North Korea Attacks!

Well, hope on, hope ever. :eusa_drool: I see you are on the enemy side,

As for your idea about North Korean invaders here, you should know that Red Dawn was not a newsreel, it was just for entertainment!

Where did I say I was on North Korea's side.
You invented it, ie - lied.
I simply pointed out, America is the invading army and NK forces may well be ready for a strike on your home land if you attack theirs.

As for "red dawn", I assume it's a film but I've never seen it.

As for North Korean troops in the US, better than average chance as I'm pretty sure America has spies and so on over there.

As for an attack on America, I wouldn't like to see it because so many would die but, in the medium term, in may well be a good thing if a war was brought onto your doorstep.
Seeing your own children killed in a war may make you realise what a bunch of murderers your military are.

Like to admit it or not, American troops, CIA drone strikes/bombings and support for evil governments has killed thousands of kids in its wars since 1945 but you carry on because war is something on TV.

This is the common forum tactic I've named "First eat my shit, then we can talk." First the poster lays down an insult. THEN (it's always a man, I guess it's a male dominance tactic) he puts out several interesting points for discussion. The idea is to lure people in to first eat shit and thus submit to the insulter.

I've decided not to eat any more shit, however. If you are smart enough to be civil, we can talk. Otherwise, it's not going to be worth my bothering with you.

There is NOBODY on this forum who can possibly be in any doubt that you are an enemy of the United States! That's not an insult, that is obvious. What, did you think you were confusing people?? I have a certain tolerance for someone clearly identifying himself as an explicit enemy, though of course I don't like it. If you think you are fooling anyone, I very much doubt that you are.

Well, hope on, hope ever. :eusa_drool: I see you are on the enemy side,

As for your idea about North Korean invaders here, you should know that Red Dawn was not a newsreel, it was just for entertainment!

Where did I say I was on North Korea's side.
You invented it, ie - lied.
I simply pointed out, America is the invading army and NK forces may well be ready for a strike on your home land if you attack theirs.

As for "red dawn", I assume it's a film but I've never seen it.

As for North Korean troops in the US, better than average chance as I'm pretty sure America has spies and so on over there.

As for an attack on America, I wouldn't like to see it because so many would die but, in the medium term, in may well be a good thing if a war was brought onto your doorstep.
Seeing your own children killed in a war may make you realise what a bunch of murderers your military are.

Like to admit it or not, American troops, CIA drone strikes/bombings and support for evil governments has killed thousands of kids in its wars since 1945 but you carry on because war is something on TV.

So all those bodies go on America's ledger, huh? Nothing to do with people who attack us and then bravely cower behind women and children, huh?

We are not perfect - far from it. But if those who attack us want to square off with us in an open field - where civilian casualties could be eliminated - we'd be more than happy to oblige.

Interesting that you started your scoreboard after 1945 - which by coincidense is the last year anyone challenged us in an open field.

Last edited:
Since the North Koreans put a satellite into orbit last month it would not be beyond expectations that they could put a nuclear device into orbit. There are no surface to air missiles that can reach that high. All the North Koreans would have to do is wait for the orbit to go over their target and detonate it in space - causing a massive EMP. It could take decades to recover from such an attack as all power generating stations, sub-stations, and transformers in use at the time would be toast. In addition to that all electronics would be fried whether they were in use or not. No radio, internet, telephone, lights or power would be available to industry or citizenry.
According to Pentagon spokesman Richard Lehner, downing an incoming missile would be pretty straightforward. There’s an arsenal of interceptor missiles just waiting for the opportunity to take out an EMP threat before it explodes. “It doesn’t matter if the target is Chicago or 100 miles over Nebraska,” he said. “For the interceptor, it’s the same thing.”
Is Newt Gingrich's EMP Doomsday a Reality? : Discovery News

If North Korea is truly intent on self destruction it makes more sense that they would opt for mass destruction rather than mass disruption.

"Forced"? No.

