Obama Administration created more jobs in one year than Republicans created in eight

I'm afraid Bush did have an agenda

He sold his tax cuts on the resulting economic boost and trickle down jobs.
He borrowed money to pay for his tax cuts added $5 trillion to the deficit and managed to create an economy that only added 1 million jobs

Obama added 3 million jobs during a recession :clap2:

I again say...

Obama added 3 million jobs (well, sort of but still had a loss of about that same number)....but at the cost of 166K per job that yeilded less than 50K income per job holder and he did it with 15% of the people needing a job.

Bush's tax cuts put more money in the pockets of the consumer and despite the loss of millions of dot com jobs, an attack on 9-11, the loss of a million jobs due to the natural cycle recession that began in 2007 first Q, and the credit crunch that cost even more jobs that was BOTH party's fault...he still netted a positive 1 million jobs.

Funny as it may seem RW...the numbers you are boasting actually make the GOP policies look alot dam better than Obama's policies.

GOP....Consumer had more money to spend and unemploymnent never jumped.
DEM....unemployment rose regardless and the consumer has less to spend....AND...it cost us a trillion dollars of borrowed moiney to get there.

Thanks for confirming what I already knew.

WOW

RW sure is a believer there JH.

Even cold hard facts won't shake his/her belief in Obama and the DEMS.

Nov can't come soon enough for me. Jeeze.

What facts do you need?

-Obama added 3 million jobs in a year and a half while Bush added 1 million over 8 years
- Stock market has increased 2000 points under Obama while it lost 2000 over Bush's 8 years
- GDP is positive four straight quarters under Obama while it was negative in five of the last 6 quarters under Bush

And the Republicans still want us to turn the economy over to them?

Because Obama is the worst president this country has ever seen.

I can't let that slide... FDR and Hoover were worse. Obama is a baby version of FDR only because he is still working on his first term. Bush was a very bad president as well, as were many others. Bush was the Hoover imo to Obama.
FDR had reason to do what he did. The real problem was letting those programs continue.

FDR's reasons were that he didn't know wtf he was doing...

I again say...

Obama added 3 million jobs (well, sort of but still had a loss of about that same number)....but at the cost of 166K per job that yeilded less than 50K income per job holder and he did it with 15% of the people needing a job.

Bush's tax cuts put more money in the pockets of the consumer and despite the loss of millions of dot com jobs, an attack on 9-11, the loss of a million jobs due to the natural cycle recession that began in 2007 first Q, and the credit crunch that cost even more jobs that was BOTH party's fault...he still netted a positive 1 million jobs.

Funny as it may seem RW...the numbers you are boasting actually make the GOP policies look alot dam better than Obama's policies.

DEM....unemployment rose regardless and the consumer has less to spend....AND...it cost us a trillion dollars of borrowed moiney to get there.

WOW

What facts do you need?

-Obama added 3 million jobs in a year and a half while Bush added 1 million over 8 years
- Stock market has increased 2000 points under Obama while it lost 2000 over Bush's 8 years
- GDP is positive four straight quarters under Obama while it was negative in five of the last 6 quarters under Bush

Troll.

Who cares what the Republicans want us to do?...

Americans will decide who gets to control the purse strings in November...

They will look at their check books, 401k's, retirement acccounts and decide if the ones currently in control of the ecomomy that drives those accounts deserve to remain in control or not...

I've got a good idea how that's gonna turn out....

Last edited:
I'm still waiting on an explanation as to why then is the unemployment rate twice that of Bush's if Obama has added so many jobs. And then why are the Dems talking of another porkulus bill, extending unemployment.. again.... etc., etc.

WOW

What facts do you need?

Troll.

You are welcome to discuss any of these economic facts. Posting facts does not make one a troll. Answering facts with name calling does

What facts do you need?

Troll.

You are welcome to discuss any of these economic facts. Posting facts does not make one a troll. Answering facts with name calling does

Does what?

They will look at their check books, 401k's, retirement acccounts and decide if the ones currently in control of the ecomomy that drives those accounts deserve to remain in control or not...

I concur

Look at your 401K under eight years of Republican economic control. They actually lost money over eight years while the market is up 55% under the Democrats.

Look at how much the value of your home dropped under the Republicans

Look at your salary under GOP control compared to rising costs in healthcare,education, energy and food

Look at the rising costs of healthcare while the GOP refused to lift a finger

Look at the economic collapse in the last 2 years and ask why republicans still refuse to provide oversight of the Financial industry

What facts do you need?

Troll.

Actually, at the beginning of this thread, we showed you how those "facts" are meaningless without more information that we furnished you with and we also showed you how to simply display those facts is actually spinning the truth about those facts...and we also explained to you that your premise of this thread was also skewed based on the facts as you presented them without the rest of the facts.

And you ignoired it and continued to simply point out the facts that are meaningless without the rest of the facts.

So that makes you a troll.

Unemployment rate when Bush left - 7.2%
Unemployment rate NOW - 9.5%

This indicates there are more jobs? Or, maybe people just don't want to work in the Obama admin.. oh, because we now pay people not to work?

I concur

Look at your 401K under eight years of Republican economic control. They actually lost money over eight years while the market is up 55% under the Democrats.

