obama caves again

On the plus side, the vast majority of woman will have access to inexpensive birth control where that wasn't the case last year.

The poor Catholics will have to pay for their own.

Wow the concept of having to actually pay for something is apalling to you leftwingers.

Nah, I just don't like seeing women treated as second class citizens. If you are covering all other types of preventative care then so should birth control be covered.

So the prez says he will not make the church pay for this but the insurance companies. So dont you think the insurance rates will raise your insurance rates to pay for this increase in their coverage ..

Yup, Obama came on the telly and threw the Catholics and the Right a Bart Stupak. And just as Bart found out, much to his chagrin, this one will find its way to the circular file just as soon as the election is out of the way.

One of Mr Obama's admirers and supporters stood in the receiving line after one of Mr Obama's speeches to congratulate him on his magnificent speech. Mr Obama replied without thanking the supporter "I have a gift!".
The lies go down much easier that way.

On the plus side, the vast majority of woman will have access to inexpensive birth control where that wasn't the case last year.

Wow the concept of having to actually pay for something is apalling to you leftwingers.

Nah, I just don't like seeing women treated as second class citizens. If you are covering all other types of preventative care then so should birth control be covered.

How are they being treated as second class citizens? By having to buy their own contraceptives?

Birth control is not preventive CARE, it's preventive PREGNANCY.

But I understand your reasoning, you like most liberals view pregnancy as a disease.

How are they being treated as second class citizens? By having to buy their own contraceptives?

But I understand your reasoning, you like most liberals view pregnancy as a disease.

Well, if you are going to provide an example...........:eusa_eh:

I predicted this one. This is by design. He creates the problem and then swoops in pretending to be the 'voice of reason' to solve it. Just another Saul Alinsky 'Community Organizer' trick. It's all in his 'Rules for Radicals' if anyone's interested. This President has declared War on his fellow Citizens many times. This War was completely wrong and totally unnecessary. But it is by design. This guy aint no 'Uniter.' He's the exact opposite. It's a real shame.

Sweetie... you weren't exactly alone in 'predicting' it. No need to make an ass of yourself.

How did he make an ass of himself? He's been the foremost person screaming about the red flags as of late. If one can't toot their own horn once and awhile what's the point?

I agree, I didn't see it as Paulitician making an ass of himself either.

Maybe you should look up what actual medical professionals classify birth control as, and not just take the caveman "cuz I said so" approach. Just a thought, not everyone likes being wrong.

obama just outlawed self insurance too. Ohhhh you just know this isn't going to go anyplace good.

So no one seems concerned that obamas so called compromise will force ins companies to cover these services FOR FREE.

How does he have this power? Where is the outrage?
IMO if all the rest of what is considered preventative care is free then birth control should be as well. Where is your outrage over free prostrate exams?

My outrage is the same. Nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing, is free when it comes to products and services. People will pay for their "free" care with jacked up insurance rates.

He's not going to cave. He will come up with a way for the Church to give lip service to the law by allowing institutions to opt out, but the insurers that provide the coverage cannot. Meaning that entites that are self-insured will be precluded from being self insured. Or, the sole duty of self-insured entities will be obtain insurance from a company that provides such free coverage.

It sounds like shariah compliant lending practices and that might be where he got the idea.

Sharia compliant lending practices? Protected by the 1st amendment? lol

Caving doesn't count as working with the other side, of course.

Well, it could have.... if that's what he had done. But, for the past year, the Church and members of congress, and Catholics around the country, have asked him to please compromise with us... and we were told 'no'. The messiah of the left, said we had a year to 'come to terms with it'... his words, not mine.... how does one 'come to terms' with violating our faith?

There was no 'working with the other side', GT. That's why the Church went public with this, that's why other faiths joined our fight, that's why those of no faith joined our fight... because that bastard would not compromise until he was forced to.

Don't give me any crap about 'compromise' from that man. He doesn't know the meaning of it.

He caved. We win. Unlucky.

No, you really didn't "win" Now you just get to pay more for your Insurance. Here in America. The church won. Americans lose again.

They won't cover PSA tests.. poor men.

The president is in a can't lose situation on this.

He can employ exactly as much give or take to the situation as matches public opinion and cannot help but get a politically positive outcome.

Sweetie... you weren't exactly alone in 'predicting' it. No need to make an ass of yourself.

How did he make an ass of himself? He's been the foremost person screaming about the red flags as of late. If one can't toot their own horn once and awhile what's the point?

I agree, I didn't see it as Paulitician making an ass of himself either.

He's the only one of us who 'predicted' this, who felt the need to announce that fact. Ass behavior. Lot's of us 'predicted' a cave in by the O. He was hardly unique in it.

The medical community classifies birth control as preventative health care. I have no idea why you are stupid enough to not understand why this is, but there you have it.

If you are going to cover all the other procedures and medications deemed preventative by the medical community but not this one then you are indeed treating women as second class citizens.

Forum List

Back