Obama family enjoys 10 day vacation

It's Foxfyre's "Law of W" http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/120997-foxfyres-law.html or an example of a nanosecond: the length of time necessary for any negative comment or criticism of President Obama to turn the focus on Bush.

I apologize. I keep forgetting that the years between 2001 and 2009 have been completely obliterated from history and therefore have had (and will not have) any effect on modern times from then on. My bad.

are you saying obama was unaware of what had transpired while he was in the senate and that he had no clue what he was getting into and is only now figuring out what he signed up to change....

I'm saying that the best minds in Washington and the country didn't see the economic tsunami coming which was dumped on his plate IN ADDITION TO everything that he was obviously aware were pending issues. The economy didn't fall flat on its face and begin descending into hell on January 23, 2009.

I apologize. I keep forgetting that the years between 2001 and 2009 have been completely obliterated from history and therefore have had (and will not have) any effect on modern times from then on. My bad.

are you saying obama was unaware of what had transpired while he was in the senate and that he had no clue what he was getting into and is only now figuring out what he signed up to change....

I'm saying that the best minds in Washington and the country didn't see the economic tsunami coming which was dumped on his plate IN ADDITION TO everything that he was obviously aware were pending issues. The economy didn't fall flat on its face and begin descending into hell on January 23, 2009.

Get the WAAAAAAAAaaaabulance!! STAT!!!

Another Obamot has soiled her panties!!!

Another unsubstantiated claim you've pulled from your ass to stink up the forum.

Maybe if you weren't glued to this message board 24/7, you'd actually get to pay attention, READ, and discover that I never say anything unsubstantiated.

Obama Heads Home, Faces Criticism Over Memorial Day Plans - Chicagoist

You must enjoy being dumbed down, is all I can think of.
Gotta wonder about your comprehension skills, there, Maggie.

Samson claimed criticism over the Memorial Day vacation was unsubstantiated. I simply proved him wrong. What's not to comprehend? If I said the earth orbited around the sun, he'd say I pulled that fact from my ass, so I'm not surprised actually.

That's because the economic Tsunami is Obamanomics itself.

The CURE is worse than the original malady.

Maybe if you weren't glued to this message board 24/7, you'd actually get to pay attention, READ, and discover that I never say anything unsubstantiated.

Obama Heads Home, Faces Criticism Over Memorial Day Plans - Chicagoist

You must enjoy being dumbed down, is all I can think of.

Samson claimed criticism over the Memorial Day vacation was unsubstantiated. I simply proved him wrong. What's not to comprehend? If I said the earth orbited around the sun, he'd say I pulled that fact from my ass, so I'm not surprised actually.
Actually, he asked YOU to substatiate this (your words): "They went to Chicago over Memorial Day weekend, and were highly criticized for not spending the holiday on the Gulf ordering BP around." [Emphasis added]

Yes, they were highly criticized, so you were correct there; but not for the reason you state. And, what you provided as substantiation confirmed that what you stated was NOT the case.

That's because the economic Tsunami is Obamanomics itself.

The CURE is worse than the original malady.

Are you saying I should throw out my leeches?
:confused:
How the hell am I supposed to recover from a cold?

Wow you are right is began its decline in 07, at the same time DEMOCRATS to control of the purse stings and law making.

What were you saying while Bush was breaking records for vactation time?

Please walk away from the keyboard. You REALLY aren't making yourself look good. Matter of fact ... you just appear stupid.

No Gunny, your being stupid. Our Deserter-In-Chief spent over Two (02) years of of Eight (08) years in office, on vacation. Couiously dumb george spent over Four Hunderd Seventy(470) days at Camp David Maryland, and over Four Hundred Seventy(470) days on vacation at Crawford cutting "Switch Grass".

The village idiot famously spent the entire month of August 2001 in Crawford, after receiving a Presidential Daily Brief (PDB) entitled, "Bin Laden Determined To Attack U.S."

Those are facts. I know, as a career Jar Head with a very limited mental capability that facts tend to confuse you, but you really need to learn to think for yourself.

The thing is President Bush DID see it coming though of course nobody imagined the magnitude. He had repeatedly been speaking concern for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac and asking Congress to deal with it, and the Democrat leadership refused to do so as Barney Frank, Chris Dodd, Chuck Shumer, et al assured everybody that all was well. And with opposition from influential Democrats, with the Democrats being unified in voting against any legislation to defuse the building bubble, and no super majority in the Senate, the GOP did introduce legislation but failed to put sufficient importance on it and it failed or was blocked and never made it to the Senate floor. Once the Democrats took over both houses in January 2007, no legislation was even considered.

So let's keep it in perspectiive and at least make a stab at intellectual honesty when you try to shift the blame for all that onto President Bush:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMnSp4qEXNM]YouTube - Timeline shows Bush, McCain warning Dems of financial and housing crisis; meltdown[/ame]

Last edited:

Actually, he asked YOU to substatiate this (your words): "They went to Chicago over Memorial Day weekend, and were highly criticized for not spending the holiday on the Gulf ordering BP around." [Emphasis added]

Yes, they were highly criticized, so you were correct there; but not for the reason you state. And, what you provided as substantiation confirmed that what you stated was NOT the case.

