DOUBLE OUCH! How Barack Obama Became Mr. Unpopular

teapartysamurai

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2010
How Barack Obama Became Mr. Unpopular

The Barack Obama that most Hoosiers remember voting for can still be found on YouTube. He stands before a cheering Elkhart high school gymnasium in August 2008, tireless, aspirational, promising a new America of jobs and hope. "We can choose another future," says the newcomer with the funny name. "So I ask you to join me."

Today that view of Obama is harder to find in Indiana. A couple of weeks back and a dozen miles west of Elkhart, hundreds gathered in another school gym - except this time it was for a job fair. With the local unemployment rate above 12% and rising again this summer, about a third of the employer display tables stood empty. Julie Griffin, who voted for Obama in '08, sat down at the room's edge, well dressed and discouraged. After 23 years as a payroll administrator at a local RV plant, she got laid off 18 months ago. "Really, what has he been doing?" she said when I asked about Obama's efforts to help people like her. "I guess I don't know what he is doing." (See TIME's 2008 Person of the Year: Barack Obama.)

This shift in perception - from Obama as political savior to Obama as creature of Washington - can be seen elsewhere. When Obama arrived in office in January '09, his Gallup approval rating stood at 68%, a high for a newly elected leader not seen since John Kennedy in 1961. Today Obama's job approval has been hovering in the mid-40s, which means that at least 1 in 4 Americans has changed his or her mind. The plunge has been particularly dramatic among independents, whites and those under age 30. With midterm elections just nine weeks off, instead of the generational transformation some Democrats predicted after 2008, the President's party teeters on the brink of a broad setback in November, including the possible loss of both houses of Congress. By a 10-point margin, people say they will vote for Republicans over Democrats in Congress, the largest such gap ever recorded by Gallup. (See pictures of Barack Obama behind the scenes on Inauguration Day.)

How Barack Obama Became Mr. Unpopular - Yahoo! News

This is from Time Magazine! :eek: http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,2015629,00.html?xid=rss-fullnation-yahoo

When the lib media starts turning on Obama like that, you know Obama is in trouble! :eek::eek:

Now, of course later in the article they do a bunch of CYA's because OF COURSE, it's not really "Obama's fault." Noooooooooo, of course not.

But let's face it. Obama is not Mr. Wonderful anymore and the messiah liberals were hoping was going to take them to their socialst promised land.

Instead, he turns out to be another Jimmy Carter. Full of talk and radical leftism, and not much else.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

People seemed to have forgotten...

His original mantra was "change the way we do things in Washington"

Sure, some of his most loyal supporters claim that it was "Change America"....but he did no say that until Novemeber 2008..

It was always "change the way we do things in Washington"

That is what helped him beat Hillary and that is what helped him beat McCain.

Well, that being said...

What has "CHANGED" in the way things are done in Washington?

We still have lobbeyists in the WH
We still have back room deals
We still have bilions used to bribe votes on legislation
We still hae partisanship...worse than I can ever rememeber
We still have spending exceeding revenue
We still have special interest groups reaping the rewards of Washington connections
We still have press secretaries not answering questions

What propelled him to the top was nothing but a bunch of crap and the people are seeing it...except for the hard core Obama supporters. They are blind to all mis-steps of his.

People seemed to have forgotten...

His original mantra was "change the way we do things in Washington"

Sure, some of his most loyal supporters claim that it was "Change America"....but he did no say that until Novemeber 2008..

It was always "change the way we do things in Washington"

That is what helped him beat Hillary and that is what helped him beat McCain.

Well, that being said...

What has "CHANGED" in the way things are done in Washington?

We still have lobbeyists in the WH
We still have back room deals
We still have bilions used to bribe votes on legislation
We still hae partisanship...worse than I can ever rememeber
We still have spending exceeding revenue
We still have special interest groups reaping the rewards of Washington connections
We still have press secretaries not answering questions

What propelled him to the top was nothing but a bunch of crap and the people are seeing it...except for the hard core Obama supporters. They are blind to all mis-steps of his.

