Obama Administration created more jobs in one year than Republicans created in eight

Ask Righty to cite one example of an Obama policy that is producing economic prosperity. Porkulus? GM bailout? Tax hikes? Obamacare? Financial Reform? The offshore drilling moratorium? "Making Work Pay"?

How "leftwinger" views the mona lisa:

mona.jpg

Rightwinger no matter how many times you say that this economy is doing better is not going to make it true. Facts do not lie. Fact unemployment is damn near 10 percent, the last quarter GDP was 1.6 percent, IAE current account balance -$109 Billion, trade balance -$49.9 Billion, personal income .02 percent.
U.S. Economy at a Glance

How Bad Will the Economy Get?

Unemployment barely moved for the worse over the first 7 of 8 years

I love how the conservatives pick their 7 year windows...

Bush kept us safe for the last 7 years of his presidency
Bush had low unemployment for the first 7 years of his presidency

Come on guys....what ever happened to looking at his whole presidency? Why do the 9-11 attacks get cut out? Why do you ignore the economic collapse at the end of his presidency?

I always start with Ronald Never-Met-A-Balanced-Budget Reagan. All GOP candidates after him ran on his record of mis-accomplishments. What we see today is a culmination of Ronald Reagan's Idiot Philosophy made real.

Why are the American people never to blame or get credit for what occurs in the economy. Why is it always associated with the President. Talk about a simplistic view of the economy.

The difference here is Democrats think we need government to create jobs for us, Republicans know the truth is the best thing Government can do is GET THE FUCK out of the way and let the private sector create them.

Why are the American people never to blame or get credit for what occurs in the economy. Why is it always associated with the President. Talk about a simplistic view of the economy.

I wish I could pos rep you for this simple comment. It is beautiful in it's simplicity. I must admit to a bias here. I've said the same before.

:eusa_whistle:

The difference here is Democrats think we need government to create jobs for us, Republicans know the truth is the best thing Government can do is GET THE FUCK out of the way and let the private sector create them.

things are not alwasy black and white and as simplistic as you say when the details are looked at.

Some people believe companies should never be bailed out, but...backed bailing out the companies in the last few years because when a whole industry is in danger because of one huge private sector company, the government has a duty to save the economy and the nation.

you would have your ideological principles bankrupt the nation. your ideological view is bankrupt and as realistic as it gets

i don't know why dems are so dishonest about the economy under bush...

a president does not control the entire economy, nor does his administration....the bush admin economy was going great until the housing bubble burst, that hit harder than the dot com because many middle class people were buying flip homes, second homes....peole were employed building homes, remodeling etc....bush had the highest dow under any president, but that never gets mentioned, what gets mentioned is only the last 2 years....

obama just happened to be elected at what appears to be the bottom of the market...that is pure happenstance, and nothing to do with his policies....

additionally, i am suspect of the numbers...for so long its been created or saved...and...how many of these jobs are permenant?

Come on guys....what ever happened to looking at his whole presidency? Why do the 9-11 attacks get cut out? Why do you ignore the economic collapse at the end of his presidency?

what exactly did his admin do to cause the economic collapse?

list specifics

things are not alwasy black and white and as simplistic as you say when the details are looked at.

Some people believe companies should never be bailed out, but...backed bailing out the companies in the last few years because when a whole industry is in danger because of one huge private sector company, the government has a duty to save the economy and the nation.

you would have your ideological principles bankrupt the nation. your ideological view is bankrupt and as realistic as it gets

So says a far left liberal. lol

I did not even say a word about bail outs. I am talking about taxes, and regulations when I say they should get the fuck out of the way.

My point stands. If things are going well the Government does not NEED to be in the creating jobs business. As things were going well for most of the time Bush was in office, that is why HE did not create a lot of jobs. because HE DID not have to, the private sector was doing a good job of that all on it's own.

When ever we are reduced to counting on government to "create jobs" for us. We are in a world of hurt IMO.

I hear the IRS is hiring like mad, gearing up for the enforcement of Obamacare.

YAY!!!!

list specifics

This Administration could not have done anything to create the collapse as it started before they were in power. However DEMOCRATS were running congress since jan 2007, and Most clear thinking people agree this massive economic problem we are in now was Decades in the making and can not be blamed on any one administration.

Now lets talk about what this Administration has done to make this problem last longer. That is Obama's failing. He did not create the problem. But his attempts to "fix" it have made things even worse in the long run, and the uncertainty he is creating is doing a number on the Economy right now.

Some experts say Business is holding on to 4 Trillion dollars in cash right now, because they are afraid and have NO FUCKING clue what to expect out of this WH and congress, they just know it probably wont be good.

list specifics

This Administration could not have done anything to create the collapse as it started before they were in power. However DEMOCRATS were running congress since jan 2007, and Most clear thinking people agree this massive economic problem we are in now was Decades in the making and can not be blamed on any one administration.

