OBAMA Does anyone really believe a word he says anymore?

Xses69

Rookie
Apr 6, 2014
I mean seriously the guy has lied to the American people so many times I have lost count.
He has more scandals under his belt than all the presidents combined and has put us in more debt than all of the previous presidents.

You really have to be brain dead at this point to think anything he does is going to benefit the American People.

How many of those who don't believe a word he said didn't vote for him, believed that he was born in Kenya and has a fake birth certificate, say he's a Communist, and hated him from day one?

There are far too many people on this board who simply come on here to spout nonsense and not to debate, they love nothing more than telling the world that Obama is this that and the other, when the reality is, the president isn't the problem and has never been, and I mean that for Bush, Clinton, Bush, Reagan etc.

The people who control politics, the corruption etc, these are the real problems, but those people who control politics are the ones who want you to say such nonsense to keep the heat away from them. Well done.

I not one of those people. I am begging for a debate. I do agree with you though Obama is just a puppet.

I mean seriously the guy has lied to the American people so many times I have lost count.
He has more scandals under his belt than all the presidents combined and has put us in more debt than all of the previous presidents.

You really have to be brain dead at this point to think anything he does is going to benefit the American People.
The last full speech I listened of Obama was back in 2008 when he said that he is "willing to meet with leaders of Iran, Syria, Cuba, Venezuela to bridge the gap" - I KNEW then he was lying about it and I did not listen to him ever since. only sound bites if someone else quotes him on youtube...

Last edited by a moderator:

let us know when he lies us into a war.

mmkay?

Some actually believed what he was saying when he said he wouldn't raise taxes, that if we liked our plans and doctors that we could keep them or that no illegals would be included in Obamacare. He was just hoping he could fool us all long enough to fulfill some of his agenda.

There is no reason to trust him at this point because he lied to each and every one of us. I know all politicians struggle with the truth at times and it's usually to save their butts when they mess up. In this case, it's what Obama and the Dems wanted to do to us and they lied to us in order to impose some oppressive laws on us. I can't forgive that.

I wonder if that lady who thought that Obama was going to pay for her mortgage or gas for her car, whatever, still believes him.

Last edited:
How many of those who don't believe a word he said didn't vote for him, believed that he was born in Kenya and has a fake birth certificate, say he's a Communist, and hated him from day one?

There are far too many people on this board who simply come on here to spout nonsense and not to debate, they love nothing more than telling the world that Obama is this that and the other, when the reality is, the president isn't the problem and has never been, and I mean that for Bush, Clinton, Bush, Reagan etc.

The people who control politics, the corruption etc, these are the real problems, but those people who control politics are the ones who want you to say such nonsense to keep the heat away from them. Well done.

Didn't vote for him am not and never have been a birther have not called him a communist and don't hate the man.It's his policies I don't like and didn't from day one while many others were being mesmerized by his big speeches I listened to what he was saying and it didn't take long to see he was going to be a big government big spending President others will disagree but in my opinion that is exactly what he has shown himself to be.

The last full speech I listened of Obama was back in 2008 when he said that he is "willing to meet with leaders of Iran, Syria, Cuba, Venezuela to bridge the gap" - I KNEW then he was lying about it and I did not listen to him ever since. only sound bites if someone else quotes him on youtube...

So, when Bush said Iraq had WMDs you clearly stopped listening to him too, because clearly he was lying.

Or is this just that you're willing to believe anything the right say, and dismiss anything the left say? Seeing as you haven't listened to anything since 2008, how can you say everything he says is a lie? You wouldn't know if that were the case.

mmkay?

Let us know when 5-6 million people get the plans they liked back.

Didn't vote for him am not and never have been a birther have not called him a communist and don't hate the man.It's his policies I don't like and didn't from day one while many others were being mesmerized by his big speeches I listened to what he was saying and it didn't take long to see he was going to be a big government big spending President others will disagree but in my opinion that is exactly what he has shown himself to be.

Okay, so, tell me which policies you didn't like. Also, could you tell me anything you did like?

But you say he's big govt big spending, does this mean you wouldn't support a govt that would go to war and end up spending billions on it? Does this mean you wouldn't support a govt that supports the continued corruption and free spending on healthcare? Does this mean you wouldn't support a govt that tries to ban gay marriage seeing as this is big govt telling people what to do in their lives? Does this mean you wouldn't support a govt that bans marijuana?

mmkay?

Libya. mmkay?

“The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation” — candidate Barack Obama, December, 2007

“No more ignoring the law when it’s inconvenient. That is not who we are. . . . We will again set an example for the world that the law is not subject to the whims of stubborn rulers” — candidate Barack Obama, August 1, 2007

The illegal war in Libya - Salon.com

When President Obama ordered the U.S. military to wage war in Libya without Congressional approval (even though, to use his words, it did “not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation”), the administration and its defenders claimed he had legal authority to do so for two reasons: (1) the War Powers Resolution of 1973 (WPR) authorizes the President to wage war for 60 days without Congress, and (2) the “time-limited, well defined and discrete” nature of the mission meant that it was not really a “war” under the Constitution (Deputy NSA Adviser Ben Rhodes and the Obama OLC). Those claims were specious from the start, but are unquestionably inapplicable now.