You should also add a big dose of "people were so sick of Bush and the Reps" to your list.

We also had a LSM that were so in the tank for this guy that they bought his bs hook, line and sinker. They never did any serious invesitgation of him at all.

Yep. Folks bought his crap and we are all paying for it.

Obama has no one to blame but himself for his steady drop in the polls. I wanted so badly for Obama to succeed. I wanted him to lead this proud nation the way she deserves to be lead.

Unfortunately he is headed in the wrong direction. He has made many mistakes. Some of those are...

1) Divides the parties further instead of bringing them together for the greater good of the nation.
2) Appointed the absolute worst AG in American history.
3) Let the New Black Panthers off the hook.
4) Appointed an extreme, radical, inexperienced individual to the Supreme Court.
5) His Stimulus plan has been a colossal failure.
6) Pulling out of Iraq too soon.
7) Apology-Fest.
8) Interfering with the Arizona Immigration laws.
9) Weak on illegal immigration.
10) Obama Care
11) Cash or Clunkers was a failure.
12) Auto bailouts.

Now Obama still has a chance to turn this ship around and leave us with a positive legacy but he's going to have to take a deep, moral inventory of himself to accomplish this.

You know what Obama needs to do? He needs to reach out to Bill Clinton and ask for help. He needs to be mentored by Bill and get his guidance on how to right this ship. Clinton was a damn fine POTUS and someone Obama can trust. Let Bill be his political advisor. I would think Clinton would want to help Obama in any way he can.

Obama has potential but he needs to knock off the bullshit and get serious. He needs to lead this country from the front. He needs to look back to us and say "Follow me."

Obama has no one to blame but himself for his steady drop in the polls. I wanted so badly for Obama to succeed. I wanted him to lead this proud nation the way she deserves to be lead.

Unfortunately he is headed in the wrong direction. He has made many mistakes. Some of those are...

1) Divides the parties further instead of bringing them together for the greater good of the nation.
4) Appointed an extreme, radical, inexperienced individual to the Supreme Court.
7) Apology-Fest.
10) Obama Care
12) Auto bailouts.

Now Obama still has a chance to turn this ship around and leave us with a positive legacy but he's going to have to take a deep, moral inventory of himself to accomplish this.

You know what Obama needs to do? He needs to reach out to Bill Clinton and ask for help. He needs to be mentored by Bill and get his guidance on how to right this ship. Clinton was a damn fine POTUS and someone Obama can trust. Let Bill be his political advisor. I would think Clinton would want to help Obama in any way he can.

Obama has potential but he needs to knock off the bullshit and get serious. He needs to lead this country from the front. He needs to look back to us and say "Follow me."

Bill Clinton didn't turn this economy around! :lol::lol::lol:

Republicans turned the economy around by FORCING him to do the things necessary to fix it.

We were in a recession until Republicans won in 1994.

They forced Clinton to do Welfare Reform, Capital Gains Tax Cuts, and other things.

THAT turned the economy around. Then Billy Boy had the nerve to take credit for it (when he ran in 1996) when he drug his feet like crazy not to sign any of it.

7) Apology-Fest.
10) Obama Care
12) Auto bailouts.

Won't never happen.

I would think Bill wants to live in the WH again, via Hillary.

No, he doesn't.

The Barack Obama that most Hoosiers remember voting for can still be found on YouTube. He stands before a cheering Elkhart high school gymnasium in August 2008, tireless, aspirational, promising a new America of jobs and hope. "We can choose another future," says the newcomer with the funny name. "So I ask you to join me."

Today that view of Obama is harder to find in Indiana. A couple of weeks back and a dozen miles west of Elkhart, hundreds gathered in another school gym - except this time it was for a job fair. With the local unemployment rate above 12% and rising again this summer, about a third of the employer display tables stood empty. Julie Griffin, who voted for Obama in '08, sat down at the room's edge, well dressed and discouraged. After 23 years as a payroll administrator at a local RV plant, she got laid off 18 months ago. "Really, what has he been doing?" she said when I asked about Obama's efforts to help people like her. "I guess I don't know what he is doing." (See TIME's 2008 Person of the Year: Barack Obama.)