Now lets talk about what this Administration has done to make this problem last longer. That is Obama's failing. He did not create the problem. But his attempts to "fix" it have made things even worse in the long run, and the uncertainty he is creating is doing a number on the Economy right now.

Some experts say Business is holding on to 4 Trillion dollars in cash right now, because they are afraid and have NO FUCKING clue what to expect out of this WH and congress, they just know it probably wont be good.

Precisely... nobody but a dummy "blames" Obama for the current mess. With that said, the policies he seems to favor have, in part, led us here. And yes, those policies are in part supported by some Republicans as well.

However, the degree of uncertainty in today's economy is mind-boggling. We have trillions of dollars in new Government committments that nobody, even the people that passed it, can get their heads around. And these committments are ultimately borne by the private sector. This is good how?

You are welcome to discuss any of these economic facts. Posting facts does not make one a troll. Answering facts with name calling does

RW, you only care about part of the "facts" and that's the issue and why you are a nothing more than a Troll.

Everything you post is supported by Government money, it will not last, it’s unsustainable and in the end will have to be paid back so there is a enormous cost attached to “floating” the economy until another bubble comes along.

What would happen if the stimulus were taken out right now RW? A depression? Wouldn’t one be able to conclude that while you can argue that “see, the stimulus has helped!!” someone else can easily point out that all it is doing is prolonging a recession that at some point will still need to turn into a depression?

How long does this stimulus need to go on RW? Without it all this “growth” would dry up in less than a month’s time. No one educated on the matter cares about you bogus numbers.

It’s FDR all over again, as you and I have debated. I said nothing ever got better and you say because unemployment would go up and down from 25% to 17% that things DID get better… FDR floated the economy until the war sucked up the rest of the unemployed, 16 million people went to war. AFTER WWII the world was in ruin, not America and that allowed for the VERY rare opportunity for the US’s manufacturing to BOOM like wtf style. What bubble do you see coming to save us RW? Remember we are already CURRENTLY in TWO wars, despite the “mission accomplished” banner on Iraq Obama has pulled.

YOU are a Big War loving, Big Company, Big Government supporting noob. All it took was a black man with a D next to his name to obtain your undying support.
Sad times…

Glad to see you finally discussing the issue at hand rather than insult posts...its an improvement

It might even make sense if you could show me a Republican administration that ran on a ballanced budget, show me a Republican administration that didn't run on a massive deficit, show me one that decreased the size of the government and cut spending

I would rather pay off Obama's 800 billion stimulus to spark the economy and help Americans, rather than the Bush $5 trillion deficit that provided tax cuts for wealthy Americans and paid for two wars

Warren G. Harding - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Calvin Coolidge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Back to back Republican presidents... Of course they don't have a record of floating a depression for over 10 years like FDR but I'm sure you will find a way to remove credit from the depression the helped end in the start of Harding's first term.

RW, you are so far left you don't even know where "center" is. You think Bush was a conservative despite being very similar to Obama.

CBO finds 3.7M jobs created by stimulus - The Hill's On The Money

Imagine that!

Republicans took over a strong economy with a budget surplus and only managed to create 1 million jobs while they were in power.

Obama took over in the worst recession in 70 years and created 3 million jobs

A report by the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office shows the Recovery Act has increased the number of workers by between 1.2 million and 2.8 million. The CBO also projects that 3.7 million jobs could be attributed to the stimulus by the end of September.

Awww now this is no fair, you just made it soo much harder for them to keep lying to themselves.

The lies are strong in these ones and they will no doubt be able to resist the truth.

Oh boy, TM is here, the thread is full on "CT" now.

Time top apply logic so the idoits can see it......

Reasons for loss of jobs during the Bush years:

Technology:
Boolean search engine development and implementation resulted in no longer needing extensive research departments
Phone technology and advanced voice mail resulted in no longer needing receptionists and switchboard operators
CNC Machining replaced manual machining resulting in needing 1/3 the machinists, no set up people, fewer QA people
Advanced computer graphics technology resulted in the need of smaller or no creative staff
Advanced copiers resulted in smaller copy room staff
E-mail minimized the need for large mailrooms
Etc......

Outsourcing:
A small minority of companies outsourced to other countries but such activity coupled with international policy resulted in many foreign plants opening up in the US

Yet despite the loss of the above referenced jobs...

the population grew by 25 million (per RW's claim) yet the unemployment numbers did not change for the worse

And still 1 million net jobs were gained.

And how could this be?

The tax cuts put more money in the consumer's pockets resulting in an increase in the demand for goods and services.

Enough with the spinning of the data.

The truth is the truth.

Sorry, Bush had very little to do with why the economy did so well. It was the Fed building the housing bubble, just like they helpeed make the .com bubble. Sure Bush had a hand in things but he is not that different than Obama.

Because the president signs in legislation that inspires business to either take a risk and grow or play it safe and shrink?

Forum List

Back