Obama bows down to Saudi King

The Bush clip was funny - the hand holding was a amusing, but it was clear Bush was leading the Saudi King during that meeting. Also, I believe the King has difficulty walking.

At any rate, the focus is now on Obama, and this bowing thing....well, not sure what to make of it frankly. It looks horrible, and the political implications are many, but we will have to see if it has any real significance beyond the weekend pundit rounds that are sure to discuss it.

Obama appeared incredibly weak in that exchange - I almost thought he was going to fall to one knee!

A far cry from when Reagan met Gorbachev on those steps so many years ago, strategically arriving first so he could walk down to Gorbachev and as they both shook hands, and the cameras exploded, the image around the world was of the American President looking down upon the rather rumpled and uncomfortable Gorbachev.

Obama has been strikingly inept in his handling of these foreign leader meetings.

And not to be too harsh here (I hope) but all of this press babbling about the Michelle Obama as the second coming of Jackie O....really? I just don't see it. Michelle appears awkward, and her fashion sense a bit...well, cobbled together. Her walk reminds me of the Mr. Burns character from the Simpsons. (A more masculine Mr. Burns) Sorry if that offends, but the clearly fabricated accolades being bestowed upon her by the media is growing quite tiresome.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2iIaMofsEU]YouTube - Teresa Heinz and Michelle Obama in Pittsburgh[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQnaxTD19cA]YouTube - The Simpsons--Mr. Burns Young Stud Clip[/ame]

There are pictures of Bush kissing him on the lips and the right didnt seem to mind.

I think the diff is a kiss means "we're friends" and a bow means "you're the boss". It's not the same kind of relationship.

BushPopeRatz-1.jpg

The Bush clip was funny - the hand holding was a amusing, but it was clear Bush was leading the Saudi King during that meeting. Also, I believe the King has difficulty walking.

At any rate, the focus is now on Obama, and this bowing thing....well, not sure what to make of it frankly. It looks horrible, and the political implications are many, but we will have to see if it has any real significance beyond the weekend pundit rounds that are sure to discuss it.

Obama appeared incredibly weak in that exchange - I almost thought he was going to fall to one knee!

A far cry from when Reagan met Gorbachev on those steps so many years ago, strategically arriving first so he could walk down to Gorbachev and as they both shook hands, and the cameras exploded, the image around the world was of the American President looking down upon the rather rumpled and uncomfortable Gorbachev.

Obama has been strikingly inept in his handling of these foreign leader meetings.

And not to be too harsh here (I hope) but all of this press babbling about the Michelle Obama as the second coming of Jackie O....really? I just don't see it. Michelle appears awkward, and her fashion sense a bit...well, cobbled together. Her walk reminds me of the Mr. Burns character from the Simpsons. (A more masculine Mr. Burns) Sorry if that offends, but the clearly fabricated accolades being bestowed upon her by the media is growing quite tiresome.

YouTube - Teresa Heinz and Michelle Obama in Pittsburgh

YouTube - The Simpsons--Mr. Burns Young Stud Clip

As long as you brought it up, how much are all these dresses and outfits Mrs. Obama is wearing costing? And, who is it costing? In tough economic times, shouldn't she be toning it down a little? Who does she think she is, Nancy Reagan? :eusa_whistle:

I don't CARE what Bush did, folks. I expected him to be an idiot

Besides, two obsequious Presidents groveling to the oilocracy does not make a right.

I swear, I thought Obama had more sense than that.

I am extremely disappointed.

i'm going to let this thread fester a little bit before posting all the LIP service Bush gave to the same man. It's funny to watch the fake outrage.

I was thinking the same, not to mention the ridicule he took for it, (rightly). No one was giving caveats about culture and such. LOL!

Yeah.....that sucks. Of course, I'm of the opinion that we should have invaded Saudi Arabia right after those Saudi terrorist attacked us, at the order of their Saudi leader.

Oabama should have kicked him in the nuts.

Seems one of the places the right and left agree is that the Saudis are our enemy. Only our leaders, on both sides don't get it.

is he merely bowing or kissing his ring? i thought i read he kissed his ring...

i have no problem with our presidents following protocol in foreign countries, but if bowing or kissing this guy's ring means we are expressing our subordination, then i think that is above and beyond protocol

Seems one of the places the right and left agree is that the Saudis are our enemy. Only our leaders, on both sides don't get it.

It is the center and birth place of this radical Islam that has a hard on for us. The Wahabism comes out of there. They still run the radical schools that teach this crap and our buddies, the Royal Family, sends the money to fund the damned terrorist schools. It's a fucking joke. But, of course, the problem is, they have us by the nuts. We can't act as a sovereign nation when dealing with the Saudis. We HAVE to bow to them.

Now, anyone want to discuss the merits of Jimmy Carter's vison 30 YEARS ago ? He fucking told us this was going to happen. He was the last man to be honest about having to bow to these motherfuckers if we didn't start working on this problem, 30 years ago. Don't give a shit about what else people blamed him for. No one cared whos ass we would have to kiss TODAY, so long as we didn't have to wait in line for gas. So, you got your gas. Now you want cry because our Pres is bowing to the Saudis.

Oh my god, he did the same with Queen Elizabeth. You all will never drag Obama down to the level of idiocy displayed by Bush everywhere he went.

The Obamas are admired all over the world.

i'm going to let this thread fester a little bit before posting all the LIP service Bush gave to the same man. It's funny to watch the fake outrage.

I was just thinking the same thing when I saw this, obviously this is much better:

saudi-taste.jpg

Oh my god, he did the same with Queen Elizabeth. You all will never drag Obama down to the level of idiocy displayed by Bush everywhere he went.

The Obamas are admired all over the world.

I think i know a few places where they aren't ...... :eusa_whistle:

watch the first minute of the video in the link...is it just me or is obama the only one who bowed...and that did not look like a protocol/equal bow, that look subservient.

Well i'm willing to bet that Bush didn't bow to the Saudi King...

He held his hand... and gave him a little shuggy... but it was clear that when it was all said and done that GW was the pitcher in that Muslim queer-fest.

And while I would never condone such behavior, by bowing, Hussein implies submission... meaning he's assumed the position of catcher and while there's little respect which can be had for queer behavior, what little there might be, is limited to the Pitcher.

You seem to know an awful lot about queer protocol. :eusa_whistle:

He's been talking with Charlie

Forum List

Back