Obama Administration created more jobs in one year than Republicans created in eight

The difference here is Democrats think we need government to create jobs for us, Republicans know the truth is the best thing Government can do is GET THE FUCK out of the way and let the private sector create them.

things are not alwasy black and white and as simplistic as you say when the details are looked at.

Some people believe companies should never be bailed out, but...backed bailing out the companies in the last few years because when a whole industry is in danger because of one huge private sector company, the government has a duty to save the economy and the nation.

you would have your ideological principles bankrupt the nation. your ideological view is bankrupt and as realistic as it gets

Can you give me an example of when Government doing what Obama is doing has helped us as a nation, long term?

Time top apply logic so the idoits can see it......

Reasons for loss of jobs during the Bush years:

Technology:
Boolean search engine development and implementation resulted in no longer needing extensive research departments
Phone technology and advanced voice mail resulted in no longer needing receptionists and switchboard operators
CNC Machining replaced manual machining resulting in needing 1/3 the machinists, no set up people, fewer QA people
Advanced computer graphics technology resulted in the need of smaller or no creative staff
Advanced copiers resulted in smaller copy room staff
E-mail minimized the need for large mailrooms
Etc......

Outsourcing:
A small minority of companies outsourced to other countries but such activity coupled with international policy resulted in many foreign plants opening up in the US

Yet despite the loss of the above referenced jobs...

Unemployment barely moved for the worse over the first 7 of 8 years
the population grew by 25 million (per RW's claim) yet the unemployment numbers did not change for the worse

And still 1 million net jobs were gained.

And how could this be?

The tax cuts put more money in the consumer's pockets resulting in an increase in the demand for goods and services.

Enough with the spinning of the data.

The truth is the truth.

You forget that a good portion of the Bush tax cuts were canceled out by higher oil prices hitting the consumer at every level, AND,

the fact that the stock market never gained a penny in 8 years of Bush.

CBO finds 3.7M jobs created by stimulus - The Hill's On The Money

Imagine that!

Republicans took over a strong economy with a budget surplus and only managed to create 1 million jobs while they were in power.

Obama took over in the worst recession in 70 years and created 3 million jobs

A report by the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office shows the Recovery Act has increased the number of workers by between 1.2 million and 2.8 million. The CBO also projects that 3.7 million jobs could be attributed to the stimulus by the end of September.

that article is from May, hello, and it says could be attributed and simply states increased the numbner of workers ...do you have the source report please?

Considering the jobs numbers in the last 3 months and the gdp reduction etc. I really cannot believe you are trying to laud this...you do understand that these 'jobs' are not exactly quantifiable right?

and yes that 16 dollars a week sure did save me...:eusa_pray:

I'd love to see the particulars , a job "created" by public funds on a road in my area for example may have taken one from elsewhere such as the dirt contractor who DIDN'T get a road construction project.

Public jobs are temporary and although some things can be looked upon as needed such as a new bridge being built, they rarely create lasting wealth, of course there are exceptions such as a road or damn that produces electricity.

All construction jobs are temporary. You complete a project and technically have no job until you start your next project. Public works projects have long term economic impacts by improving the infrastructure. Roads, bridges and maintenance are all vital.

The bigger question is where were all those Republican jobs we were promised? What happened to the "trickle down" from the Bush tax cuts? Republicans are supposed to be business friendly and create more jobs.

What happened? Why was 2000-2010 a lost decade for economic growth?

Remind me....was there a 10% unemployment rate?
Was job creation part of the agenda?

OK, when Obama took office, the economy was losing jobs at the rate of 750,000 jobs a MONTH. Well on the way to 10%. Did that help?

RW, you only care about part of the "facts" and that's the issue and why you are a nothing more than a Troll.

Everything you post is supported by Government money, it will not last, it’s unsustainable and in the end will have to be paid back so there is a enormous cost attached to “floating” the economy until another bubble comes along.

What would happen if the stimulus were taken out right now RW? A depression? Wouldn’t one be able to conclude that while you can argue that “see, the stimulus has helped!!” someone else can easily point out that all it is doing is prolonging a recession that at some point will still need to turn into a depression?

How long does this stimulus need to go on RW? Without it all this “growth” would dry up in less than a month’s time. No one educated on the matter cares about you bogus numbers.

It’s FDR all over again, as you and I have debated. I said nothing ever got better and you say because unemployment would go up and down from 25% to 17% that things DID get better… FDR floated the economy until the war sucked up the rest of the unemployed, 16 million people went to war. AFTER WWII the world was in ruin, not America and that allowed for the VERY rare opportunity for the US’s manufacturing to BOOM like wtf style. What bubble do you see coming to save us RW? Remember we are already CURRENTLY in TWO wars, despite the “mission accomplished” banner on Iraq Obama has pulled.

