Obama family enjoys 10 day vacation

as a liberal democrat...i am so far beyond caring what bush did over 2 years ago...i am ver concerned with the actions of the sitting president however...

nero fiddled while rome burned....

obama vacations as the middle class falls....he is not sitting an exampe....and his wife fries my pie...
as a first lady she hasnt done anything worth two flips of a sheep's tail.....that is a powerful place to be where you can make a difference.....make sure you are a good example...\

we have a term for it ...in the south....its called...'****** rich'

do i need to explain that term?

It created this tension between the races and when we would see white people come into money and blow it on nonsense, we would say look he is “****** Rich” and compare him to the brother man all wrapped in gold, standing in line at the welfare office. Our president reminds me of this term, when I see the first black man become president and he has no regard for how he is spending our money. It is like he got a hold of the biggest credit card in the world and has gone “****** Rich” and is bankrupting us all.

Is Obama ****** Rich? | America Speaks Ink

For Obamas, a (mostly) uninterrupted vacation - Yahoo! News

And we're so very glad that he didn't have to do "president stuff" this time. I know it really cuts into his flashy lifestyle to be president.

Hopefully, the girls will be starting school soon and they'll stop jetsetting all over the world.

Hate to say it BO...but vacation's over...back to work.

I hope the Obamas enjoy their well deserved time off. Congress is out and the kids will soon be back in school.

Good to spend time with your family

Yahoo News is like reading the National Inquire anymore.

But they sure got those KNEE PADS wore out when they do any REPORTING ON the Obama

:lol:

Last edited:
Obama family enjoys 10 day vacation

Good for them. I would try to take vacations too if I was doing the hardest and most underpaid job in the world.

Then don't take the job...

Also the POTUS makes millions, they usually make that after they are done being president though.

For Obamas, a (mostly) uninterrupted vacation - Yahoo! News

And we're so very glad that he didn't have to do "president stuff" this time. I know it really cuts into his flashy lifestyle to be president.

Hopefully, the girls will be starting school soon and they'll stop jetsetting all over the world.

Hate to say it BO...but vacation's over...back to work.

Question the idiot who posted this otherwise useless piece-o-crap.

Georgie Porgie spent over Two (02) Years of his Eight (08) years in office on vacation.

Do you remeber, that it was on of georgie porgies many days (well over 470 Days spent at his ranch "On Vacaton") that dumb george did in fact receive the Presidential Daily Brief (PDB) that was titled "Bin Laden Determined To Attack America" and after receiving that brief did exactly nothing, except cut switch grass?

You desperately need to find a better subject.

Last edited:
as a liberal democrat...i am so far beyond caring what bush did over 2 years ago...i am ver concerned with the actions of the sitting president however...

nero fiddled while rome burned....

obama vacations as the middle class falls....he is not sitting an exampe....and his wife fries my pie...
as a first lady she hasnt done anything worth two flips of a sheep's tail.....that is a powerful place to be where you can make a difference.....make sure you are a good example...\

Smiling here because:
1) In my opinion, your being a liberal Democrat might put you at odds with me on some social issues, but it doesn't mean you leave your sense of propriety, common sense, ethics, and fiscal responsibility in a shoebox somewhere in the bottom of your closet. And obviously you don't.

2) You're tougher on the First Lady than I am. :) I think she has had some decent ideas and has gone through the motion of setting a good exampleon some things. But She has proved to be as naive (insensitive?) as her husband in how the way she goes about some things, some examples she sets. And some things she says just sets wrong with a lot of people.

The Obama critics would still be muttering and gritching about the time off, just as the George Bush critics did and do, but there would be far less criticsm if they just went home to Chicago or their own vacation home or whatever. With so many Americans hurting, it just looks like a "Let them eat cake" thing to flaunt luxury vacations and excursions.

If you can take a vacation then go for it. If you take an expensive vacation by most people's standards after telling them to tighten their belts then you should expect criticism.

If you are making over $400,000 year it is hard for you to say that you are underpaid whether others make more than you do or not. That is especially true if you spend 20 million dollars trying to get that $400,000 a year job.

