation that will soon be passed by Congress will deliver successful reform at the local level" she's talking about multiple levels of government working together. When she reminds her audience "The challenges we face, the health, the education, the education of our children, the economic well-being of their families, the safety of neighborhoods, all of this, all roads lead to you. The challenges we all face are too great though for each of us to face them alone. We need to form the partnerships, strengthen partnerships at every level of government and with committed and compassionate leaders to understand that the need to focus on the next generation, we need to focus on the next generation, not the next election" she is, of course, making the same point about county-level involvement in health reform and other issues.

And when she closes with "Thank you NACo, for the opportunity to be with you. On behalf of my colleagues in the Congress, I welcome you to Washington, D.C. I hope we will see you on Capitol Hill. We want your advocacy either here or from home." she again reveals what the title at the top of your link should've informed you: she's talking to county officials.

To sum up: "you" isn't "the people," it's county officials dealing with local health issues. Why are you intentionally being dishonest?

It's mindboggling that you can actually link to the text of her remarks and still start a thread misrepresenting them. The "you" in her comment is her audience, elected and appointed county officials attending the Legislative Conference for National Association of Counties.
So are you saying that the people she was addressing was also the people who would vote on the bill?
Those in the audience are part of the you as in All Americans except for Congress. They are the we she was talking about.

In other words they could not see the bill until congress signed for it. Thanks for proving my point moron.

So are you saying that the people she was addressing was also the people who would vote on the bill?

No. They were county officials whose work would be affected by the public health and safety net provisions of the legislation (which had been posted online for over four months when she gave that speech). What's the matter with you?

No. They were county officials whose work would be affected by the public health and safety net provisions of the legislation (which had been posted online for over four months when she gave that speech). What's the matter with you?

You are not making a point

She said
But we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Is she saying they cannot see the bill until after it's voted on?

No dipshit, she's saying that she can't tell you what's going to be in a bill that is still being amended. You have to wait till the bill actually passes to know what's going to be in it.

Duh.

No dipshit, she's saying that she can't tell you what's going to be in a bill that is still being amended. You have to wait till the bill actually passes to know what's going to be in it.

Duh.

We must pass the bill before you can see what's in the bill sure sounds like shes saying that you cannot see whats in it until they vote on it. or are you saying that the democrats did not know what they were voting for?
They are one of two thing stuipd for signing something they did not know anythiung about
or
They are being arrogant and dictators
So which is it?

Obviously she's not, as in early March when she made those remarks the text of the primary legislation, H.R. 3590, had been sitting on THOMAS and available for public viewing for several months.

What did she say?

“We have to do this in partnership, and I wanted to bring up to date on where we see it from here. The final health care legislation that will soon be passed by Congress will deliver successful reform at the local level. It will offer paid for investments that will improve health care services and coverage for millions more Americans. It will make significant investments in innovation, prevention, wellness and offer robust support for public health infrastructure. It will dramatically expand investments into community health centers. That means a dramatic expansion in the number of patients community health centers can see and ultimately healthier communities. Our bill will significantly reduce uncompensated care for hospitals.

“You’ve heard about the controversies within the bill, the process about the bill, one or the other. But I don’t know if you have heard that it is legislation for the future, not just about health care for America, but about a healthier America, where preventive care is not something that you have to pay a deductible for or out of pocket. Prevention, prevention, prevention—it’s about diet, not diabetes. It’s going to be very, very exciting.

“But we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.

Is this ambiguous? She's clearly pointing out that attention focused heavily on 1) BS controversies (death panels or alleged subsidies to illegals or any number of made-up stories) and 2) process stories. Real issues, particular those that would be of interest to her audience (again, local officials, i.e. people who have to deal with public health and safety net health issues), like community health center expansions or enhancements of local capabilities to deal with infectious diseases or prevention provisions weren't part of the national discussion.

Again, you provided the link to the context--how is this still unclear to you?

Last edited:

Obviously she's not, as in early March when she made those remarks the text of the primary legislation, H.R. 3590, had been sitting on THOMAS and available for public viewing for several months.

What did she say?

“We have to do this in partnership, and I wanted to bring up to date on where we see it from here. The final health care legislation that will soon be passed by Congress will deliver successful reform at the local level. It will offer paid for investments that will improve health care services and coverage for millions more Americans. It will make significant investments in innovation, prevention, wellness and offer robust support for public health infrastructure. It will dramatically expand investments into community health centers. That means a dramatic expansion in the number of patients community health centers can see and ultimately healthier communities. Our bill will significantly reduce uncompensated care for hospitals.

“You’ve heard about the controversies within the bill, the process about the bill, one or the other. But I don’t know if you have heard that it is legislation for the future, not just about health care for America, but about a healthier America, where preventive care is not something that you have to pay a deductible for or out of pocket. Prevention, prevention, prevention—it’s about diet, not diabetes. It’s going to be very, very exciting.

“But we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.

Is this ambiguous? She's clearly pointing out that attention focused heavily on 1) BS controversies (death panels or alleged subsidies to illegals or any number of made-up stories) and 2) process stories. Real issues, particular those that would be of interest to her audience (again, local officials, i.e. people who have to deal with public health and safety net health issues), like community health center expansions or enhancements of local capabilities to deal with infectious diseases or prevention provisions weren't part of the national discussion.

Since you think you have the answer do you want to clearify what she said?

But we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy

One of two things
They are one of two thing's
stupid for signing some thing they did not know anything about
or

You still are not making a point
When she says we she is always talking about some thing congress is doing and the you is always the people.
So which is it?

Some people cannot get past the out of context spin that right wing pundits spew.

an example from a spun leftist pundit. president Bush told the American people: "you are with the terrorists".

Last edited:
Some people cannot get past the out of context spin that right wing pundits spew.

an example from a spun leftist pundit. president Bush told the American people: "you are with the terrorists".

Are you trying to say someone is spining what pelosi said? I really cannot see how anyone can spin into something else.

One of two things happen when she said it
They are stupid for signing some thing they did not know anything about
or
"you can't see it until we have made it a law"

Last edited:

[...]

It doesn't matter how you want to dress this up to obscure what is being said.

The fact remains that she is saying quite plainly that the bill needs to be passed BEFORE what is in the bill will be revealed.

That she is speaking to a group intimately familiar with the system and the problems presented by that system is even more damning. These people are experts and she is saying that not even they could understand what is happening and that she cannot explain it to them or that she will not reveal it to them.

Take your pick.

Words mean things. She is saying that the people who work with the system know less than she does and that they just need to trust her.

She should be selling used cars.

[...]

It doesn't matter how you want to dress this up to obscure what is being said.

The fact remains that she is saying quite plainly that the bill needs to be passed BEFORE what is in the bill will be revealed.

That she is speaking to a group intimately familiar with the system and the problems presented by that system is even more damning. These people are experts and she is saying that not even they could understand what is happening and that she cannot explain it to them or that she will not reveal it to them.

Take your pick.

Words mean things. She is saying that the people who work with the system know less than she does and that they just need to trust her.

She should be selling used cars.

Nice reply

What did she say?

The Healthcare Insurance Reform Bill was passed in its 2000+ page format. The regulations that will support the law will probably increase those pages by 10 times. That is what she was talking about unless you are going to have us believe she is an utter imbecile.

Presumably, she knows what happens to a law when it is passed and put into action.

There is the possibility that she does not and perhaps she is as astonished as the rest of us on how the Congress works.

Forum List

Back