NYPD officer in Eric Garner case fired

Wow, so the mob rules over the law.

Another thing about you that doesn't surprise me.

The law should be implemented by people with sense and compassion.

Now, even assuming that you could find a legal precedence for giving this guy his job back (there isn't one) there's no sensible or compassionate reason to. He can find something else to do for a living. He can send out resumes to other police departments. Shit, the guy who shot Tamir Rice got rehired as a squirrel cop somewhere.

Now, even assuming that you could find a legal precedence for giving this guy his job back (there isn't one) there's no sensible or compassionate reason to. He can find something else to do for a living. He can send out resumes to other police departments. Shit, the guy who shot Tamir Rice got rehired as a squirrel cop somewhere.

And then fired once the word got out. Sadly even after it came out that he had been ruled mentally incompetent, someone still hired him.

The cop's actions did not cause Garner's death. If the NYPD's policies had something to do with the take down it was the policy of hiring small men and women as police officers. In the days when the police had standards the police officers were bruisers who made Garner look fragile.

The police officers actions did lead to his death any way around it. The family got millions not because he died, but because his civil rights were violated. He was doing nothing illegal. He was standing on a street. One does not have to freely give up their civil rights.

He died because NYC didn't want to lose out on a tax dollar.

The cop's actions did not cause Garner's death. If the NYPD's policies had something to do with the take down it was the policy of hiring small men and women as police officers. In the days when the police had standards the police officers were bruisers who made Garner look fragile.

The police officers actions did lead to his death any way around it. The family got millions not because he died, but because his civil rights were violated. He was doing nothing illegal. He was standing on a street. One does not have to freely give up their civil rights.

He was standing in front of a business illegally selling cigarettes. He has been illegally selling cigarettes and being arrested for it for a long time.

And then fired once the word got out. Sadly even after it came out that he had been ruled mentally incompetent, someone still hired him.
I will say this again. You want freedom, you get rid of a lot of the criminal code. The Progs do not seem to be doing it even though they emote like a drama school class on every crime they consider an issue. So telling their police to stand down still does not eliminate the criminal code. You see, they want their resources from fees and taxes and fines. It adds up.

He was standing in front of a business illegally selling cigarettes. He has been illegally selling cigarettes and being arrested for it for a long time.

I generally can tell when I am on the right side of things when the other side continues to lie about whatever is being discussed as we see here.

I will say this again. You want freedom, you get rid of a lot of the criminal code. The Progs do not seem to be doing it even though they emote like a drama school class on every crime they consider an issue. So telling their police to stand down still does not eliminate the criminal code. You see, they want their resources from fees and taxes and fines. It adds up.

You can continue to argue this as others have and I'll continue to note that I do not support anything about what happened here.

Except he wasn't at the time. THey just recognized him as someone with outstanding warrants and tried to run him in.

Hey, personally, I'd be all for getting rid of the tax on cigarettes and making the rich pay their fair share.... but this isn't a discussion about the tax code.

It was about the police using a deadly tactic they'd have never used on a white man.... and getting away with it.

Except he wasn't at the time. THey just recognized him as someone with outstanding warrants and tried to run him in.

He didn't have outstanding warrants.
He was on parole.

That isn't what was claimed and I don't even recall whether that was true or not. I do not believe it is. Why are so many so willing to be dishonest about what happened here? IMO it's because they do not want to acknowledge what happened here.

Many disagree with a judge's ruling in many cases. Does that matter?

It matters in this case because you are arguing he should have been fired.

Based upon court findings. I hold the officer to the same standard I would have been held to.

The court findings are highly suspect. In the end they were trying to find SOMETHING to stick. They would rather him in prison, but would accept him being fired.

They were based upon fact. He did something expressly against policy. You can say "he didn't mean to" but he did all the same.

He was wrestling with a man over twice his size, along with other officers. His arm during this extending to his neck area doesn't mean he was applying a chokehold.
/—-/ Possible NYPD slowdown in progress. https://defensemaven.io/bluelivesma...andling-violent-crime-di2iUw5gi0WI2Lt5QahNSQ/

It matters in this case because you are arguing he should have been fired.

Based upon court findings. I hold the officer to the same standard I would have been held to.

The court findings are highly suspect. In the end they were trying to find SOMETHING to stick. They would rather him in prison, but would accept him being fired.

They were based upon fact. He did something expressly against policy. You can say "he didn't mean to" but he did all the same.

He was wrestling with a man over twice his size, along with other officers. His arm during this extending to his neck area doesn't mean he was applying a chokehold.
/—-/ Possible NYPD slowdown in progress. NYPD Chief Confirms Drop In Arrests, But Cops Still Handling Violent Crime - Blue Lives Matter

Too bad this wasn't the case on the day they decided to jump someone minding their own business.

/—-/ Possible NYPD slowdown in progress. NYPD Chief Confirms Drop In Arrests, But Cops Still Handling Violent Crime - Blue Lives Matter

Too bad this wasn't the case on the day they decided to jump someone minding their own business.
/——/ WTF are you yapping about?

You understand what I said.

Awesome. LEt's disband the PBA, fire the trouble makers and hire guys who aren't racist bullies.
/—-/ Thanks to the nonstop attacks by democRATs and the LSM, nobody wants to join the NYPD. They have to lower the standards so candidates who wouldn’t have made the cut 20 years ago are getting on the force. The suicide rate is staggering, 8 so far this year. Now read this and get a clue: Recruitment Problems Faced by Police Departments

You understand what I said.
/—-/ If I did, I wouldn’t have asked.

Forum List

Back