From the start, the WPR provided no such authority. Section 1541(c) explicitly states that the war-making rights conferred by the statute apply only to “a national emergency created by attack upon the United States, its territories or possessions, or its armed forces.” That’s why Yale Law Professor Bruce Ackerman — in an article in Foreign Policy entitled “Obama’s Unconstitutional War” – wrote when the war started that the “The War Powers Resolution doesn’t authorize a single day of Libyan bombing” and that “in taking the country into a war with Libya, Barack Obama’s administration is breaking new ground in its construction of an imperial presidency.”

Ackerman detailed why Obama’s sweeping claims of war powers exceeded that even of past controversial precedents, such as Clinton’s 1999 bombing of Kosovo, which at least had the excuse that Congress authorized funding for it: “but Obama can’t even take advantage of this same desperate expedient, since Congress has appropriated no funds for the Libyan war.” The Nation‘s John Nichols explained that Obama’s unilateral decision “was a violation of the provision in the founding document that requires the executive to attain authorization from Congress before launching military adventures abroad.” Put simply, as Daniel Larison concluded in an excellent analysis last week, ”the war was illegal from the start.”

MORE: The illegal war in Libya - Salon.com

Last edited:
OBAMA Does anyone really believe a word he says anymore?

not a word ...nothing that comes out of his mouth...

or the mouth of any of his cronies.

this is a sad state we are at in.

Okay, so, tell me which policies you didn't like. Also, could you tell me anything you did like?

But you say he's big govt big spending, does this mean you wouldn't support a govt that would go to war and end up spending billions on it? Does this mean you wouldn't support a govt that supports the continued corruption and free spending on healthcare? Does this mean you wouldn't support a govt that tries to ban gay marriage seeing as this is big govt telling people what to do in their lives? Does this mean you wouldn't support a govt that bans marijuana?
Obamacare being the biggest was not a fan of the bailouts by him or to be fair by Bush I'm opposed in general to the whole answer to every problem is spend more money does not matter if it's a Democrat or Republican. What he has done I like is continue most of the anti terror policies started under Bush and increased the drone program and has used it more effectively than Bush did these were things I really didn't think he would do and was surprised but pleased that he did.

mmkay?

HillbillyJilly to the rescue!

War in Libya
War in Egypt
War on women
War on Guns
War on Wall Street (OWS)corporations
War on the elderly.
War on Children.
War on Religion.
War on Oil Companies.
War on Health care.
War on Fox news.
War on Your Constitutional Rights
War on states rights.

To name a few!

mmkay?

Only ignorant people keep pushing that lie, I think you are just a dishonest person who doesn't give a shit about honesty or this country. For you it's about pushing the lefts agenda and winning regardless of the cost.

So, when Bush said Iraq had WMDs you clearly stopped listening to him too, because clearly he was lying.

Or is this just that you're willing to believe anything the right say, and dismiss anything the left say? Seeing as you haven't listened to anything since 2008, how can you say everything he says is a lie? You wouldn't know if that were the case.

Low information posters, and liberal hacks have no idea what went on...or are perhaps in denial?

The last major remnant of Saddam Hussein's nuclear program — a huge stockpile of concentrated natural uranium — reached a Canadian port Saturday to complete a secret U.S. operation that included a two-week airlift from Baghdad and a ship voyage crossing two oceans.

The removal of 550 metric tons of "yellowcake" — the seed material for higher-grade nuclear enrichment — was a significant step toward closing the books on Saddam's nuclear legacy. It also brought relief to U.S. and Iraqi authorities who had worried the cache would reach insurgents or smugglers crossing to Iran to aid its nuclear ambitions.

What's now left is the final and complicated push to clean up the remaining radioactive debris at the former Tuwaitha nuclear complex about 12 miles south of Baghdad — using teams that include Iraqi experts recently trained in the Chernobyl fallout zone in Ukraine.

"Everyone is very happy to have this safely out of Iraq," said a senior U.S. official who outlined the nearly three-month operation to The Associated Press. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the subject.

While yellowcake alone is not considered potent enough for a so-called "dirty bomb" — a conventional explosive that disperses radioactive material — it could stir widespread panic if incorporated in a blast. Yellowcake also can be enriched for use in reactors and, at higher levels, nuclear weapons using sophisticated equipment.

The Iraqi government sold the yellowcake to a Canadian uranium producer, Cameco Corp., in a transaction the official described as worth "tens of millions of dollars." A Cameco spokesman, Lyle Krahn, declined to discuss the price, but said the yellowcake will be processed at facilities in Ontario for use in energy-producing reactors.

"We are pleased ... that we have taken (the yellowcake) from a volatile region into a stable area to produce clean electricity," he said.

Secret mission
The deal culminated more than a year of intense diplomatic and military initiatives — kept hushed in fear of ambushes or attacks once the convoys were under way: first carrying 3,500 barrels by road to Baghdad, then on 37 military flights to the Indian Ocean atoll of Diego Garcia and finally aboard a U.S.-flagged ship for a 8,500-mile trip to Montreal.

