Obama family enjoys 10 day vacation

Oh, and after all that, all the bailouts, all the repairs, all the 'fixes', etc. etc. etc. neither Obama nor any of the Democrats have been willing to implement necessary reforms in Fannie and Freddie to prevent the same thing from happening again.

Then maybe I should have pulled up some of the comments made on this board at the time. Are you suggesting he was NOT criticized for not spending the entire weekend in New Orleans?
I and others are suggesting that he was criticized for not attending the Arlington Memorial Day event. Some ma yhave criticized him for something else, but all the criticism I heard was for his skipping out on the Arlington affair on Memorial Day, as your link said.

Let's try this one, then.
President Obama under fire for BP spill response - Glenn Thrush and Josh Gerstein and Manu Raju - POLITICO.com

I guess the general point is that it wouldn't matter WHAT Obama does, he will be criticized. That's to be expected, of course, but it becomes absurd when the implication is that he is the "first" at, say, taking vacation during stressful economic times, using AF One to get there, or deciding to send someone else to Arlington, or not spending 24/7 at the site of some disaster.

Idiot, you've already been pawned, so just forget about your faux pas.

Plus you omitted Queen Michelle's trip to Spain:

michelle-obama-queen1.jpg

Last edited:
Oh, and after all that, all the bailouts, all the repairs, all the 'fixes', etc. etc. etc. neither Obama nor any of the Democrats have been willing to implement necessary reforms in Fannie and Freddie to prevent the same thing from happening again.

Well, first things first............as you know, ensuring ANOTHER government social welfare program is available for the "needy" takes much more priority over preventing anyone from being "needy."

The problem is with today's housing market being as dismal as it is, F&F are the ONLY entities able to stop it from collapsing entirely. Their debt can't be ignored, but they also can't be eliminated yet either. The agencies have enabled credit to keep flowing for typical home loans for buyers who are NOT in financial trouble, even as home values are falling and private sector mortgage financing has been almost impossible to get.

The problem is with today's housing market being as dismal as it is, F&F are the ONLY entities able to stop it from collapsing entirely. Their debt can't be ignored, but they also can't be eliminated yet either. The agencies have enabled credit to keep flowing for typical home loans for buyers who are NOT in financial trouble, even as home values are falling and private sector mortgage financing has been almost impossible to get.

Oh sure. They've done such a stellar job that new and used home sales are at or near an all time low. There is plenty of standard mortgage money out there for serious buyers who can afford to buy a home. The Obama administration is still favoring securing low income (risky) loans while some are pushing to stop securing loans for higher income (good risk) people. That would mean that the $5 trillion in secured loans held by Fannie and Freddie would be put at increased risk.

They haven't learned a damn thing and, unless somebody stops them, we'll see the same house of cards built up only to collapse again.

Oh sure. They've done such a stellar job that new and used home sales are at or near an all time low. There is plenty of standard mortgage money out there for serious buyers who can afford to buy a home. The Obama administration is still favoring securing low income (risky) loans while some are pushing to stop securing loans for higher income (good risk) people. That would mean that the $5 trillion in secured loans held by Fannie and Freddie would be put at increased risk.

They haven't learned a damn thing and, unless somebody stops them, we'll see the same house of cards built up only to collapse again.

Even conservative economists like Douglas Holtz-Eakin know that collapse would be guaranteed if Fannie & Freddie were allowed to die right now.

The thing is President Bush DID see it coming though of course nobody imagined the magnitude.

He had repeatedly been speaking concern for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac and asking Congress to deal with it, and the Democrat leadership refused to do so as Barney Frank, Chris Dodd, Chuck Shumer, et al assured everybody that all was well. And with opposition from influential Democrats, with the Democrats being unified in voting against any legislation to defuse the building bubble, and no super majority in the Senate, the GOP did introduce legislation but failed to put sufficient importance on it and it failed or was blocked and never made it to the Senate floor. Once the Democrats took over both houses in January 2007, no legislation was even considered.

So let's keep it in perspectiive and at least make a stab at intellectual honesty when you try to shift the blame for all that onto President Bush:

So essentially, what you're saying is that despite Republican control of Congress and the White House in 2003 Barney Frank, Chris Dodd, Chuck Shumer, et al., Democrats kicked their ass, and continued kicking ass for the next FOUR YEARS until 2007 when Republicans finally stayed down on the mat.

:doubt:

If I was a Republican, I'd be seriously wondering if there was any point to belonging to a political party that could be so ineffectual.

The republicans had very slim majorities and as liberals have pointed out over and over it is hard to get anything done with such a slim majority. Hell the Democrats can't get shit through with Huge majorities in both houses.

The thing is President Bush DID see it coming though of course nobody imagined the magnitude.

He had repeatedly been speaking concern for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac and asking Congress to deal with it, and the Democrat leadership refused to do so as Barney Frank, Chris Dodd, Chuck Shumer, et al assured everybody that all was well. And with opposition from influential Democrats, with the Democrats being unified in voting against any legislation to defuse the building bubble, and no super majority in the Senate, the GOP did introduce legislation but failed to put sufficient importance on it and it failed or was blocked and never made it to the Senate floor. Once the Democrats took over both houses in January 2007, no legislation was even considered.

So let's keep it in perspectiive and at least make a stab at intellectual honesty when you try to shift the blame for all that onto President Bush:

So essentially, what you're saying is that despite Republican control of Congress and the White House in 2003 Barney Frank, Chris Dodd, Chuck Shumer, et al., Democrats kicked their ass, and continued kicking ass for the next FOUR YEARS until 2007 when Republicans finally stayed down on the mat.

:doubt:

If I was a Republican, I'd be seriously wondering if there was any point to belonging to a political party that could be so ineffectual.

The republicans had very slim majorities and as liberals have pointed out over and over it is hard to get anything done with such a slim majority. Hell the Democrats can't get shit through with Huge majorities in both houses.

Gee, I wonder how ANYTHING got done!

Are you saying Republicans were unable to accomplish ANYTHING between 2001 and 2007? Six years....and fucking NOTHING????

:lol::lol::lol:

Even conservative economists like Douglas Holtz-Eakin know that collapse would be guaranteed if Fannie & Freddie were allowed to die right now.

Who the fuck is Douglas Holtz-Eakin?

Your reading coach?

If you can take a vacation then go for it. If you take an expensive vacation by most people's standards after telling them to tighten their belts then you should expect criticism.

If you are making over $400,000 year it is hard for you to say that you are underpaid whether others make more than you do or not. That is especially true if you spend 20 million dollars trying to get that $400,000 a year job.

Gee, I wonder if McCain or Romney ever would have taken a vacation? They spent that much out of their own pockets. Nah, only presidents who are Democrats take vacation. :cuckoo:

Do you think you response seriously addressed this? SERIOUSLY!!! I really do not care about McCain nor Romney because neither are my representative, they did not tell me to tighten my belt, I did not vote nor support either of them and finally neither of them are the President who is in charge of the executive branch of my country.

I am really getting tired of the same old excuse ( well the other guy does it so it is alright that he does it). I thought that things were suppose to change. I am willing to bet if George Bush was in office and he had said tighten your belt you would be the one bring up how stupid he is for taking an expensive vacation.

I personally would be saying the same thing I am currently saying to you. I have a feeling you would agree with me instead of saying look at what Clinton did. Try to take party line out of this and if Bush was doing this would you be stating the exact same thing you are now.

Forum List

Back