Forced, yes.
The Chinese didn't want you that close to their border so they backed NK and forced to to a standstill.

Ummmmmmmmmm............that's not exactly the case. It was a real choicepoint at the time. MacArthur wanted Truman to use nukes to win, and the decision was made not to do so.

Recent history would be very different if Truman had done so; China our implacable enemy, nukes set free among all countries of the world, perhaps. But it wasn't a cost-free decision: the Armistice has been a real disaster and the splitting of Korea into a rich and a poor Korea has been awful.

It is not clear to me now whether Truman was right. If there is a huge war, I am going to be even more doubtful.

One thing I am sure of after the Korean Armistice and the 1918 WWI armistice that led directly into WWII: never, never, never settle for an Armistice. The aggressive power ALWAYS simply regroups and then tries again.
Had Truman unleashed SAC on North Korea and China, there would have been at least a hundred targets in China that would have been wiped off the map. The chance of a nuclear exchange with Russia would have been high. However, the major impact would be on the future of the planet. War and nuclear war would have become synonymous.

You lost thousands of troops in Iraq for absolutely no gain, after starting an illegal war based on lies...

Not "illegal," not "lies," and accomplished the stated goals.

Please show me the evidence of WMD.
Your government lied.

Your conclusion is illogical. The absence of WMDs is not proof of "lies." All you're doing is airing your subjective views (based, as they are, on bitterness and justifiable feelings of inferiority).

So all those bodies go on America's ledger, huh? Nothing to do with people who attack us and then bravely cower behind women and children, huh?

Perhaps you can try to name a country that has attacked America and started a war since 1945.
Come to think of it, Japan didn't attack America, just American occupied Hawaii.

If North Korea is truly intent on self destruction it makes more sense that they would opt for mass destruction rather than mass disruption.

Good point....

I read carefully Dick Cheney's words in a recent Senate consult. I thought he was implying Kim may be psychotic. He kept saying that we may think we know what Kim is thinking, but we don't, really.

Kim Jong-un is a hereditary monarch. He has NO job experience, he is very young, he went to a "special" school in Switzerland, never really a good sign, and he definitely did not win the position by merit.

Hereditary monarchies have always had a major, major problem with serious mental impairment. There's a real issue of inbreeding, too, at least in European history. The number of kings with active schizophrenia, retardation, or autism is amazing. And these conditions always, always, always caused wars, except in Russia, where they apparently created retarded Tsars on purpose so the boyars could keep control. They had quite a string of them. Poisoning? Probably often happened.

This stuff going on is too weird for it to be business as usual, IMO. People think it's about Kim securing his power with the military or extorting the usual favors from the West, but is anyone listening to what he is actually saying???

He's saying he will rain thermonuclear fire and destruction down on the Capitol and the White House. And obliterate Seoul. And kill everyone he can in America or from America. Does this sound normal to anyone???

It's not normal. I think the guy is one of the mass murderers like our shooters. Really. Why not? Crazies are everywhere.

Good point....

I read carefully Dick Cheney's words in a recent Senate consult. I thought he was implying Kim may be psychotic. He kept saying that we may think we know what Kim is thinking, but we don't, really.

Kim Jong-un is a hereditary monarch. He has NO job experience, he is very young, he went to a "special" school in Switzerland, never really a good sign, and he definitely did not win the position by merit.

Hereditary monarchies have always had a major, major problem with serious mental impairment. There's a real issue of inbreeding, too, at least in European history. The number of kings with active schizophrenia, retardation, or autism is amazing. And these conditions always, always, always caused wars, except in Russia, where they apparently created retarded Tsars on purpose so the boyars could keep control. They had quite a string of them. Poisoning? Probably often happened.

This stuff going on is too weird for it to be business as usual, IMO. People think it's about Kim securing his power with the military or extorting the usual favors from the West, but is anyone listening to what he is actually saying???

