NY Post Cartoon: Racist?

Where did I ever say it was right?

Go back and find where I condoned it.

YOU are the one condoning this racism so dont try and change the subject.

Personally, I thought the cartoon was funny and did not see any racial undertones in it.

Of course you didn't. You belong to a Party that is overwhelmingly white and male.

I have no idea if it was intentionally racist. Only the artist knows in his heart if he is a racist.

What it was, was racially insenstive. Every single person in this country with an IQ over 40, knows the history behind depictions of black people as savage apes, and primates. There's not a single person in this country that isn't aware of the ugly history of that sort of bias against black people, and how that bias was systematically used to degrade them and dehumanize them.

would you as a leftist be willing to address the racism shown toward Rice and Powell? so far not a single leftist has done so..

no one is talking about you asshole,, we are talking to and about Ravi. since she was the only one so far willing to say one way or another,,

oh! you are like obama,, never ever heard of it..:lol:
So you couldn't find anything about a house ****** or aunt jemmie...why am I not surprised?

you can find it pretty easily, aCTUALLY

Radio host who called Condoleeza Rice 'Aunt Jemima' criticized | Article from AP Worldstream | HighBeam Research

Black News

i don't think it was all that widespread and most people took exception to it, regardless of their politics. at least, i'd like to think so.
Thanks. I agree, that wasn't very nice. Was it racist? I dunno... As for Belafonte...I don't think what he said was racist.

Saying people are acting like caricatures doesn't always equate racism.

no one is talking about you asshole,, we are talking to and about Ravi. since she was the only one so far willing to say one way or another,,

I answered you fool and this is a chat site.

Why do you ALWAYS think you have the right to tell people when they can talk?

You dont get to deside when someone else should be offended or not.

This was offensive and like a partisan asswink you can ONLY see it on one side.

Here is the point. YOU dont get to deside if someone else is offended or not.

And YOU don't get to decide if something is racist or not. The artist apologized, AND he said he did not intend for the cartoon to be racist. Case closed, go fuck yourself.

And I say hes a lying piecve of shit.

You seem to think those that were offended are all lying.

:rofl:

you are indeed the queen of unintended irony.
thanks for the laugh

• Thanks
Reactions: Jon

I didn't tell you you couldn't talk,, I just said you are an idiot and we weren't talking to you so no answer from you is required.. so I don't gotta show you jack shit..your ass offends me...

And YOU don't get to decide if something is racist or not. The artist apologized, AND he said he did not intend for the cartoon to be racist. Case closed, go fuck yourself.

Oh, so WE don't get to decide if something is offensive or not, but YOU get to decide what someone else intended when he drew a picture?

Go away, you're a fucking fool.

clap2.gif

Oh, so WE don't get to decide if something is offensive or not, but YOU get to decide what someone else intended when he drew a picture?

The most truthful statement of the day.. :clap2:

• Thanks
Reactions: Jon
So you couldn't find anything about a house ****** or aunt jemmie...why am I not surprised?

Radio host who called Condoleeza Rice 'Aunt Jemima' criticized | Article from AP Worldstream | HighBeam Research

Black News

i don't think it was all that widespread and most people took exception to it, regardless of their politics. at least, i'd like to think so.
Thanks. I agree, that wasn't very nice. Was it racist? I dunno... As for Belafonte...I don't think what he said was racist.

fair enough, but i think some people would consider calling a black woman aunt jemima or a black man a house n*gger racist. i would, for example.

Black News

fair enough, but i think some people would consider calling a black woman aunt jemima or a black man a house n*gger racist. i would, for example.
If that's true, and Obama is the chimp full of bullet holes, the cartoon is racist.

I have a hard time agreeing that a black man calling another black man a house ****** is racist.

I can't make up my mind on the Aunt Jemima question. I certainly wouldn't say something like that.

Your side is claiming those who say they are offended are lying: fact

I say this guy who drew it cant be so stupid as to really think NO ONE would see it as racist. He is trying to save his fucking job so he lied.

Now you can call all black people + the others like me who also think it racist even though I'm not black are all just lying but it is very clear that you chose to believe one asshole trying to save his job instead of ....oh ....lets say....... 60% of the population.

If that's true, and Obama is the chimp full of bullet holes, the cartoon is racist.

I have a hard time agreeing that a black man calling another black man a house ****** is racist.

I can't make up my mind on the Aunt Jemima question. I certainly wouldn't say something like that.

as long as we believe in these kinds of double standards racism will persist,,

Forum List

Back