This shift in perception - from Obama as political savior to Obama as creature of Washington - can be seen elsewhere. When Obama arrived in office in January '09, his Gallup approval rating stood at 68%, a high for a newly elected leader not seen since John Kennedy in 1961. Today Obama's job approval has been hovering in the mid-40s, which means that at least 1 in 4 Americans has changed his or her mind. The plunge has been particularly dramatic among independents, whites and those under age 30. With midterm elections just nine weeks off, instead of the generational transformation some Democrats predicted after 2008, the President's party teeters on the brink of a broad setback in November, including the possible loss of both houses of Congress. By a 10-point margin, people say they will vote for Republicans over Democrats in Congress, the largest such gap ever recorded by Gallup. (See pictures of Barack Obama behind the scenes on Inauguration Day.)

This is from Time Magazine! :eek: How Barack Obama Became Mr. Unpopular - TIME

When the lib media starts turning on Obama like that, you know Obama is in trouble! :eek::eek:

Now, of course later in the article they do a bunch of CYA's because OF COURSE, it's not really "Obama's fault." Noooooooooo, of course not.

But let's face it. Obama is not Mr. Wonderful anymore and the messiah liberals were hoping was going to take them to their socialst promised land.

Instead, he turns out to be another Jimmy Carter. Full of talk and radical leftism, and not much else.

I see the laughing liar is shilling around here again this afternoon.

The president is unpopular with you Neocons for sure but who really cares about that. He hasn't even been campaigning yet ya lunkhead.

The president is unpopular with you Neocons for sure but who really cares about that. He hasn't even been campaigning yet ya lunkhead.

If you think his popularity has only dropped with conservaitves, then you are not paying attention.

OIr you are paying attention to the worng material.

Oh get this!

"It's all you NEOCONS. It's your fault Obama's numbers are down. BOO HOO HOO!!!!!!!"

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

And liberals keep making accusations about me and one by one, they keep falling by their own accusations.

When you have my "lies" do let me know.

It will all boil down to, I'm telling the truth about Obama and liberals and YOU don't like it. That's a "lie" in liberal speak. ;)

Liberals really hate it when people are happy don't they????? They are ALWAYS WHINING about me laughing at them!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

If you think his popularity has only dropped with conservaitves, then you are not paying attention.

She's just being a typical liberal.

She can't deny Obama's numbers have fallen, so she is making a personal attack as IF we have to defend against Obama's falling numbers.

Pretty pathetic.

Liberals who are giving him a thumbs down on approval right now will be voting for him in 2012.

Obama is still doing better than both Reagan and Clinton at this point in their presidencies.

Liberals who are giving him a thumbs down on approval right now will be voting for him in 2012.

Obama is still doing better than both Reagan and Clinton at this point in their presidencies.

I guess you forgot what happened with Reagan Democrats in 1980.

Quick question, when exactly did Obama stop campaigning?

The president is unpopular with you Neocons for sure but who really cares about that.

If I were a Democrat I'd sure care. His ineptitude would be about to cost my party around 50 House seats and possibly ten Senate seats in two months.

Considering the possible opponents, if the presidential election were this year, he would win.

In 2012, he's going have a very impressive score card. No wonder the Right hates him so.
He promised universal healthcare - Done
He promised to stop the financial downturn -Done
He promised to bring Israel and the Palestinians to bargaining table -Done
He promised to improve improve America's image abroad -Done
He promised to bring combat troops home from Iraq - Done
He promised to reform the financial system - Done
He promised to raise taxes - In progress
He promised Immigration Reform - In progress
He promised an Energy bill - In progress
He promised deficit reduction. - This is going happen with an improving economy , higher taxes, and the big ticket legislation out of the way.

Forum List

Back