Then maybe I should have pulled up some of the comments made on this board at the time. Are you suggesting he was NOT criticized for not spending the entire weekend in New Orleans?

Then maybe I should have pulled up some of the comments made on this board at the time. Are you suggesting he was NOT criticized for not spending the entire weekend in New Orleans?

We're suggesting you are an idiot who cannot comprehend your own source article.

I and others are suggesting that he was criticized for not attending the Arlington Memorial Day event. Some ma yhave criticized him for something else, but all the criticism I heard was for his skipping out on the Arlington affair on Memorial Day, as your link said.

Wow you are right is began its decline in 07, at the same time DEMOCRATS to control of the purse stings and law making.

George W. Bush was President until January 2009. The only SPENDING bills passed were his.

The thing is President Bush DID see it coming though of course nobody imagined the magnitude. He had repeatedly been speaking concern for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac and asking Congress to deal with it, and the Democrat leadership refused to do so as Barney Frank, Chris Dodd, Chuck Shumer, et al assured everybody that all was well. And with opposition from influential Democrats, with the Democrats being unified in voting against any legislation to defuse the building bubble, and no super majority in the Senate, the GOP did introduce legislation but failed to put sufficient importance on it and it failed or was blocked and never made it to the Senate floor. Once the Democrats took over both houses in January 2007, no legislation was even considered.

So let's keep it in perspectiive and at least make a stab at intellectual honesty when you try to shift the blame for all that onto President Bush:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMnSp4qEXNM]YouTube - Timeline shows Bush, McCain warning Dems of financial and housing crisis; meltdown[/ame]

I didn't try to shift the blame all onto Bush. I simply said that it was OBAMA who had to deal with it, not Bush. It would have been tough for either one, and Bush set the recovery in motion with TARP at least.

We're suggesting you are an idiot who cannot comprehend your own source article.

Go stalk somebody else, fool.

The thing is President Bush DID see it coming though of course nobody imagined the magnitude.

He had repeatedly been speaking concern for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac and asking Congress to deal with it, and the Democrat leadership refused to do so as Barney Frank, Chris Dodd, Chuck Shumer, et al assured everybody that all was well. And with opposition from influential Democrats, with the Democrats being unified in voting against any legislation to defuse the building bubble, and no super majority in the Senate, the GOP did introduce legislation but failed to put sufficient importance on it and it failed or was blocked and never made it to the Senate floor. Once the Democrats took over both houses in January 2007, no legislation was even considered.

So essentially, what you're saying is that despite Republican control of Congress and the White House in 2003 Barney Frank, Chris Dodd, Chuck Shumer, et al., Democrats kicked their ass, and continued kicking ass for the next FOUR YEARS until 2007 when Republicans finally stayed down on the mat.

:doubt:

If I was a Republican, I'd be seriously wondering if there was any point to belonging to a political party that could be so ineffectual.

I and others are suggesting that he was criticized for not attending the Arlington Memorial Day event. Some ma yhave criticized him for something else, but all the criticism I heard was for his skipping out on the Arlington affair on Memorial Day, as your link said.

Let's try this one, then.
President Obama under fire for BP spill response - Glenn Thrush and Josh Gerstein and Manu Raju - POLITICO.com

I guess the general point is that it wouldn't matter WHAT Obama does, he will be criticized. That's to be expected, of course, but it becomes absurd when the implication is that he is the "first" at, say, taking vacation during stressful economic times, using AF One to get there, or deciding to send someone else to Arlington, or not spending 24/7 at the site of some disaster.

I didn't try to shift the blame all onto Bush. I simply said that it was OBAMA who had to deal with it, not Bush. It would have been tough for either one, and Bush set the recovery in motion with TARP at least.

It is true that Obama did not create the crisis. But two years into the crisis, he has yet to own the decisions and actions utilized to deal with it. And even while almost all of that has been ineffective and/or has added to the problems, he continues to blame the Bush administration rather than take responsibility for anything he has proposed or signed onto. He takes full credit anything remotely positive that happens on his watch whether he had anything to do with it or not. But any problems are always because of his predecessors.

Every thing he proposes is absolutely essential to put the economy back on course. (See the OP on my Top Priorities thread.) Everything that has already failed is now billed as beneficial to future generations and was never intended to work right now. (Rolling eyes here.)

He and Congress take off on vacation without hammering out something both Democrats and Republicans could agree on for the small business bill. So he comes back and immediately accuses the Republicans of blocking legislation for months that he has yet to even discuss with them but is now suddenly absolutely essential to turn the economy around.

And it is probably all that which accounts for the recent Gallup poll showing I believe an unprecedented gap in the Congressional ballot for the upcoming election. The people are catching on finally. He apparently isn't so brilliant that he can fool all of them all the time.

Forum List

Back