Florida Professor claims Sandy Hook Shooting a hoax

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Mustang, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Mustang

Mustang Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    39° 44 mins 21 secs N, 104° 59 mins 5 secs W
    Ratings:
    +1,792
    I heard about this. My reaction? I guess my immediate reaction is a continuation of something that has been increasingly obvious to me in the last few years. There are a LOT of crazy people in the world. Now, I don't know if "Professor" James Tracy really believes this nonsense or if he's just looking for attention. I suppose both things could be true. But rest assured there are enough crazy people in this country who will take this seriously in much the same way that there are receptive people out there for EVERY wackadoodle theory from the truthers to the birthers and every other conspiracy under the sun. Now, ask yourself this question. In light of this knowledge, aren't you the least bit concerned about the wide availability of firearms of all kinds in this country?

2. jwoodie

jwoodie Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,905
    Non-issue/non-story.

3. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist Deplorable Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,683
    The Gulf of Tonkin incident was staged, Robert McNamara admitted it when he visited Vietnam in the 90's.

Fast and Furious was staged to undermine the 2nd Amendment.

But no, Sandy Hook could NEVER be staged. That's completely outside the realm of possibility. ;)

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. OODA_Loop

OODA_Loop Account Terminated

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +523
    I suspect there is part of the politcal spectrum that would sacrifice 20 kids to disarm Joe Sixpack.

5. AmyNation

AmyNation Road Warrior Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,016
    I can't imagine the pain of losing my baby, having my grief watched by the world, and then hearing people talk about how her death was "staged". *shudder*

6. OODA_Loop

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +523
    I can't imagine using the death of my child to try and disarm another law abiding citizen.

7. Mustang

Mustang Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    39° 44 mins 21 secs N, 104° 59 mins 5 secs W
    Ratings:
    +1,792
    It's representative of the all too real tendency of some people to embrace irrational theories and ideas despite all evidence to the contrary. Furthermore, these irrational people who embrace conspiracy theories generally tend to summarily dismiss any and all evidence that doesn't comport with their beliefs even though those beliefs are not supported by the facts.

Now, maybe a fair number of these people (and by 'these people,' I mean irrational people) are relatively harmless. For the most part, many of these people can, and do, go about their daily lives without becoming dangerous in the process. But isn't the very fact that there are SO many irrational people walking around a good argument that firearms shouldn't be so readily available to the general public without a more thorough evaluation of potential gun owners' mental health and their ability to perceive reality?

8. OODA_Loop

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +523
    At least we have you to determine rationality.

9. AmyNation

AmyNation Road Warrior Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,016
    Really? You can't imagine the pain that would lead a parent to want to remove all guns from the world?

While I don't agree with recent attempts to use sandy hook to add to gun control, I can absolutely sympathize with those whose babies were gunned down wanting to make their deaths meaningful, and feeling like gun control is the way.

10. OODA_Loop

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +523
    Really.

But I can see your typical CT or CO liberal elite wanting to disarm without ever thinking of adressing the mentally ill or criminals.