And, in a symbolic way, the mission linked the current attempts to stabilize Iraq with some of the high-profile claims about Saddam's weapons capabilities in the buildup to the 2003 invasion.

Accusations that Saddam had tried to purchase more yellowcake from the African nation of Niger — and an article by a former U.S. ambassador refuting the claims — led to a wide-ranging probe into Washington leaks that reached high into the Bush administration.

Tuwaitha and an adjacent research facility were well known for decades as the centerpiece of Saddam's nuclear efforts.

Israeli warplanes bombed a reactor project at the site in 1981. Later, U.N. inspectors documented and safeguarded the yellowcake, which had been stored in aging drums and containers since before the 1991 Gulf War. There was no evidence of any yellowcake dating from after 1991, the official said.

U.S. and Iraqi forces have guarded the 23,000-acre site — surrounded by huge sand berms — following a wave of looting after Saddam's fall that included villagers toting away yellowcake storage barrels for use as drinking water cisterns.

Yellowcake is obtained by using various solutions to leach out uranium from raw ore and can have a corn meal-like color and consistency. It poses no severe risk if stored and sealed properly. But exposure carries well-documented health concerns associated with heavy metals such as damage to internal organs, experts say.

"The big problem comes with any inhalation of any of the yellowcake dust," said Doug Brugge, a professor of public health issues at the Tufts University School of Medicine......

[SNIP]Earlier this year, the military withdrew four devices for controlled radiation exposure from the former nuclear complex. The lead-enclosed irradiation units, used to decontaminate food and other items, contain elements of high radioactivity that could potentially be used in a weapon, according to the official. Their Ottawa-based manufacturer, MDS Nordion, took them back for free, the official said.[/SNIP]

More....U.S. removes 'yellowcake' from Iraq - World news - Mideast/N. Africa - Conflict in Iraq | NBC News

mmkay?

Libya. mmkay?

“The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation” — candidate Barack Obama, December, 2007

“No more ignoring the law when it’s inconvenient. That is not who we are. . . . We will again set an example for the world that the law is not subject to the whims of stubborn rulers” — candidate Barack Obama, August 1, 2007

The illegal war in Libya - Salon.com

When President Obama ordered the U.S. military to wage war in Libya without Congressional approval (even though, to use his words, it did “not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation”), the administration and its defenders claimed he had legal authority to do so for two reasons: (1) the War Powers Resolution of 1973 (WPR) authorizes the President to wage war for 60 days without Congress, and (2) the “time-limited, well defined and discrete” nature of the mission meant that it was not really a “war” under the Constitution (Deputy NSA Adviser Ben Rhodes and the Obama OLC). Those claims were specious from the start, but are unquestionably inapplicable now.

From the start, the WPR provided no such authority. Section 1541(c) explicitly states that the war-making rights conferred by the statute apply only to “a national emergency created by attack upon the United States, its territories or possessions, or its armed forces.” That’s why Yale Law Professor Bruce Ackerman — in an article in Foreign Policy entitled “Obama’s Unconstitutional War” – wrote when the war started that the “The War Powers Resolution doesn’t authorize a single day of Libyan bombing” and that “in taking the country into a war with Libya, Barack Obama’s administration is breaking new ground in its construction of an imperial presidency.”

Ackerman detailed why Obama’s sweeping claims of war powers exceeded that even of past controversial precedents, such as Clinton’s 1999 bombing of Kosovo, which at least had the excuse that Congress authorized funding for it: “but Obama can’t even take advantage of this same desperate expedient, since Congress has appropriated no funds for the Libyan war.” The Nation‘s John Nichols explained that Obama’s unilateral decision “was a violation of the provision in the founding document that requires the executive to attain authorization from Congress before launching military adventures abroad.” Put simply, as Daniel Larison concluded in an excellent analysis last week, ”the war was illegal from the start.”

MORE: The illegal war in Libya - Salon.com

Great post. Also, Bush had congressional approval. They all had the same intel. It wasn't just Bush saying this or that. There was a lot to go on and the majority were in agreement. The left would have us believe that all the liberals in Washington went along with Bush without question. That was never the case and it's amazing they even claim that. Only when they used it for political spin later did they change the facts and pretend that Bush was the sole person launching the war. Of course, the big lie was supposed to be the lack of WMDs, which weren't found, likely because of the ample warning of UN inspectors' arrival, which gave them plenty of time to move things. A recording that aired on CNN had them talking about the inspectors coming the next day and they needed to get the trucks loaded and gone. Hmmm, and no liberals found that the least bit suspicious? And then WMDs show up years later exactly where they were suspected of being hidden. Go figure.

But some who rely on propaganda for their facts are still claiming it was Bush's illegitimate war. Those innocent Dems in Washington were always so trusting of the right that they went along like little sheep. It's sad what they believe and what they want us to believe.

Now, Obama really is a one-man show and they are fine with. Unreal considering the man doing it has lied more times than I can count, goes around congress whenever he can and explains nothing.

Yet, the talking points keep on coming. :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back