Nugent Blames Sandy Hook Shooting On Spiritually Bankrupt/Politically Correct Society

oh I see Mr. Nugent. Society is to blame.
It wasn't the shooter's fault. It was EVERYONE's fault.

Mr. Nugent is displaying a shoicking failure to accept personal responsibility for one's own actions and the failure to expect others to accept theirs ....

interesting concept.

The shooter was to blame for maybe the first three he shot.

After that, it's the fault of the progressive morons who determined children aren't worth protecting on schoolgrounds, and who decided to test the theory that an unarmed society is a safe society by pulling all meaningful protection from school yards first.

We look at it this way..there's virtually no crime in those areas, and we are able to leave our doors unlocked and the keys in the car...because we are armed.

I've lived in rural areas all my life. I was raised in households where guns were kept by every door, under the beds, in the closets. We all had guns..and we had guns in our cars.

Trust me, we aren't scared.

I lived seventeen years in a small community in Alaska, never locked my doors and left my car keys in the ignition...they knew everyone up there owns at least one gun or more not only for personal protection but from wild critters that ventured into your yard..

I bet they cheered when they heard this fat ass commie speak..maybe he'll make another crockmentary that they can go pay him for his wisdom all the while he takes their money to the bank

SNIP:
Michael Moore: Americans’ desire to own guns stems from racial fears

8:03 PM 12/20
Friday night, on the heels of last week’s mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary in Newtown, Conn., the left-leaning Current TV is planning to air progressive filmmaker Michael Moore’s ten-year-old Columbine documentary “Bowling for Columbine,” with Moore revisiting the film to accuse American gun-owners of being motivated by racial fears.

Gun ownership, Moore said, “cuts down to the heart of our race problem that we still haven’t resolved.”

all of it here
Read more: Michael Moore: American desire to own guns stems from racism | The Daily Caller

Well, there more to what he said. I have no problem with this excerpt:

"I think we’re a very frightened people,” Moore said. “I think we’ve been frightened ever since we landed on these shores. We were frightened of the native people.; we were frightened of the slaves we brought over, as we should have been. And those in power have known how to manipulate us with fear. And we’ve started wars over being told lies about, you know — whether it was in the Spanish-American War, the Mexican-American War. You can go through so many of these wars we’ve been in throughout history — right up through the Iraq War — where we’re just lied to because those in power knew if they just put enough fear out there. And the best kind of fear is the one that has the kernel of truth, so you have 9/11 happened — that’s a real incident, nearly 3,000 people lose their lives. Very easy at that point to use that fact in a way to tell a fiction.”

I somewhat disagree with this excerpt:
"“And I was fascinated in that subject when making ‘Bowling for Columbine,’ of how fear is used to the point where everybody feels like they’ve got to have a gun in the house. Now, not every house has a gun but we’ve got over a quarter-billion guns in people’s homes. And they’re mostly in the suburbs and rural areas where there is virtually no crime and no murder. So why is that? What are they really afraid of? What do they think of — who’s going to break into the house? Do they think it’s little freckled-face Jimmy down the street? I don’t think so. I don’t think that’s who they’re afraid of. And it cuts down to the heart of our race problem that we still haven’t resolved. And I thought it would be interesting to take a look at that in the movie.”

Read more: Michael Moore: American desire to own guns stems from racism | The Daily Caller
"

I don't think that racial fears are the sole reason for gun ownership, I think that there are a variety of factors and reasons for people's desire to own firearms.

fine and he is free to say whatever he wants, not that I listen to blowhard as much as the left obsesses over Nugent...jeeze

I think that they are both blowhards for the most part, they are just on the opposite end of the spectrum. I don't think that the left "obsesses" over Nugent, I think that he puts those stupid statements out there in order to garner some publicity and trigger a reaction from "the left". I do find it funny that Nugent is suddenly talking about "morals" and that he is this "right wing" type of "war hawk" when in reality he is a chicken-hawk who allegedly went to a very weird extreme to avoid military service when it was his time to serve His country. He fits in well with the limbaugh, boortz, hannity, savage, bill cunnningham (the great american), Levin et al.

We look at it this way..there's virtually no crime in those areas, and we are able to leave our doors unlocked and the keys in the car...because we are armed.

I've lived in rural areas all my life. I was raised in households where guns were kept by every door, under the beds, in the closets. We all had guns..and we had guns in our cars.

We also have dogs that are protective, and which will keep you in your car until you're invited out.

Trust me, we aren't scared. We work hard for what we have, and we protect it, and in the country, everybody knows this. We are respectful of each other, of each others' property. Our land is not your land...when you open the gate, you are there only because we want you there.

I pretty much grew up like that living in eastern Long Island.

Well, there more to what he said. I have no problem with this excerpt:

"I think we’re a very frightened people,” Moore said. “I think we’ve been frightened ever since we landed on these shores. We were frightened of the native people.; we were frightened of the slaves we brought over, as we should have been. And those in power have known how to manipulate us with fear. And we’ve started wars over being told lies about, you know — whether it was in the Spanish-American War, the Mexican-American War. You can go through so many of these wars we’ve been in throughout history — right up through the Iraq War — where we’re just lied to because those in power knew if they just put enough fear out there. And the best kind of fear is the one that has the kernel of truth, so you have 9/11 happened — that’s a real incident, nearly 3,000 people lose their lives. Very easy at that point to use that fact in a way to tell a fiction.”

