Florida Professor claims Sandy Hook Shooting a hoax

Mustang

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2010
39° 44 mins 21 secs N, 104° 59 mins 5 secs W
I heard about this. My reaction? I guess my immediate reaction is a continuation of something that has been increasingly obvious to me in the last few years. There are a LOT of crazy people in the world. Now, I don't know if "Professor" James Tracy really believes this nonsense or if he's just looking for attention. I suppose both things could be true. But rest assured there are enough crazy people in this country who will take this seriously in much the same way that there are receptive people out there for EVERY wackadoodle theory from the truthers to the birthers and every other conspiracy under the sun. Now, ask yourself this question. In light of this knowledge, aren't you the least bit concerned about the wide availability of firearms of all kinds in this country?

BOCA RATON, Fla.- A South Florida professor's questions about the Newtown, Conn., elementary school massacre are creating a national controversy. It's not so much that FAU professor James Tracy doesn't believe the tragedy happened, but that he believes the national media isn't doing enough investigative reporting.

"The national media that descended on Newtown could have done a better job," Tracy said.

Tracy has taught at FAU for 10 years and is no stranger to controversy. He's questioned the JFK assassination, the Colorado movie theater massacre and now the tragedy at Sandy Hook.

MORE: Professor says massacre may have been faked

FL Professor claims Sandy Hook Shooting a hoax

The Gulf of Tonkin incident was staged, Robert McNamara admitted it when he visited Vietnam in the 90's.

Fast and Furious was staged to undermine the 2nd Amendment.

But no, Sandy Hook could NEVER be staged. That's completely outside the realm of possibility. ;)

I suspect there is part of the politcal spectrum that would sacrifice 20 kids to disarm Joe Sixpack.

I can't imagine the pain of losing my baby, having my grief watched by the world, and then hearing people talk about how her death was "staged". *shudder*

I can't imagine using the death of my child to try and disarm another law abiding citizen.

Non-issue/non-story.

It's representative of the all too real tendency of some people to embrace irrational theories and ideas despite all evidence to the contrary. Furthermore, these irrational people who embrace conspiracy theories generally tend to summarily dismiss any and all evidence that doesn't comport with their beliefs even though those beliefs are not supported by the facts.

Now, maybe a fair number of these people (and by 'these people,' I mean irrational people) are relatively harmless. For the most part, many of these people can, and do, go about their daily lives without becoming dangerous in the process. But isn't the very fact that there are SO many irrational people walking around a good argument that firearms shouldn't be so readily available to the general public without a more thorough evaluation of potential gun owners' mental health and their ability to perceive reality?

Non-issue/non-story.

It's representative of the all too real tendency of some people to embrace irrational theories and ideas despite all evidence to the contrary. Furthermore, these irrational people who embrace conspiracy theories generally tend to summarily dismiss any and all evidence that doesn't comport with their beliefs even though those beliefs are not supported by the facts.

Now, maybe a fair number of these people (and by 'these people,' I mean irrational people) are relatively harmless. For the most part, many of these people can, and do, go about their daily lives without becoming dangerous in the process. But isn't the very fact that there are SO many irrational people walking around a good argument that firearms shouldn't be so readily available to the general public without a more thorough evaluation of potential gun owners' mental health and their ability to perceive reality?

At least we have you to determine rationality.

I can't imagine the pain of losing my baby, having my grief watched by the world, and then hearing people talk about how her death was "staged". *shudder*

I can't imagine using the death of my child to try and disarm another law abiding citizen.

Really? You can't imagine the pain that would lead a parent to want to remove all guns from the world?

While I don't agree with recent attempts to use sandy hook to add to gun control, I can absolutely sympathize with those whose babies were gunned down wanting to make their deaths meaningful, and feeling like gun control is the way.

Really? You can't imagine the pain that would lead a parent to want to remove all guns from the world?

While I don't agree with recent attempts to use sandy hook to add to gun control, I can absolutely sympathize with those whose babies were gunned down wanting to make their deaths meaningful, and feeling like gun control is the way.

Really.

But I can see your typical CT or CO liberal elite wanting to disarm without ever thinking of adressing the mentally ill or criminals.

Non-issue/non-story.

At least we have you to determine rationality.

I'm not applying for the job. But I sure wouldn't want someone like Ted Nugent making the call.

Really.

But I can see your typical CT or CO liberal elite wanting to disarm without ever thinking of adressing the mentally ill or criminals.

Not a parent?

Really.

Not a parent?

Twice over.

Robert McNamara admits that he didn't know what happened in the Gulf of Tonkin. President Johnson used that incident as an excuse to increase America's involvement in Vietnam and the death of some 58,000 American Citizens.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weKmluVfrLE]Gulf of Tonkin Incident Robert Macnamara Visits Vietnam, Admits 11 9 1995 CNN - YouTube[/ame]

But no, the American gov't would NEVER lie about, or stage, a mass shooting at a school to use as a tool to "get what they want".

That's completely outside the realm of possibility. :rolleyes:

So you're simply not capable of empathy?

Empathy is blaming the inanimate object at the expense of the rights of others ?

Or understanding the wealth of pain that would drive someone to an incorrect conclusion.

I understand the pain which could drive someone to an incorrect conclusion.

It is when the pain is used, particularly by politicians, to advance and bring about those incorrect conclusions.

Forum List

Back