He's saying he will rain thermonuclear fire and destruction down on the Capitol and the White House. And obliterate Seoul. And kill everyone he can in America or from America. Does this sound normal to anyone???

It's not normal. I think the guy is one of the mass murderers like our shooters. Really. Why not? Crazies are everywhere.
For all we know he could be nuts. However, I have to go with prevailing wisdom, that the rhetoric is to "consolidate and affirm his power" and to show he is "in control of North Korea."

The North's statement with respect to the closing of the industrial complex seems pretty confusing. The South asked for negotiations and the North said that it "entirely depends on the attitude of the South Korean authorities." That and other statements from the North lead me to believe that Pyongyang's agenda has nothing to do with responses from the US or the South.

World recognition of North Korea as a nuclear power to be reckoned with is important, not just for the gratification of Supreme Leader but economically. This prestige will boost sales of military hardware which is their only export in demand.

[World recognition of North Korea as a nuclear power to be reckoned with is important, not just for the gratification of Supreme Leader but economically. This prestige will boost sales of military hardware which is their only export in demand.

Yeah, assuming he's not simply mad as a hatter, he wants normalization of NK as an accepted nuclear power, so he can sell nuclear technology and missiles all around town. He means to keep throwing a tantrum till he gets it.

I don't think this will end happily.

The whole situation in Korea is a perfect example of why America should stop interfering in other people's politics.
NK was never any threat to America and propably never would have been if America had stayed out of their politics.
You would probably have been trading with Korea and watching it return to capitalism by now but, becauce of what you did, you're looking at possible thousands dead and maybe even nukes being used.

China is the key. Kim Jong Un is acting like a spoiled brat will stop the blustering in the Chinese tell him to. His nation will starve without the food that China sends. I say the young leader is cementing his name as a leader. His words of war are for political gains. But he is playing a terribly dangerous game.

The whole situation in Korea is a perfect example of why America should stop interfering in other people's politics.
NK was never any threat to America and propably never would have been if America had stayed out of their politics.
You would probably have been trading with Korea and watching it return to capitalism by now but, becauce of what you did, you're looking at possible thousands dead and maybe even nukes being used.
Acts of defiance are the normal response to what the US does to other countries. This or the genuflection US-satellites practice every day.

At the sight of this List of sanctions against North Korea, it should not wonder, how the country acts and we should not mock its economy, which does not collapse in spite of this stranglehold:
North Korea - Sanctions Wiki

You've got the most severe case of inferiority complex I've seen in a long while.

China is the key. Kim Jong Un is acting like a spoiled brat will stop the blustering in the Chinese tell him to. .

No he won't. China tells NK to knock it off all the time. They rarely comply fully. China's in a 'damned if you do, damned if you don't' situation with NK.

China is the key. Kim Jong Un is acting like a spoiled brat will stop the blustering in the Chinese tell him to. His nation will starve without the food that China sends. I say the young leader is cementing his name as a leader. His words of war are for political gains. But he is playing a terribly dangerous game.

Code:
Chinese exports to North Korea 2010, 2011 in Million USD:
Mineral fuels:                              478,8 	711,0 
Crude oil:                                   325,8 	518,4 
Light oil:                                    104,9 	        192,4 
Machines:                                  245,5 	        277,3
Cars, parts:                                159,8 	220,6 
Electronics, electrical engineering:  190,8 	252,5 
Plastics, -goods:                         84,4 	        110,9 
Synthetic filaments:                     78,8 	        110,0
Gum elastic, -goods:                    51,4 	        75,8
Man made fibers:                         54,6 	        94,3 
Iron, steel:                                 70,9 	        84,5 
Goods made of iron and steel:        52,1 	        58,9
Clothes:                                     57,6 	        61,5 
Corn:                                         59,8 	        102,3 
Rice:                                         35,4 	        55,0
Maize:                                       23,5 	        45,9 	
Overall:                                      2.277,6 	3,165,0

