NY Times: Abolish The Constitution

Are you aware of the survey which found that people who used Fox News as their sole news source were less informed than people who didn't watch or read news at all because most of what they were told by Fox was lies. Word of mouth is a better news source than Fox.
The survey was done by lefty liberals.

So what else did you expect them to say? :cool:

Let’s Give Up on the Constitution

By LOUIS MICHAEL SEIDMAN

Published: December 30, 2012

AS the nation teeters at the edge of fiscal chaos, observers are reaching the conclusion that the American system of government is broken. But almost no one blames the culprit: our insistence on obedience to the Constitution, with all its archaic, idiosyncratic and downright evil provisions."

The massively retarded son-of-bitch blames the Constitution even though the continuing criminal enterprise known as the US of A has ignored the Constitution since at least the 1860's.

The mother fucker somehow totally ignored the fact that the criminals in DC nationalized credit and banking in 1913.

Now you see the real reason the bastards want to disarms us !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Has any liberal expressed any outrage yet? Even mild agitation?

I scrolled through 11 pages and saw at least 3 that agreed and the rest either attacked the op for not having a link (thats now there) or skipped it and commented on another subject.

Is there nothing American that they don't hate?

Let’s Give Up on the Constitution

By LOUIS MICHAEL SEIDMAN

Published: December 30, 2012

AS the nation teeters at the edge of fiscal chaos, observers are reaching the conclusion that the American system of government is broken. But almost no one blames the culprit: our insistence on obedience to the Constitution, with all its archaic, idiosyncratic and downright evil provisions."

An op-ed represents the view of the NY Times?

Really?

Want to re-think that?

oops...excuse me, i meant, want to actually think?

who would post such an opinion if they were not in full agreement?

Still noting that no liberal has voiced any disgust over this opinion, only attacking the the op.

why?

b/c you're all worthless and fully agree that the Constitution is in the way of government control.

The NY Times receives massive subsidies from the government so its only fair that their editorials and content be more balanced. You can't keep taking massive subsidies and only present one side

It's supposed to. Wasn't the left that kept screaming we needed to have some checks and balances? If you don't respect our Constitution and how this nation governs, then get the hell out of my country!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government."
Patrick Henry

“I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” – Thomas Jefferson

It's supposed to. Wasn't the left that kept screaming we needed to have some checks and balances? If you don't respect our Constitution and how this nation governs, then get the hell out of my country!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government."
Patrick Henry

“I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” – Thomas Jefferson
The left only wants checks and balances when its someone else's power being checked and balanced. When its theirs, they want no such limitations.

Still noting that no liberal has voiced any disgust over this opinion, only attacking the the op.

why?

b/c you're all worthless and fully agree that the Constitution is in the way of government control.

What is it with conservatives and their paranoia about "government control"? They go on and on about government control being a "bad thing" and yet they supported the draft which is government control at it's most intrusive. The problem with conservatives is that they want government control for the things THEY believe in, but not the ones they don't. Government controlling abortion is a good thing, to conservatives, but governments forbidding racial discrimination is a bad thing. You can't suck and blow at the same time. Either you favour individual rights, in which case, women should have the right to decide whether or not to have a baby, or you're a hypocrite.

The Constitution is not perfect. Even the founding fathers knew that. That's why they put in an means for amending it. Liberals here are prepared to acknowledge that and have taken this opportunity to discuss things that could or should be changed, like equal rights for women.

Conservatives, who resist change, won't even discuss it.

why?

What is it with conservatives and their paranoia about "government control"? They go on and on about government control being a "bad thing" and yet they supported the draft which is government control at it's most intrusive. The problem with conservatives is that they want government control for the things THEY believe in, but not the ones they don't. Government controlling abortion is a good thing, to conservatives, but governments forbidding racial discrimination is a bad thing. You can't suck and blow at the same time. Either you favour individual rights, in which case, women should have the right to decide whether or not to have a baby, or you're a hypocrite.

The Constitution is not perfect. Even the founding fathers knew that. That's why they put in an means for amending it. Liberals here are prepared to acknowledge that and have taken this opportunity to discuss things that could or should be changed, like equal rights for women.

Women don't have equal rights? WTF are you talking about?

why?

I'm still trying to see where the democrats were when it came down to ending slavery and racial discrimination? I know a Colorado and Washington both passed that marijuana law, but what sort of history books have they been reading?

Last edited:

why?

What is it with conservatives and their paranoia about "government control"? They go on and on about government control being a "bad thing" and yet they supported the draft which is government control at it's most intrusive.

Democrats are the only ones I've noticed calling for the draft to be re-instated.

why?

What is it with conservatives and their paranoia about "government control"? They go on and on about government control being a "bad thing" and yet they supported the draft which is government control at it's most intrusive.