YOU are a Big War loving, Big Company, Big Government supporting noob. All it took was a black man with a D next to his name to obtain your undying support.
Sad times…

Glad to see you finally discussing the issue at hand rather than insult posts...its an improvement

It might even make sense if you could show me a Republican administration that ran on a ballanced budget, show me a Republican administration that didn't run on a massive deficit, show me one that decreased the size of the government and cut spending

I would rather pay off Obama's 800 billion stimulus to spark the economy and help Americans, rather than the Bush $5 trillion deficit that provided tax cuts for wealthy Americans and paid for two wars

Warren G. Harding - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Calvin Coolidge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Back to back Republican presidents... Of course they don't have a record of floating a depression for over 10 years like FDR but I'm sure you will find a way to remove credit from the depression the helped end in the start of Harding's first term.

RW, you are so far left you don't even know where "center" is. You think Bush was a conservative despite being very similar to Obama.

:lol:

Best post of the thread

When asked to provide fiscally responsible Republican presidents you pick the two who lead us into the Great Depression.

The reality is that the economy sucks.

The job situation still sucks.

The policies put forth by the Dem Congress and the Prez are not workiing.

You ain't gotta be a rocket scientist to see this. Jeeze.

You might have a point if the Republicans had actually participated in Government rather than obstuct it for the last two years

When you're ready to discuss the party currently in power let me know...

Once again...the question is

Why would anyone ever want to give back economic control to the Republicans?

No the question is,

Why would anyone want to give "economic control" to the government.

Neither the Bush administration, or a Republican congress was able to regulate Fanny Mea or Freddy Mac. Republicans would blame Democrats for obstructing this effort from 2001-2006. I blame Republicans for being disingenuous, and blowing a lot of smoke. Now that Dems have controlled Congress for the past 6 years, and the White House for 2 years, there's STILL NO Regulatory OVERSIGHT OF Fanny & Freddie!!!

Clearly, Government, is the LAST thing that should be "controlling the economy" regardless of whichever party or the other "in Power" (whatever that means).

Last edited:
Why would America reward continious failure with re-election?

They might be HOPING for a CHANGE.

Of course, this would stir up disturbing first hand images of the truth of the saying that 'repeating the same act over and over and hoping for a different outcome is the hallmark f insanity.'

But nowadays, even a large chunk of the voters who got fooled by the snake oil salesman last time are very probably "on to him," at long last.

At least, one may hope.

First move: dump the Democratics from the control of the House.

Second move: if possible, take away control of the Senate from the Democratics.

Third move: get a strong, viable, articulate candidate from the ranks of the GOP to run against President Obama -- if the President decides to even seek re-election. He can be defeated. But a Sarah Palin or another John McCain is NOT the right choice. To divisive (and under-informed) or too weak-willed on many important issues. The GOP choice is going to need to bring real alternatives to the Obama Administration policies to the table. On issues like ever-higher taxation, ever-higher government spending, the refusal to deal with the massive and deadly entitlement programs, border security, immigration issues and effectively fighting to protect national security against the threat of terrorism (especially militant Islamic/Jihad movements), the course has to be fully and heartily addressed and laid-out:

Lower taxes. Cutting capital gains. Elimination of marriage penalties. Elimination of the Alternative Minimum Tax (EXCEPT to whatever extent it may finally be RATIONALLY linked to ACTUAL COLA increases, if then). Termination of Corporate taxation (to avoid the fact of double taxation. Possible FLAT or FAIR Tax. IF so, elimination of the Income Tax; and the 16th Amendment must be revoked as a pre-condition. Termination of the TARP programs. To the extent that we have to face it, let's agree to at least START to discuss the imposition of an earmarked tax for paying down the massive federal debt. Address the recommendations for revising (and/or eliminating, gradually) the Social Insecurity Program -- but not just for the sake of talking. We urgently need a commitment to REALLY get it done.

The needs are vast, but it is WAY past time to start doing these things. Enough with the yabbering. We need a committed candidate who will forcefully move -- together with the reconstituted Congress -- to get these thing DONE.

As of today... the "summer of recovery" shed 283,000 jobs and unemployment bumped up to 9.8%.

All hail Obama and his master economic plan!

Imagine that!

Republicans took over a strong economy with a budget surplus and only managed to create 1 million jobs while they were in power.

A report by the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office shows the Recovery Act has increased the number of workers by between 1.2 million and 2.8 million. The CBO also projects that 3.7 million jobs could be attributed to the stimulus by the end of September.