I think he spent close to a billion getting himself this here "inheritence"

If you can take a vacation then go for it. If you take an expensive vacation by most people's standards after telling them to tighten their belts then you should expect criticism.

If you are making over $400,000 year it is hard for you to say that you are underpaid whether others make more than you do or not. That is especially true if you spend 20 million dollars trying to get that $400,000 a year job.

I think he spent close to a billion getting himself this here "inheritence"

He had a lot of 'friends' willing to spend a LOT to get it for him. I doubt he spent much, if any, of his own resources. Of course he'll spend his entire time in office paying off those 'friends'. I'm going to guess that if we took the time to follow all the stimulus money, a whole big bunch of it has been devoted to that very thing.

How sad that the left have been reduced to "BOOSH did it to"

I wouldn't call going home a vacation by the way, not when his house was essentially an off site white house. Same as Camp David. Also, how many Beatles did BOOSH have whoo his monkey wife?

How sad that the left have been reduced to "BOOSH did it to"

I wouldn't call going home a vacation by the way, not when his house was essentially an off site white house. Same as Camp David. Also, how many Beatles did BOOSH have whoo his monkey wife?

It's Foxfyre's "Law of W" http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/120997-foxfyres-law.html or an example of a nanosecond: the length of time necessary for any negative comment or criticism of President Obama to turn the focus on Bush.

What were you saying while Bush was breaking records for vactation time?

What on earth is VACTATION?

Is it recreational lactation? Is it taking time off to get vaccinations?

What were you saying while Bush was breaking records for vactation time?

You mean while he was hangin out at his little do nothing piddly ranch? Or are you referring to his time at Camp David...the presidential retreat. Either place, he's not spending THOUSANDS a night for multi-million dollar resort homes in the Vineyard or Hawaii. Nor did he spend his birthday with friends while his wife and daughter kicked it in Spain for a week.

Mr. Bush didn't have a 9.7 unemployment rate either.

Nine...that's the number of family vacations the Obama's have taken in 18 months. Some of them short 3 day visits to Chicago and then there's the 2 week Christmas in Hawaii at $4,000 a night for the 8.9 million dollar beach house they enjoyed, while the rest of the country worried about how they were going to put presents under the tree. By the way, there were 2 other homes next door that were also rented for other family and friends to enjoy.

I don't care about the number of days really...it's the way they spend them. And SPEND is a very important word here.

Bush hung out in HIS ranch house or enjoyed the provisions of the POTUS at Camp David. If you add up all the money Obama has cost the US in travel and compare it to the costs incurred by GWB, the numbers don't lie. Obama has racked up MILLIONS more while the country suffers a financial downturn of historical proportion.

How do you think he got to and from the ranch? Bus? Even the trip to Camp David is via Marine Helicopter.

By August 2005, George W. Bush had spent more than a year of his presidency at his Texas ranch, breaking Ronald Reagan's record of 335 days of vacation.

But why is this even an issue that pops up? No president simply "goes on vacation" and leaves it all sitting on the desk in the Oval Office. God you people are dumb.

I'm trying to think. In the eight years he was President, did President & Mrs. Bush vacation anywhere other than Camp David or Crawford or maybe their family place at Kennebunkport? And many of those I know were working vacations. But I can't think of any 'fun' trips they took when he was POTUS.

Without digging, which I don't intend to do, they did quite a lot of partying at the Olympics in Bejing. Laura and Barbara went on some African safari, and I'm sure they didn't stow away on some freighter to get over there.

I'm trying to think. In the eight years he was President, did President & Mrs. Bush vacation anywhere other than Camp David or Crawford or maybe their family place at Kennebunkport? And many of those I know were working vacations. But I can't think of any 'fun' trips they took when he was POTUS.

Nope...you're dead on the money. They were either in TX or at Camp David on personal trips. And to be fair to the lefties...he was gone ALOT. But I understand...there's no place like TX and when you've lived there, you want to go back OFTEN. Even if it IS just to a 60 year old remodeled ranch house on 1600 acres in Crawford.

And guess what!! The Ranch is all "green"!! An OMG moment for you?

Bush Loves Ecology -- At Home

Laura is a tree hugger; now they've moved to a McMansion in Dallas. Poor Laura.

Forum List

Back