NYPD officer in Eric Garner case fired

martybegan

Diamond Member
Apr 5, 2010
Live updates: NYPD officer Daniel Pantaleo fired - CNN

Not surprising, since the Judge reviewing the case recommended it, and the current Police Chief is nothing more than a DiBlasio shill.

Needless to say the PBA isn't happy about this:

4adfac9c-ecef-4c98-8060-018a08e19948.png

Not surprising, since the Judge reviewing the case recommended it, and the current Police Chief is nothing more than a DiBlasio shill.

The police officer can go across the river and get a job with the NJPD or even WWE. If he can wrestle the likes of Eric to the floor, he could definately compete with the brutes of professional wrestling.

The police officer can go across the river and get a job with the NJPD or even WWE. If he can wrestle the likes of Eric to the floor, he could definately compete with the brutes of professional wrestling.

Sorry, but this firing was political, not administrative. and He was only one of several cops trying to take Garner down, but the only one fired.

Sorry, but this firing was political, not administrative. and He was only one of several cops trying to take Garner down, but the only one fired.
In Deblasio world, someone must be punished, but not the criminal, sorta like the discussion we are having in the $2 beer fest.

In Deblasio world, someone must be punished, but not the criminal, sorta like the discussion we are having in the $2 beer fest.

That's a bit different situation.

If I break a policy at work I'm likely going to get fired. If I break a policy at work and someone dies, you can bet I am going to get fired.

I have no idea why some hold a police officer to a different standard. Just do what you are instructed and no one gets fired.

There was no criminal here but someone still died because a police officer ignored policy.

If I break a policy at work I'm likely going to get fired. If I break a policy at work and someone dies, you can bet I am going to get fired.

I have no idea why some hold a police officer to a different standard. Just do what you are instructed and no one gets fired.

There is a serious question as to if he intended to apply a chokehold, or was just wrestling with a very large, resisting man, along with other officers.

The Admin Judge called it a chokehold, but many disagree.

The policeman was not prosecuted
He was removed from his job for not doing his job

There is a serious question as to if he intended to apply a chokehold, or was just wrestling with a very large, resisting man, along with other officers.

Many disagree with a judge's ruling in many cases. Does that matter?

After he was investigated for indictment at the State AND the Federal level.

This reeks of them settling for crumbs.

He was doing his job, the question was how he did his job. Garner resisted arrest.

It matters in this case because you are arguing he should have been fired.

Based upon court findings. I hold the officer to the same standard I would have been held to.

Based upon court findings. I hold the officer to the same standard I would have been held to.

The court findings are highly suspect. In the end they were trying to find SOMETHING to stick. They would rather him in prison, but would accept him being fired.

The court findings are highly suspect. In the end they were trying to find SOMETHING to stick. They would rather him in prison, but would accept him being fired.

They were based upon fact. He did something expressly against policy. You can say "he didn't mean to" but he did all the same.

lol
I think it be funny if all of the NYPD just up and quit and leave the city to its own...

I am seriously concerned about some form of "sick-in" in the next few days.

Usually the PBA isn't as blunt as they are being currently.

There must be some serious resentment in the ranks.

Forum List

Back