NY Post Cartoon: Racist?

RACE CARD????????

Look you taintwallow , that is a racists way out of NOT facing the FACT that this cartoon DID offend people.

Now that they are offended you call them LIARS.

If you used this same tact when someone said your wife looked like a whale you would not be married for long huh?

Please do me a favor and reread your reply. It reeks of ignorance. I can smell it through my computer. Now "taintwallow", racism would be defined as "the hatred of one person by another, or the belief that another person is less than human because of skin color, language, customs, place of birth or any factor that supposedly reveals the basic nature of that person." Nowhere in this political cartoon does the cartoonist mention any form of race. Chimps are humans' closest relatives, yet they are not as intelligent. Congress passes a ridiculous "stimulus" bill, which was not intelligent at all. Now... wouldn't be logical to, hmm, use a chimp to portray the lack of intelligence? So yes, put away the race race card. And if it offends you, buy a box of tissues.

If you are truely unaware of the racial sterotype of black people being compared to the great apes then you are not qualified to speak on the issue of race relations. If this is not a referance to Obama then why does the Right persist in calling this the Obama spending bill?

Your dishonesty is showing.

It is indeed an obama spending bill, because he pushed for it to be passed . BUT WHO WRITES THE BILLS PRESENTED TO THE PRESIDENT? And I'm quite aware of racial stereotypes, but your ignoring logic. Congress wrote the bill, thats who this guy is insulting.

If I call you hysterical, am I being sexist? If I say Del is a Paddy, am I being racist? I don't think so. I think you can legitimately criticize your own gender or ethnic equals without being considered racist or sexist.

So now if one woman calls another woman fat now she's not anti-feminist? That's what catz said the other day and you agreed with her.

I think you have to acknowledge that some women do hate women and some Irish do hate the Irish. How is one to know the difference between you and a someone who is being facetious if they don't know you?

Last edited:
There has been a white caucus for the entire countrys exsistance.

There is no "white" caucus

nor a "white" Miss America..

nor a "white" College Fund...

nor a "white" college....

nor a "white" Entertainment Network

etc....

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Jon
And there you have, it the arguement ends up with people saying "I dont care what you think".

That is exactly what the "race card" line means.

You people say it when you want to dismiss racism that the black community brings to the public attention.

Got racism?

No, its annoying how the "black community" turns everything to racism, like every other race owes them something because they had been enslaved for so many years. History lesson... all races have been enslaved. And one more thing, the term "black community" offends me because i feel like I'm being discriminated for not being black, so...yea, you're racist

Personally, I thought the cartoon was funny and did not see any racial undertones in it.

Of course you didn't. You belong to a Party that is overwhelmingly white and male.

I have no idea if it was intentionally racist. Only the artist knows in his heart if he is a racist.

What it was, was racially insenstive. Every single person in this country with an IQ over 40, knows the history behind depictions of black people as savage apes, and primates. There's not a single person in this country that isn't aware of the ugly history of that sort of bias against black people, and how that bias was systematically used to degrade them and dehumanize them.

Actually, I don't affiliate myself with the Republican party nor any other party.

The reason why I thought the cartoon was funny was because I perceived the chimpanzee to be a generic person (or animal in this case) that wrote the stimulus plan and not our President who happens to be a black man. I do not see any racism in the cartoon if it is viewed this way because the person it depicts is not a specific person. Now if the chimpanzee had distinguishing characteristics of Barack Obama (like this picture below of Bush II as the boogieman) than I would have seen it as racist.

george-bush-cartoon.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: del
as long as we believe in these kinds of double standards racism will persist,,
If I call you hysterical, am I being sexist? If I say Del is a Paddy, am I being racist? I don't think so. I think you can legitimately criticize your own gender or ethnic equals without being considered racist or sexist.

I get your point but racism is a little different,, a hotly debated issue as you can see. IMHO we as a society should set the standards and everybody should live with them.. I don't agree with the term "NIg***" I think it is racist when a white person says it and it is racist when a black person says it.. If the word is unacceptable then it is flat out unacceptable.. That should be the high standard we set for ourselves. I am equally offended at bush being called a chimp as I am with obama being called a chimp, in both instances it is an effort to demean another human being and if we truly want to put racism aside we won't quibble and differentiate between who has what rights to offend..
I know what you mean but I don't agree with you. I think one group of people stereotyping themselves is different than one group of people stereotyping other groups.

Interestingly, Bush never belonged to a group that was compared in a racially negative way to chimps, so I don't find that comparison offensive any more than I would find someone comparing Clinton to a chimp offensive.