Democrats are the only ones I've noticed calling for the draft to be re-instated.

Democrats and Republicans have been the issue of government control no longer an issue. It is reality. You live in a police state. The government surveils you in public and in private. They read your emails and listen to your phone conversations. They will lock you in a fucking cage if you drink a beer while mowing your lawn, drive without a seatbelt, smoke a plant in the privacy of your own home, don't want to own health insurance, don't send the government a percentage of your wages from labor (aka basically they own part of your time, part of you). Hell you can't even renounce your citizenship and leave the country without paying the Government money, or the good ole cage again. They can MAKE you go kill other people or be killed, or the cage again. They can execute you, but if you're lucky you'll just get the cage. They will even go to war and kill over 600,000 of you if you don't want to play the game anymore, subjects aren't free to leave (nor are slaves), citizens should be. Oh and if we go to war with someone, and you are of that nationality, ten cuidado, you might end up in a cage. Arigato.

It is the Killer B's that are hurting us. I'm on the run.

"B for Belief. B for Belonging. The B's that lead to most of the killing in the world. If you don't Belong among us, then you're our inferior, or our enemy, or both; and you can't Belong with us unless you Believe what we Believe. Maybe not even then, but it certainly helps. Our religion, our party, our tribe, our town, our school, our race, our nation. Believe. Belong. Behave. Or Be dammed."
"But human beings have--"
"A need to belong somewhere, to believe in something? Yeah, sister -- if I may still call you that-- they seem to. It's virtually genetic. I'm on guard against it, an it still overtakes me. The concern is that we may annihilate ourselves before we can evolve, or mutate, beyond it; but you may rest assured that, even if we survive, as long as we're driven to Belong and Believe, we'll never be at peace, and we'll never be free."
"Ooh-la-la! That's crazy. A human who belongs to no group or believes in nothing? What kind of a robot, what lost animal? No longer human at all."

"In the sense that a frog is no longer a tadpole, you may be right. And it may never come to pass, or have to. We just might learn enough tolerance, and jettison enough fear and ego, to compensate. The neutral angels could prevail: neutral victory being a particularly intriguing oxymoron. In the meantime, though, Sister--if I may still call you that--can't you hear them buzzing? Listen to the swarm that Be-lief and Be-longing have Be-got. B-boundaries. B-borderlines. B-blood B-bonds. B-blood B-brothers. B-bloodlust. B-bloodbath. B-bloody B-bloody. B-bang B-bang. B-boom B-boom. B-blast. B-bludgeon. B-batter. B-blow up. B-bomb. B-butcher. B-break. B-blindside. B-bushwhack. Be-head. B-blackball. Be-tray. B-bullets. B-blades. B-booby traps. B-bazookas. B-bayonets. B-brute force. B-barbarism. B-babylon. B-babel. Be-elzebub. Be-etlejuice. B-bureaucracy. B-bagpipes. B-beanie B-babies.
"Beanie Babies? The kiddie stuffed toys?"

Uh, sorry, that just slipped in. And, obvously, there're good things that begin with B, too. Bee-r, for example. B-biscuits. The Be-atles. B-Broadway. B-beinas."
"Bei----?"
He wasn't about to explain that beina was the Catalonian for, as Audubon Poe put it, a woman's treasure. So, he threw in triumphantly, as if he'd been saving it for last, "The B-ible."
"So, you do think the Bible a good thing?"
"Umm. Well. To be-labor my apiarian analogy: the honey that's dipped from that busy hive can be sweet and nourishing, or it can be hallucinogenic and deadly. All too frequently, the latter is confused with the former. Dip with caution. Reader be-ware."

Women do not have equal rights under the Constitution of the United States. The ERA was passed by both Houses of Congress in 1972 and went to the state legislatures for ratification. The ERA failed to receive the requisite number of ratifications before the final deadline mandated by Congress of June 30, 1982 expired, and so it died.

The ERA was adamantly opposed by conservatives who fought it vigorously, and who told women that if it passed, they would be drafted into military service. The Republican Party assured women that they would "take care of them". It makes me angry just thinking about it.

Women do not have equal rights under the Constitution of the United States. The ERA was passed by both Houses of Congress in 1972 and went to the state legislatures for ratification. The ERA failed to receive the requisite number of ratifications before the final deadline mandated by Congress of June 30, 1982 expired, and so it died.

The ERA was adamantly opposed by conservatives who fought it vigorously, and who told women that if it passed, they would be drafted into military service. The Republican Party assured women that they would "take care of them". It makes me angry just thinking about it.

It is unbalanced on both sides of the scales. This is what happens when everyone turns to government for their decisions and rules.

Forum List

Back