NY Post Cartoon: Racist?

And there you have, it the arguement ends up with people saying "I dont care what you think".

That is exactly what the "race card" line means.

You people say it when you want to dismiss racism that the black community brings to the public attention.

Got racism?

No, its annoying how the "black community" turns everything to racism, like every other race owes them something because they had been enslaved for so many years. History lesson... all races have been enslaved. And one more thing, the term "black community" offends me because i feel like I'm being discriminated for not being black, so...yea, you're racist

So you are annoyed by black people who point out racism when they see it?

Do you see a pattern here folks.

Some dont want blacks to ever bring up racism.

How the hell can we end it if black people are called liars every time they try to fight racism?

I'm not agreeing with the post you responded to, but just because people don't see that cartoon as racist it doesn't mean they are calling black people liars. You are allowed to disagree with someone without thinking he or she is a liar.

I was talking about the people here and RM who owns the paper who have called the people who are protesting the cartoon fakers. They are saying they are really not offended and just want attention.

I am white and I found it offense, Most black Americans found it offensive. Now assholes are claiming they have no right to be offended and are further adding insult to injury.

Go read the thread.

People seem to think no one can really be offended. I WAS!

I was talking about the people here and RM who owns the paper who have called the people who are protesting the cartoon fakers. They are saying they are really not offended and just want attention.

I am white and I found it offense, Most black Americans found it offensive. Now assholes are claiming they have no right to be offended and are further adding insult to injury.

Go read the thread.

People seem to think no one can really be offended. I WAS!

the only liar here is you.
no one has said that people don't have a right to be offended. no one has called those who are offended liars. i can't decide if you're too stupid to read the printed word or you're incapable of honesty. either way, i'm glad i'm not you. this is what RM had to say about it, asshole. fell free to point out where he calls those offended "fakers".

"As the Chairman of the New York Post, I am ultimately responsible for what is printed in its pages. The buck stops with me.

Last week, we made a mistake. We ran a cartoon that offended many people. Today I want to personally apologize to any reader who felt offended, and even insulted.

Over the past couple of days, I have spoken to a number of people and I now better understand the hurt this cartoon has caused. At the same time, I have had conversations with Post editors about the situation and I can assure you - without a doubt - that the only intent of that cartoon was to mock a badly written piece of legislation. It was not meant to be racist, but unfortunately, it was interpreted by many as such.

We all hold the readers of the New York Post in high regard and I promise you that we will seek to be more attuned to the sensitivities of our community."

STATEMENT FROM RUPERT MURDOCH - New York Post

No one is saying you dont have the right to be offended.

I am however saying that im am so SICK about everything being about race.

Its not racist for BET...BHM...or all black colleges...but it would be if we have
WET..WHM...or all white colleges...

You dont think Blacks are sick of seeing racism?

How the hell do we stop it if we are not allowed to point it out without people screaming "race card" every time the bad behavior is pointed out?

I did not know this cartoon was racist until Al Sharpton told me it was so. :rolleyes:

Maybe because you dont see your own racism.

Should Mr Sharpton have to ask the right for permission to be offended from now on?

You have no sense of humor.

No I did not equate this cartoon with racism until uncle Al started bellyaching about it. Seriously. Although I do see uncle Al as a black person insistent upon continually telling blacks that they are still victims.

Didn't this come out when a chimp nearly ripped apart a woman? I thought it was somehow pertaining to that. Not once did I think that the chimp was Obama. Even if that was the intention, why is it ok to portray Bush as a chimp but not Obama? Because Obama is black? Give me a fucking break. Chimp-like behavior is chimp-like behavior, regardless of color. Maybe next time they'll draw Obama as an anteater. Will that make you happy?

How the hell can we end it if black people are called liars every time they try to fight racism?

I'm annoyed when black people point out racism where it doesn't exist. Like with this cartoon.

No, its annoying how the "black community" turns everything to racism, like every other race owes them something because they had been enslaved for so many years.

Hmmm, no, I remember last week there were several things they didn't turn into racism.

When you have a history of calling black people monkeys to infer they are more closely related to the moneky than to us, and then you print a cartoon with a monkey (chimp) being shot and infer that he wrote Obama's stimulus plan,................................

come on.:cuckoo:

Also, were any other races or nationalities brought here as slaves?:doubt:

I'm annoyed when black people point out racism where it doesn't exist. Like with this cartoon.

Who is it who gets to deside what racism is?

YOU ACT like WHITE people NO DAYS are responcible for things that happened SOO long ago. It has nothing to do with people now!!

I think its time to get over the "race card" and start getting on with things that are more important.

NOT EVERYTHING is racist.

No, its annoying how the "black community" turns everything to racism, like every other race owes them something because they had been enslaved for so many years.

Hmmm, no, I remember last week there were several things they didn't turn into racism.

When you have a history of calling black people monkeys to infer they are more closely related to the moneky than to us, and then you print a cartoon with a monkey (chimp) being shot and infer that he wrote Obama's stimulus plan,................................

come on.:cuckoo:

Also, were any other races or nationalities brought here as slaves?:doubt:

whites and natives were both enslaved in colonial america. read some history.

who is this "you" you keep talking about?

YOU ACT like WHITE people NO DAYS are responcible for things that happened SOO long ago. It has nothing to do with people now!!

I think its time to get over the "race card" and start getting on with things that are more important.

Should the Jews JUST get Over the holocost too?

You dont think Blacks are sick of seeing racism?

How the hell do we stop it if we are not allowed to point it out without people screaming "race card" every time the bad behavior is pointed out?

Start with getting rid of things like the united negro college fund they dont go to college they skip and go to pro ball anyway and then jail.

ROTFLMWAO .... :eusa_whistle:

Should the Jews JUST get Over the holocost too?

Living in the past helps nothing ...

And there you have, it the arguement ends up with people saying "I dont care what you think".

That is exactly what the "race card" line means.

You people say it when you want to dismiss racism that the black community brings to the public attention.

Got racism?

No, its annoying how the "black community" turns everything to racism, like every other race owes them something because they had been enslaved for so many years. History lesson... all races have been enslaved. And one more thing, the term "black community" offends me because i feel like I'm being discriminated for not being black, so...yea, you're racist

The true pattern is that whenever a black person is offended or wants their way, they cry out racism, in fact its any race for that matter. There will always be racism, just face the fact. I'm truely not racist, but I am logical. aparently you arent.

Im not saying that what happened to black people was horrible. Because IT WAS. It was a disgusting display of American History...but its over. I would never want anything like that to happen to anyone...but ITS OVER..Find me a former slave of the civil war thats still ALIVE...and I will apologize for my ignorence...but theres not one. And it happened so long ago.

No the Jewish community that did go through (and are still alive) shold not just get over it...There are few holocaust survivors....and i would never say that what they went through should just be forgotton...

BUT on the other hand...there not pulling out the race card every 5 seconds....

Just try and say something about the current government of Isreal that is not flattering and see what happens.

Nas_Nigger_Shirt.jpg

http://urbangrounds.com/2008/02/11/nas-kelis-******-shirts/

I dont see blacks protesting this! Like I said as long as it (race) benefits them they will use it take it away and the problem goes with it.

Amen to Pete...although I do not agree with the whole then they go to jail (I do know and am friends with very educated polite black people) but the rest ill agree to.

Forum List

Back