obama caves again

Nah, I just don't like seeing women treated as second class citizens. If you are covering all other types of preventative care then so should birth control be covered.

How are they being treated as second class citizens? By having to buy their own contraceptives?

Birth control is not preventive CARE, it's preventive PREGNANCY.

But I understand your reasoning, you like most liberals view pregnancy as a disease.

Well, if you are going to provide an example...........:eusa_eh:

It's an opinion based on years of observation and how quickly the left defends the taking of innocent life.

But I will share with you Obama's view of an unwanted pregancy. He thinks it's a punishment. Though I can see where Obama would want to make it seem like those challenged with unwanted pregnancy are victims as that’s pretty much the liberal way.

I've got two daughters. 9 years old and 6 years old. I am going to teach them first of all about values and morals. But if they make a mistake, I don't want them punished with a baby. I don't want them punished with an STD at the age of 16. You know, so it doesn't make sense to not give them information."
~~~Obama~~~

How did he make an ass of himself? He's been the foremost person screaming about the red flags as of late. If one can't toot their own horn once and awhile what's the point?

I agree, I didn't see it as Paulitician making an ass of himself either.

He's the only one of us who 'predicted' this, who felt the need to announce that fact. Ass behavior. Lot's of us 'predicted' a cave in by the O. He was hardly unique in it.
That doesn't make him an ass..

Nah, I just don't like seeing women treated as second class citizens. If you are covering all other types of preventative care then so should birth control be covered.

How are they being treated as second class citizens? By having to buy their own contraceptives?

But I understand your reasoning, you like most liberals view pregnancy as a disease.
The medical community classifies birth control as preventative health care. I have no idea why you are stupid enough to not understand why this is, but there you have it.

If you are going to cover all the other procedures and medications deemed preventative by the medical community but not this one then you are indeed treating women as second class citizens.

they don't cover the PSA test for men.

So no one seems concerned that obamas so called compromise will force ins companies to cover these services FOR FREE.

How does he have this power? Where is the outrage?
IMO if all the rest of what is considered preventative care is free then birth control should be as well. Where is your outrage over free prostrate exams?

I wasn't aware it was free.

Let me be clear.

NOTHING SHOULD BE FREE.

Well, if you are going to provide an example...........:eusa_eh:

It's an opinion based on years of observation and how quickly the left defends the taking of innocent life.

But I will share with you Obama's view of an unwanted pregancy. He thinks it's a punishment. Though I can see where Obama would want to make it seem like those challenged with unwanted pregnancy are victims as that’s pretty much the liberal way.

I've got two daughters. 9 years old and 6 years old. I am going to teach them first of all about values and morals. But if they make a mistake, I don't want them punished with a baby. I don't want them punished with an STD at the age of 16. You know, so it doesn't make sense to not give them information."
~~~Obama~~~

That's hyperbole, also. What he means is, he doesn't want to NOT educate them and then have them faced with something they're not even close to the vicinity of being ready for......................or, you know ---> being a responsible Dad. Who'da thought.

Maybe you should look up what actual medical professionals classify birth control as, and not just take the caveman "cuz I said so" approach. Just a thought, not everyone likes being wrong.

There's no need for that I know the meaning of preventive care.

So no one seems concerned that obamas so called compromise will force ins companies to cover these services FOR FREE.

IMO if all the rest of what is considered preventative care is free then birth control should be as well. Where is your outrage over free prostrate exams?

Let me be clear.

NOTHING SHOULD BE FREE.

Insurance is not free.

Maybe you should look up what actual medical professionals classify birth control as, and not just take the caveman "cuz I said so" approach. Just a thought, not everyone likes being wrong.

There's no need for that I know the meaning of preventive care.

That's blissful ignorance, pretending you know more than Doctors do. That's taking facts and ducking from them with yur fingers in your ears because it doesn't fit obtusehood.

I agree, I didn't see it as Paulitician making an ass of himself either.

He's the only one of us who 'predicted' this, who felt the need to announce that fact. Ass behavior. Lot's of us 'predicted' a cave in by the O. He was hardly unique in it.
That doesn't make him an ass..

Does to me. Did the rest of us feel the need to announce that we 'predicted' it? No. We are confident in the knowledge that we did... jumping up and announcing it is just a tad childish.

shocker, i know

Yeah.....he never saw this fight coming....

obamafishing.jpg

"Those suckers take-the-hook, every TIME!!!!!"