I somewhat disagree with this excerpt:
"“And I was fascinated in that subject when making ‘Bowling for Columbine,’ of how fear is used to the point where everybody feels like they’ve got to have a gun in the house. Now, not every house has a gun but we’ve got over a quarter-billion guns in people’s homes. And they’re mostly in the suburbs and rural areas where there is virtually no crime and no murder. So why is that? What are they really afraid of? What do they think of — who’s going to break into the house? Do they think it’s little freckled-face Jimmy down the street? I don’t think so. I don’t think that’s who they’re afraid of. And it cuts down to the heart of our race problem that we still haven’t resolved. And I thought it would be interesting to take a look at that in the movie.”

"

I don't think that racial fears are the sole reason for gun ownership, I think that there are a variety of factors and reasons for people's desire to own firearms.

fine and he is free to say whatever he wants, not that I listen to blowhard as much as the left obsesses over Nugent...jeeze

I think that they are both blowhards for the most part, they are just on the opposite end of the spectrum. I don't think that the left "obsesses" over Nugent, I think that he puts those stupid statements out there in order to garner some publicity and trigger a reaction from "the left". I do find it funny that Nugent is suddenly talking about "morals" and that he is this "right wing" type of "war hawk" when in reality he is a chicken-hawk who allegedly went to a very weird extreme to avoid military service when it was his time to serve His country. He fits in well with the limbaugh, boortz, hannity, savage, bill cunnningham (the great american), Levin et al.

I didn't see anything stupid in what Nugent as much as I did Moore..
but they are both free to speak their mind

Mr. Nugent is displaying a shoicking failure to accept personal responsibility for one's own actions and the failure to expect others to accept theirs ....

interesting concept.

That is pretty interesting. Imagine how the folks who are praising Nugent for blaming it on "society" , would respond to a Black guy who blamed all of his problems on "society".

interesting concept.

That is pretty interesting. Imagine how the folks who are praising Nugent for blaming it on "society" , would respond to a Black guy who blamed all of his problems on "society".

and you don't think our society has went to hell?
when you accept the killing of children through abortion as nothing, you sure aren't a upstanding Society

The shooter was to blame for maybe the first three he shot.

After that, it's the fault of the progressive morons who determined children aren't worth protecting on schoolgrounds, and who decided to test the theory that an unarmed society is a safe society by pulling all meaningful protection from school yards first.

He was to blame for the whole incident, he went there perpetrated that heinous crime. Even if there was one guard there to confront him, if the perp had the jump on the guard, the guard would just have been one more vicitm.

Can you be more specific with this: "who decided to test the theory that an unarmed society is a safe society by pulling all meaningful protection from school yards first."?

I didn't see anything stupid in what Nugent as much as I did Moore..
but they are both free to speak their mind

I believe in the First Amendment as much as I believe in the Second Amendment and the rest of the "Bill of Rights". I thought that "conservatives" concentrate on the individual and not groups? If "society" is so bad, why are murders decreasing? What about the idea of personal responsibility. The shooter wasn't a kid, he was 20 years old and an adult.

interesting concept.

and you don't think our society has went to hell?
when you accept the killing of children through abortion as nothing, you sure aren't a upstanding Society

No, I don't think that Our society has gone to hell. I don't like some of the directions Our society has taken but I also am happy with some of the direction Our society has evolved to. I am not an "abortion advocate", I think that it's tragic when it happens, but who am I to tell a woman what to do with her body?

Do you think that you are an upstanding individual? if so, remember that Individuals make up Our society.

Mr. Nugent is displaying a shocking failure to accept personal responsibility for one's own actions and the failure to expect others to accept theirs ....

interesting concept.

EXACTLY.

Hypocrisy.

And it's exactly the way rascism works - "one of us says it, we love it. One of "them" says it, we trash 'em."

It's nice that conservatives cuddle up to a man that throat fucked a 12 year old girl.

Cool beans.

who the hell is cuddling up with this person?
You Democrats don't just cuddle up with someone who fucks interns as young as his daughter, YOU ELECT them to office

now really gives us all a damn break, Nugent is as free to say what he wants as any of you on this board

There's a huge difference between a 12 year old and a 19 year old.

And no Nugent cannot say what he wants. Threatening the President should have landed his shit encrusted ass in jail.

It's nice that conservatives cuddle up to a man that throat fucked a 12 year old girl.

Cool beans.

You Democrats don't just cuddle up with someone who fucks interns as young as his daughter, YOU ELECT them to office

now really gives us all a damn break, Nugent is as free to say what he wants as any of you on this board

And no Nugent cannot say what he wants. Threatening the President should have landed his shit encrusted ass in jail.

Disagree - no one takes what he says seriously. How can you?
We don't jail people for being an attention whore.

Replace right-wing with left-wing and everything you said is true.

I don't get emails from leftists with the latest lies, do you? I don't see the exact same leftist "story" repeated umpteen times in new threads here, do you? Whenever MSNBC comes up with a leftist spin to a story, I don't see it replicated on Google page after page after page of websites within an hour or so, do you?

you have never seen a Dean ,Chris or LaKota thread?.......

How could you possibly leave TDM out of that list?

Immie

Threatening the President is against the law.

Threatening the President is against the law.

I don't think anyone viewed it as a serious threat

Forum List

Back