Obama Administration created more jobs in one year than Republicans created in eight

Discussion in 'Politics' started by rightwinger, Sep 2, 2010.

1. rightwinger

rightwinger Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,482
    CBO finds 3.7M jobs created by stimulus - The Hill's On The Money

Imagine that!

Republicans took over a strong economy with a budget surplus and only managed to create 1 million jobs while they were in power.

Obama took over in the worst recession in 70 years and created 3 million jobs

A report by the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office shows the Recovery Act has increased the number of workers by between 1.2 million and 2.8 million. The CBO also projects that 3.7 million jobs could be attributed to the stimulus by the end of September.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  2. Big Black Dog

Big Black Dog Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,731
    If the Owe Bama administration is so great, how come our economy is in the tubes and my friends are all still unemployed?

3. johnrocks

johnrocks Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +279
    I'd love to see the particulars , a job "created" by public funds on a road in my area for example may have taken one from elsewhere such as the dirt contractor who DIDN'T get a road construction project.

Public jobs are temporary and although some things can be looked upon as needed such as a new bridge being built, they rarely create lasting wealth, of course there are exceptions such as a road or damn that produces electricity.

4. Jarhead

Jarhead Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,286
    Creating jobs without injecting a trillion dollars into the economy when there is no real unemployment to speak of is not easy to do....so I million jobs is pretty impressive.

Creating jobs by taking a trillion dollars and paying companies to hire people when there is a 10% unemployemnt rate is not too difficult to do.

Heck, you are bragging that he crated jobs at the cost of 167,000 per job with the average salary at less than 50K....and 6 million people vying for....no....BEGGING for those jobs.

My dead pet canary can do that.

5. rightwinger

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,482
    All construction jobs are temporary. You complete a project and technically have no job until you start your next project. Public works projects have long term economic impacts by improving the infrastructure. Roads, bridges and maintenance are all vital.

The bigger question is where were all those Republican jobs we were promised? What happened to the "trickle down" from the Bush tax cuts? Republicans are supposed to be business friendly and create more jobs.

What happened? Why was 2000-2010 a lost decade for economic growth?

6. Jarhead

Jarhead Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,286
    Remind me....was there a 10% unemployment rate?
    Was job creation part of the agenda?

7. rightwinger

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,482
    PolitiFact Ohio | Sherrod Brown touts job growth during Clinton presidency vs. Bush?s jobs record

1.08 million jobs in EIGHT YEARS !

And the Republicans claim they can do a better job than the Democrats???

Last edited: Sep 2, 2010
  8. Leweman

Leweman Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +737
    Reality is a bitch huh? Its okay things will ACTUALLY get better soon.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. Dante

Dante On leave Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,054
    because your friends are as stupid as you are?

10. johnrocks

johnrocks Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +279
    But in private sectors in a growing economy, they move from one project to another, I agree that roads, bridges, maintenance etc. are vital RW.

The monetary policies created bubbles, few were complaining when housing starts were at a feverish pitch and we had full employment but then the bubbles burst;just like the "roaring 20's"; the good times crashed and it was due to people living beyond their means and a reckless monetary policy.

We didn't have those bubbles in my area; people didn't care to move to Louisiana, they were going to exciting places like Las Vegas or on the Florida coast and now look at those areas compared to us, look at Michigan, California and Florida compared to some of the areas that did not expand at such a feverish pitch.

Government giveth and government taketh away.