493.gif
493.gif
493.gif
493.gif
493.gif

Last edited:
It doesn't matter what individual Catholics choose to do. That has always been a matter for the individual and their conscience, their personal relationship with God. It is, however, against Church Doctrine. I know that's complicated to understand but that's how it is.

The Church - and the majority of Catholics - viewed this as not about birth control - it was about Government control.

For over a year, the Church has been seeking a compromise - it's view was that insurance companies be allowed to offer policies that do not cover birth control (a practical solution since birth control is widely and freely available via a plethora of other providers).... it was the Administration that refused to compromise... not the Church.

This was always going to be a fight Obama could not afford to win.... or lose really. If he won, he faced the very real possibility of losing the Catholic vote - If you look at the numbers of Catholics, and where they are heavily populated - that could very well cost him re-election. If he lost, he faces the ire of the left.

Anyone with a brain could do the math on that.

He really didn't face the ire of the left. The left wing loonies that object to him caving on this issue are not about to vote for a GOP candidate. Sure a few may stay home, but he faced loosing the majority of Catholics, few of whom would have stayed away from the polls.

Oh, I think he did face a significant pressure from his idiot left - Boxer, Sebelious, etc... all rabid control freaks who want to control every woman's lives - for our own good, naturally.

The question remains to be seen as to the attitudes of Catholics on this. That we probably won't know until November. This is assuming that the Church accepts the compromise.... oh... no.... sorry.... it's not a 'compromise'.... it's an accommodation. :lol:

Vocal rhetorical pressure, sure, but no real pressure in the voting booth.
Where would "his idiot left" go? Certainly not to the right.
Look at it this way. take 100 idiot lefties. This issue will only matter to 10% of them, assuming they've even heard of it. Of those, maybe one or 2 will stay home but none will vote GOP.
It was a smart move, depending on how it gets spun in the press. The Catholic vote that was more likely to move to the right over it is back in the fold the idiot lefties never left.

Let me be clear.

NOTHING SHOULD BE FREE.
It isn't really free....you do pay for insurance after all. But in the long run, preventative health care PREVENTS problems and saves the insurance companies money.

He really didn't face the ire of the left. The left wing loonies that object to him caving on this issue are not about to vote for a GOP candidate. Sure a few may stay home, but he faced loosing the majority of Catholics, few of whom would have stayed away from the polls.

Oh, I think he did face a significant pressure from his idiot left - Boxer, Sebelious, etc... all rabid control freaks who want to control every woman's lives - for our own good, naturally.

The question remains to be seen as to the attitudes of Catholics on this. That we probably won't know until November. This is assuming that the Church accepts the compromise.... oh... no.... sorry.... it's not a 'compromise'.... it's an accommodation. :lol:

Look at it this way. take 100 idiot lefties. This issue will only matter to 10% of them, assuming they've even heard of it. Of those, maybe one or 2 will stay home but none will vote GOP.
It was a smart move, depending on how it gets spun in the press. The Catholic vote that was more likely to move to the right over it is back in the fold the idiot lefties never left.

Well, you must be the smartest guy. So cocky and uninviting.

Does your religion forbid cancer screening? This is not about preventative care, not about diagnosis, not even about birth control. It's about that pesky phrase in the first amendment: "or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;"

So the prez says he will not make the church pay for this but the insurance companies. So dont you think the insurance rates will raise your insurance rates to pay for this increase in their coverage ..

They sure will but as he emphasized it FREE ...

Does your religion forbid cancer screening? This is not about preventative care, not about diagnosis, not even about birth control. It's about that pesky phrase in the first amendment: "or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;"

:clap2:

Yep. It is the key. And even the little messiah in the Oval can't do a run around on that.

:clap2:

Yep. It is the key. And even the little messiah in the Oval can't do a run around on that.

It's being purposefully obtuse to not see the flip side of the coin.

The 1st Amendment does not make Religious doctrine trump U.S. Law.

US business law became that employers offer this coverage. (this law can be argued, it's nothing to do with the 1st or the church).

The church was even offered exemption, even though that running a business is - for all legal purposes - supposed to be seperate from running a Church or said Religion.

To not be able to see both sides of it, or to assume people who do are dumb or whatever, is just being argumentative for the sake of being so.

Well, you must be the smartest guy. So cocky and uninviting.

I quoted a phrase used in the post I replied to. As to our relative intelligence, I'll allow your posts to speak for themselves.

Forum List

Back