obama caves again

what next? will Obama and Chewbaca demand we limit the amount of toilet paper sheets we can use every time we crap into a toilet? 4 sheets per wipe?

Actually, no matter what "business law says, the phrase you would like to conveniently leave out of any 1st amendment discussion, (or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;") does take precedence.

No it doesn't.

Can Muslims in the U.S. stone their women?

Alright then.

Is forcing churches to violate their tennants on birth control the same as forcing muslims to not stone their women in your mind?

no, a US Law trumping what the 1st Amendment says is a US Law trumping what the first amendment says, in my mind. Meaning - Religious Law obviously doesn't take (as Ernie suggested) precedent or else we'd have all kinds of crazy fucked up Religions popping up to skirt existing US Law.

No it doesn't.

Alright then.

Is forcing churches to violate their tennants on birth control the same as forcing muslims to not stone their women in your mind?

no, a US Law trumping what the 1st Amendment says is a US Law trumping what the first amendment says, in my mind. Meaning - Religious Law obviously doesn't take (as Ernie suggested) precedent or else we'd have all kinds of crazy fucked up Religions popping up to skirt existing US Law.

dew ewe mean to sit here and tell us obamie just skirted existing US law for political purposes? my oh my.

Careful, when you give a shit around here, some liberal thinks they're entitled to it.

No it doesn't.

Alright then.

It doesn't 'take precedence'. It restricts congress from passing certain laws - that restrict religious freedom.

People get far too hung up on the wrong topic of this. It was never about birth control, it was always about the Church's freedom to practice it's religion. You may see the charities as separate to the religious beliefs but Catholics do not. Charity is a part of our religion. Like tithing is to other faiths.... we are required by our church to be charitable - and that requirement comes directly from our interpretation of Christ's teachings. You may not understand that, but that does not make it any less valid.

No it doesn't.

Alright then.

While religious law doesn't take precedent making a new law that violates the seperation of church and state along with forcing a church to violate its tennants is unconstitutional.

What is next, the govt under obamacare telling all jewish americans that their sons must be circumcized at birth because it is healthier? Or that muslim men must let women doctors perform prostate exams on them?

I would think that you would be totally happy that obama folded and respected the seperation of church and state.

dew ewe mean to sit here and tell us obamie just skirted existing US law for political purposes? my oh my.

No, he re-negged on revoking an exemption.

:eek:

Arrest the bastard! :lol:

It doesn't 'take precedence'. It restricts congress from passing certain laws - that restrict religious freedom.

People get far too hung up on the wrong topic of this. It was never about birth control, it was always about the Church's freedom to practice it's religion. You may see the charities as separate to the religious beliefs but Catholics do not. Charity is a part of our religion. Like tithing is to other faiths.... we are required by our church to be charitable - and that requirement comes directly from our interpretation of Christ's teachings. You may not understand that, but that does not make it any less valid.

Once the charities are established as businesses - business laws take precedent. And even so - the exemptions were there as a sign of respect.

His 'compromise' is Bullshite too. He created this totally unnecessary problem and now he's gonna ride in on his White Horse to solve a problem he himself created? Not gonna happen. This whole thing is a classic Saul Alinsky 'Community Organizer' dirty trick. Christians in this country better wake up. They are under attack from the radical Left. Hopefully this attack from this President will wake them up though. The radical Left has an agenda and their attacks will not end. The Church will have to start standing up to them. If they want to survive anyway.

Is there anyone here stupid enough to think that any compromise done this election year is only to get him re-elected. We will hear more of this once he doesn't have to worry about re-election anymore. This is just for show. The tyrant believes that he should be able to do this and will do so after the elections.

So no one seems concerned that obamas so called compromise will force ins companies to cover these services FOR FREE.

How does he have this power? Where is the outrage?
IMO if all the rest of what is considered preventative care is free then birth control should be as well. Where is your outrage over free prostrate exams?

When did childbirth become a deadly disease idiot?

So no one seems concerned that obamas so called compromise will force ins companies to cover these services FOR FREE.

How does he have this power? Where is the outrage?
IMO if all the rest of what is considered preventative care is free then birth control should be as well. Where is your outrage over free prostrate exams?

When did childbirth become a deadly disease idiot?

well,, it's deadly when they abort the child that's for sure.

game, set, match!

Nah, I just don't like seeing women treated as second class citizens. If you are covering all other types of preventative care then so should birth control be covered.

How are they being treated as second class citizens? By having to buy their own contraceptives?

Birth control is not preventive CARE, it's preventive PREGNANCY.

But I understand your reasoning, you like most liberals view pregnancy as a disease.

Maybe you should look up what actual medical professionals classify birth control as, and not just take the caveman "cuz I said so" approach. Just a thought, not everyone likes being wrong.

I'm a medical professional and you haven't a clue what you are talking about.

Caving doesn't count as working with the other side, of course.

Well, it could have.... if that's what he had done. But, for the past year, the Church and members of congress, and Catholics around the country, have asked him to please compromise with us... and we were told 'no'. The messiah of the left, said we had a year to 'come to terms with it'... his words, not mine.... how does one 'come to terms' with violating our faith?

There was no 'working with the other side', GT. That's why the Church went public with this, that's why other faiths joined our fight, that's why those of no faith joined our fight... because that bastard would not compromise until he was forced to.

Don't give me any crap about 'compromise' from that man. He doesn't know the meaning of it.

He caved. We win. Unlucky.

No, you really didn't "win" Now you just get to pay more for your Insurance. Here in America. The church won. Americans lose again.

You cannot be blaming the church.

Once the charities are established as businesses - business laws take precedent. And even so - the exemptions were there as a sign of respect.

Apparently not. Obama says so. :lol:

The exemptions were there not out of 'respect' but out of the First Amendment. Got jack shit to do with 'respect'. It's Constitutional Law.

The next time this Administration shows 'respect', let me know -because it will be the first.

Forum List

Back