Look at your salary under GOP control compared to rising costs in healthcare,education, energy and food

Look at the economic collapse in the last 2 years and ask why republicans still refuse to provide oversight of the Financial industry

Sorry, most Americans look to the powers in charge at the time of failure and place blame... Society is of a "what have you done for me lately" mentality... Thems the facts... The democratics have done nothing for us except put us into record debt, spending money we don't have for things we don't need...

Using a "Spend, Baby, Spend!" attitude by the current party in control doesn't work when there's nothing left to spend...

A massively unpopular 0bamacare bill is not what we needed... America told you this, but you didn't care... We have to pass it so we can know what's in it! Fucking stupid... Now you're going to pay the price at the ballot box...

Sorry, you had your chance and you fucked up big time... Step aside and maybe apologize for fucking things up so badly...

What facts do you need?

Troll.

RW, you only care about part of the "facts" and that's the issue and why you are a nothing more than a Troll.

Everything you post is supported by Government money, it will not last, it’s unsustainable and in the end will have to be paid back so there is a enormous cost attached to “floating” the economy until another bubble comes along.

What would happen if the stimulus were taken out right now RW? A depression? Wouldn’t one be able to conclude that while you can argue that “see, the stimulus has helped!!” someone else can easily point out that all it is doing is prolonging a recession that at some point will still need to turn into a depression?

How long does this stimulus need to go on RW? Without it all this “growth” would dry up in less than a month’s time. No one educated on the matter cares about you bogus numbers.

It’s FDR all over again, as you and I have debated. I said nothing ever got better and you say because unemployment would go up and down from 25% to 17% that things DID get better… FDR floated the economy until the war sucked up the rest of the unemployed, 16 million people went to war. AFTER WWII the world was in ruin, not America and that allowed for the VERY rare opportunity for the US’s manufacturing to BOOM like wtf style. What bubble do you see coming to save us RW? Remember we are already CURRENTLY in TWO wars, despite the “mission accomplished” banner on Iraq Obama has pulled.

YOU are a Big War loving, Big Company, Big Government supporting noob. All it took was a black man with a D next to his name to obtain your undying support.
Sad times…

I concur

Sorry, most Americans look to the powers in charge at the time of failure and place blame... Society is of a "what have you done for me lately" mentality... Thems the facts... The democratics have done nothing for us except put us into record debt, spending money we don't have for things we don't need...

Using a "Spend, Baby, Spend!" attitude by the current party in control doesn't work when there's nothing left to spend...

A massively unpopular 0bamacare bill is not what we needed... America told you this, but you didn't care... We have to pass it so we can know what's in it! Fucking stupid... Now you're going to pay the price at the ballot box...

Sorry, you had your chance and you fucked up big time... Step aside and maybe apologize for fucking things up so badly...

Good question...

What HAVE the Republicans done for us lately?

They followed up their train wreck of GOP control with attempts to block and obuscate every attempt to correct the damage they have done.

What has been the major accomplishment of the Republicans in the last ten years? Starting wars? Destroying the economy Trashing the environment? Destroying our international reputation?

I again say...

WOW

What facts do you need?

You are truly stuck on stupid.

Heritage’s analyst Brian Riedl has noted:

* President Bush expanded the federal budget by a historic $700 billion through 2008, over eight years, with the last 2 years – under a democrat controlled congress – being the worst. President Obama is adding trillions more in just four.

* A string of expensive financial bailouts began in the final year under President Bush. President Obama has already significantly accelerated that course.

* President Bush created a Medicare drug entitlement that will cost an estimated $800 billion in its first decade. President Obama’s health-reform bill would cost $1.1 trillion more over ten years, says the CBO.

* President Bush increased federal education spending 58% faster than inflation. President Obama will double it.

* President Bush became the first to spend 3% of GDP on federal anti-poverty programs. President Obama has already increased this spending by 20%.

* President Bush tilted the income tax burden more toward upper-income taxpayers. President Obama is continuing that trend beyond the point of sustainability.

* President Bush presided over a $2.5 trillion increase in the public debt through 2008. Setting aside 2009 (for which Presidents Bush, and more so, Obama and the Congress, share responsibility for an additional $2.6 trillion in public debt), President Obama’s budget would add $4.9 trillion in public debt from the beginning of 2010 through 2016.

Riedl says that these numbers include spending on Iraq and Afghanistan during the Bush years. President Bush funded the wars through emergency supplementals (not the regular budget process, but that spending did not simply vanish. It is included in the numbers above, Riedl says.
President Obama repeatedly said he planned to freeze spending for three years, and he’s also promised to cut the deficit in half by the end of his term.
But as Heritage analyst Riedl has already noted, the President has quadrupled the deficit with massive spending, so halving or freezing it shouldn’t cause analysts to crook the trumpets just yet.

Fact checking Obama, Obama vs Bush, Budgets, Deficits, ect. ccrofny's blog

President Barack Obama has repeatedly claimed that his budget would cut the deficit by half by the end of his term. But as Heritage analyst Brian Riedl has pointed out, given that Obama has already helped quadruple the deficit with his stimulus package, pledging to halve it by 2013 is hardly ambitious. The Washington Post has a great graphic which helps put President Obama’s budget deficits in context of President Bush’s.

wapoobamabudget1.jpg

Bush Deficit vs. Obama Deficit in Pictures | The Foundry: Conservative Policy News.

Forum List

Back