I have a disagreement with the term "created". The article actually uses the phrase "increased the number of workers". For me, in order to "create" new jobs it has to be a long term thing. Throwing money into the market (short term) in an effort to "increase" jobs is not the same thing. Otherwise, how are these jobs going to be maintained over the long term?

Glad to see you finally discussing the issue at hand rather than insult posts...its an improvement

It might even make sense if you could show me a Republican administration that ran on a ballanced budget, show me a Republican administration that didn't run on a massive deficit, show me one that decreased the size of the government and cut spending

I would rather pay off Obama's 800 billion stimulus to spark the economy and help Americans, rather than the Bush $5 trillion deficit that provided tax cuts for wealthy Americans and paid for two wars

Warren G. Harding - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Calvin Coolidge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Back to back Republican presidents... Of course they don't have a record of floating a depression for over 10 years like FDR but I'm sure you will find a way to remove credit from the depression the helped end in the start of Harding's first term.

RW, you are so far left you don't even know where "center" is. You think Bush was a conservative despite being very similar to Obama.

:lol:

Best post of the thread

When asked to provide fiscally responsible Republican presidents you pick the two who lead us into the Great Depression.

Wow.... Can you prove that? Or is this another "the 1920's depression was fixed by magic" while FDR's Great depression was fixed by, well... What fixed FDR's depression again RW?

I know it's from Wiki but meh.... Wiki isn’t even hard on FDR so take a look, I found this part so very interesting.
Scroll down to United States
Main articles: Great Depression in the United States and New Deal
Great Depression - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This section reminds me so much of Bush's last 4 years and Obama’s first 2 years. It seems like no matter how much they tried to do it was "never enough." At the only point where things get better (holy shit, ten years later lol) we see unemployment at 11% (wow) and the second FDR starts to remove Government aid (and raise taxes as you would love to do, and defend doing today) we see another GIANT crash.

Now I understand for you that means "HA HA SEE! Government WAS the answer!." But the fact that even FDR had come to a point where he knew the un-sustainability of "floating the economy" was starting to hit hard, so he let off just a bit and the “false economy” flopped. JUST LIKE WE ALL SAY WOULD HAPPEN TODAY IF OBAMA LET OFF.

The point is RW, Obama and even FDR's policies can't and never did fix anything. FDR's idea was his policies would keep the US out of a prolonged depression and even end it quickly, just like Obama, and yet they call it the "Great Depression" for a reason, because it was SOOOOO LOOONG. You give credit to possibly the worst president in US history and blame it all on Republicans before him, just like you do today.

And again, can you even prove how Harding/Coolidge started or “lead us into the Great Depression?” I’m not saying you can’t find someone somewhere bitching about them but you make it seem like it’s some “known fact” when really it’s just another conspiracy theory of yours.

BTW, things got better in 1938 when Republicans took over congress and ran on lowering taxes and so on… Conservative Manifesto - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
See how much a difference can be made on giving markets “certainty?”

Conservative coalition - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Imagine that!

Awesome !!! *

*This figure doesn't include the 8 million jobs lost during this period

Imagine that!

Awesome !!! *

*This figure doesn't include the 8 million jobs lost during this period

LOL. A mere quibble. :lol::lol:

Imagine that!

LMAO..................

Now take a gandor over to DRUDGE s0n!!!!!!!:lol:

Heres the top sotries over at DRUDGE right now.....................

UNEMPLOYMENT JUMPS TO 9.6%...
Economy LOST 283,000 jobs during 'Recovery Summer' months...
NPR: 'Recovery Summer' Ends With Economic Pothole...
Labor Sec. Declares: 'There are jobs out there'...
TREASURY HEAD RUSHES BACK FROM VACATION; AIDES SEARCH FOR OTHER JOBS PACKAGE...
120 Days to Go Until Largest Tax Hikes in History...
President Claims Job Creation; Doesn't Mention Net Job Loss of 54K...
HE NEEDS A VACATION: OBAMA TO CAMP DAVID...

yuk.......yuk...............fcukking cool!!!:D

Clearly awesome!!!

We were close to economic collapse under Bush

Financial markets were in a panic, Auto companies collapsing, housing prices plummet, Stock Market dropping 7000 points, losing 700,000 jobs a month.........the economy heading for a Depression

Thankfully, Obama showed a cool head and provided that the US Government would stand behind the banks and Auto Companies. The panic subsided..

The Market rebounded 4000 points, auto companies are paying back their debt, positive job growth

Why would anyone want to return to Republican Policies????

Hmmmm.................

Im wondering something though..................

If the Democrats are so awesome and the GOP sucks so bad, then why are Democrats about to get massacred in the upcoming elections?

Hmmm......................

Forum List

Back