While I was looking for an ethnic slur to call Del, I found an interesting website about the Irish. Seems they used to compared to monkeys, too.

monkeysirishLG.jpg

So now if one woman calls another woman fat now she's not anti-feminist? That's what catz said the other day and you agreed with her.

I think you have to acknowledge that some women do hate women and some Irish do hate the Irish. How is one to know the difference between you and a someone who is being facetious if they don't know you?
If you make a habit of it, as you pointed out in your post above, it certainly could be considered anti-feminist. But that's a good point, some people are self-loathing but I think they have bigger problems than being labeled racist or sexist.

overwhelmingly white and male ?????

Just WHAT party is not overwhelmingly white and male.....???

I get your point but racism is a little different,, a hotly debated issue as you can see. IMHO we as a society should set the standards and everybody should live with them.. I don't agree with the term "NIg***" I think it is racist when a white person says it and it is racist when a black person says it.. If the word is unacceptable then it is flat out unacceptable.. That should be the high standard we set for ourselves. I am equally offended at bush being called a chimp as I am with obama being called a chimp, in both instances it is an effort to demean another human being and if we truly want to put racism aside we won't quibble and differentiate between who has what rights to offend..
I know what you mean but I don't agree with you. I think one group of people stereotyping themselves is different than one group of people stereotyping other groups.

Interestingly, Bush never belonged to a group that was compared in a racially negative way to chimps, so I don't find that comparison offensive any more than I would find someone comparing Clinton to a chimp offensive.

While I was looking for an ethnic slur to call Del, I found an interesting website about the Irish. Seems they used to compared to monkeys, too.

monkeysirishLG.jpg

bog trotter is my personal favorite, but mackerel snapper's pretty good, too.
my great grandfather had to hire a strawman to buy his house back in the day, because they wouldn't sell to the irish.

a couple of years ago, some people got all up in arms because there was a paddywagon in the 4th of july parade. honest. talk about going around looking for things to be offended by. :lol:

monkeysirishLG.jpg

SOB ... I demand an apology and I want you FIRED!!!!!

my great grandfather had to hire a strawman to buy his house back in the day, because they wouldn't sell to the irish.

a couple of years ago, some people got all up in arms because there was a paddywagon in the 4th of july parade. honest. talk about going around looking for things to be offended by. :lol:
That's a riot. I always thought mackerel snapper was more of a religious slur? My auntie will tear out anyone's eyes that makes that crack.

An Irish 7 course dinner ..... a six pack an a spud.

Note : I haven't a drop of Irish blood in my veins. :tongue:

That's a riot. I always thought mackerel snapper was more of a religious slur? My auntie will tear out anyone's eyes that makes that crack.

What does it mean? :confused:

Either way, I am highly offended and I demand reparations! :D

i think you're right about that. my grandfather used to call my father a heron because he was scots- i never figured that one out. harp's another good one for irish as is the ever popular mick.

What does it mean? :confused:

Either way, I am highly offended and I demand reparations! :D

They eat fish on friday, I suppose.

Reparations?? Suddenly I just remembered my dear old grandma from Blarney.

i think you're right about that. my grandfather used to call my father a heron because he was scots- i never figured that one out. harp's another good one for irish as is the ever popular mick.
heron = scrawney bare legs sticking out from a kilt?

Yes, according to wiki it's more of a religious thing.

Mackerel Snapper, or Mackeral Snapper, is a sectarian slur for Roman Catholics, originating in the U.S. in the 1850s and referring to the pre-Vatican II custom of Friday abstinence.[1] The Friday abstinence from meat (red meat and poultry) distinguished Catholics from other Christians, especially in North America, where Protestant churches prevailed and Catholics tended to be poor immigrants from Italy and Ireland.

Mackerel Snapper - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And there you have, it the arguement ends up with people saying "I dont care what you think".

That is exactly what the "race card" line means.

You people say it when you want to dismiss racism that the black community brings to the public attention.

Got racism?

No, its annoying how the "black community" turns everything to racism, like every other race owes them something because they had been enslaved for so many years. History lesson... all races have been enslaved. And one more thing, the term "black community" offends me because i feel like I'm being discriminated for not being black, so...yea, you're racist

So you are annoyed by black people who point out racism when they see it?

Do you see a pattern here folks.

Some dont want blacks to ever bring up racism.

How the hell can we end it if black people are called liars every time they try to fight racism?

Forum List

Back