obama caves again

Nah, I just don't like seeing women treated as second class citizens. If you are covering all other types of preventative care then so should birth control be covered.

How are they being treated as second class citizens? By having to buy their own contraceptives?

Birth control is not preventive CARE, it's preventive PREGNANCY.

But I understand your reasoning, you like most liberals view pregnancy as a disease.
The medical community classifies birth control as preventative health care. I have no idea why you are stupid enough to not understand why this is, but there you have it.

If you are going to cover all the other procedures and medications deemed preventative by the medical community but not this one then you are indeed treating women as second class citizens.

No... Planned Parenthood does, as does Obamacare. I am unaware of anything stating that the medical community as a whole classifies it as such.

Obama's mistake here, is in thinking the religious folks of this country will just accept he won't try it again.

Oh so obama isn't a moron...wait I already knew that and knew he would do this, he does want a 2nd term after all ;)

Just imagine the negative ads "Obama throws seperation of church and state out the window" "Obama circumvnets first ammendment" Oh the conservative presidential camps were salivating for him to keep pushing on this.

On the plus side, the vast majority of woman will have access to inexpensive birth control where that wasn't the case last year.

The poor Catholics will have to pay for their own.

Wow the concept of having to actually pay for something is apalling to you leftwingers.

Nah, I just don't like seeing women treated as second class citizens. If you are covering all other types of preventative care then so should birth control be covered.

How does violating the first ammendment and the concept of seperation of church and state treat women as 2nd class citizens? Please clarify.

Does your religion forbid cancer screening? This is not about preventative care, not about diagnosis, not even about birth control. It's about that pesky phrase in the first amendment: "or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;"

:clap2:

Yep. It is the key. And even the little messiah in the Oval can't do a run around on that.

It's being purposefully obtuse to not see the flip side of the coin.

The 1st Amendment does not make Religious doctrine trump U.S. Law.

US business law became that employers offer this coverage. (this law can be argued, it's nothing to do with the 1st or the church).

The church was even offered exemption, even though that running a business is - for all legal purposes - supposed to be seperate from running a Church or said Religion.

To not be able to see both sides of it, or to assume people who do are dumb or whatever, is just being argumentative for the sake of being so.

Actually, no matter what "business law says, the phrase you would like to conveniently leave out of any 1st amendment discussion, (or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;") does take precedence.

Yep. It is the key. And even the little messiah in the Oval can't do a run around on that.

US business law became that employers offer this coverage. (this law can be argued, it's nothing to do with the 1st or the church).

The church was even offered exemption, even though that running a business is - for all legal purposes - supposed to be seperate from running a Church or said Religion.

To not be able to see both sides of it, or to assume people who do are dumb or whatever, is just being argumentative for the sake of being so.

Actually, no matter what "business law says, the phrase you would like to conveniently leave out of any 1st amendment discussion, (or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;") does take precedence.

No it doesn't.

Can Muslims in the U.S. stone their women?

Alright then.

I'm starting to wonder why my coverage doesn't pay for condoms.... Where's the equality in that?

The left believes that pregnancy is a preventable disease and abortion is the cure if a woman should be infected.

Ohhhhh you know this isn't going to go well at all.

No it doesn't.

Alright then.

That would be Canada.

He's the only one of us who 'predicted' this, who felt the need to announce that fact. Ass behavior. Lot's of us 'predicted' a cave in by the O. He was hardly unique in it.
That doesn't make him an ass..

Does to me. Did the rest of us feel the need to announce that we 'predicted' it? No. We are confident in the knowledge that we did... jumping up and announcing it is just a tad childish.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I can't remember when or the exact circumstances but yes, I have jumped up and made predictions. that's just the kid in me.

So the prez says he will not make the church pay for this but the insurance companies. So dont you think the insurance rates will raise your insurance rates to pay for this increase in their coverage ..

They sure will but as he emphasized it FREE ...
Gee......free contraceptives vs. a single-Mother (forced to carry-to-term)....on welfare.

Only Teabaggers could screw-up THAT math.

eusa_doh.gif

Does your religion forbid cancer screening? This is not about preventative care, not about diagnosis, not even about birth control. It's about that pesky phrase in the first amendment: "or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;"

No one claims that the First Amendment trumps US law. The argument was - and always will be about whether the Government can bring in a law that forces a Church to violate its Doctrine. If that doctrine is not criminal, there is no justifiable reason for the Government to have that power.

I kind of hope that Cardinal Designate Dolan stands firm and insists that they require insurance companies to be able to provide policies that do not cover birth control, but I doubt that he will. I don't want him to do that just to piss off Obama, but because I believe insurance companies should be able to offer flexible policies to suit a variety of organizations and religions. That's liberty, right?

Where is the liberty in government forcing people to purchase insurance that contains provisions that go against their faith or needs?

That doesn't make him an ass..

Does to me. Did the rest of us feel the need to announce that we 'predicted' it? No. We are confident in the knowledge that we did... jumping up and announcing it is just a tad childish.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I can't remember when or the exact circumstances but yes, I have jumped up and made predictions. that's just the kid in me.

It's not the predictions.... it's the claim of being the one that 'called it' that makes him look silly.

Annie predicted it, IndependentLogic predicted it, a few others predicted it. I predicted it. Do any of us feel the need to announce that? No.

No it doesn't.

Alright then.

Hey! I found you a new avatar!
y7823_450.jpeg

I predicted this one. This is by design. He creates the problem and then swoops in pretending to be the 'voice of reason' to solve it. Just another Saul Alinsky 'Community Organizer' trick. It's all in his 'Rules for Radicals' if anyone's interested. This President has declared War on his fellow Citizens many times. This War was completely wrong and totally unnecessary. But it is by design. This guy aint no 'Uniter.' He's the exact opposite. It's a real shame.
Why don't you explain what is wrong with organizing a community?

No it doesn't.

Alright then.

Is forcing churches to violate their tennants on birth control the same as forcing muslims to not stone their women in your mind?

Forum List

Back