Code:
North Korean exports to China 2010 2011 in Million USD:
Pit coal:                                                            387,0 	1.126,9 
Ores, scoria, ashes:                                            251,6 	405,7 
Iron ores:                                                          194,5 	324,5 
Clothes:                                                            186,4 	414,5
Iron, steel:                                                        108,5 	154,8
Fish, crabs, etc:                                                 59,7 	82,8 
Calamari:                                                           45,9 	62,8 
Salt, brimstone, stone, dirt, gypsum, chalk, cement: 30,8 	49,9 
Magnesia:                                                          21,7 	29,2 
Cornet:                                                             47,7 	65,3 
Electronics, electrical engineering:                         20,9 	31,6 
Transformers, converters, inductors:                      17,1 	21,8 
Wires:                                                               1,9 	6,2 
Nuts:                                                                9,3 	26,9 
Pine nuts:                                                          4,9 	21,1 
Aluminum, -goods:                                               12,9 	10,9 
Overall:                                                              1.187,9  2.464,2

Code:
South Korean exports to North Korea 2010, 2011 in Million USD:
Clothes:                                     345,6      299,0
Electronics, electrical engineering:  250,3      231,3
Cell phone components:                23,4 	      47,0 
Circuit boards:                            25,0 	      44,4 
Wires:                                       38,3         28,0 
Machines:                                  69,5 	      56,2 
Car parts:                                  10,8 	      12,3 
Chemical ores:                            52,5 	      58,3
Basic consumables:                      44,8 	      46,0 
Goods made of iron and steel:        22,9 	      28,2 
Mining ore:                                 26,2 	      31,1 
Ore of agriculture, etc:                 41,3 	      27,5 
Plastics, gum, leather:                  14,7 	      21,8  
Overall:                                      868,3       800,2

Code:
North Korean exports to South Korea 2010 2011 in Million USD:
Textiles, clothes:                         515,2       407,3 
Electronics, electrical engineering:  220,5       296,8 
Cell phone components:                69,4 	      78,9
Circuit boards:                            20,9 	      72,6 
Wires:                                       44,3 	      49,6 
Rice cookers:                              12,7 	      14,2 
Computer components:                 12,4 	      15,8 
Electronic connection parts:          9,9 	      11,8 
Lamps:                                      6,0 	      9,6
Basic consumables:                      69,1 	      78,6  
Machines:                                  60,4 	      66,2 
Car parts:                                  19,4 	      22,0 
Optical lenses:                            2,6 	      15,4
Para suits:                                  2,5 	      3,0
Chemical Ore:                             24,9 	      34,0 
Plastics, gum, leather:                  12,7 	      14,9
Goods made of iron and steel:        43,9 	      9,1 
Overall:                                      1.043,9     913,7

4/11 (CNN) -- The Pentagon's intelligence arm has assessed with "moderate confidence" that North Korea has the ability to deliver a nuclear weapon with a ballistic missile, though the reliability is believed to be "low."

After telling us 1700 times that NK could NOT "weaponize" a nuke, and probably didn't even HAVE a nuke, suddenly we're hearing this.

At first I thought they knew it all along and just want to get out in front of the news in case NK does fire something more dangerous than they've been claiming all this time to keep us calm.

Then I realized that saying NK has the nukes they keep talking about shooting at us would be a real, real good excuse for war if they decide to jump in with all four feet. I must say, nobody ever had a better "just war" justification of imminent danger than we do against NK. It's a lot better than the WMD that Saddam said he did NOT have, and indeed, he doesn't seem to have had any.

It would work. NK keeps threatening to nuke us and is testing bunches of weapons and carrying on like a psycho --- I'm amazed that we aren't paying attention to it all in a military sense. If the USA decides the guy is too crazy to leave in power, Kim has no one to blame but himself. Well, logically. He WILL blame everyone but himself, of course, but possibly not for very long......

You've got the most severe case of inferiority complex I've seen in a long while.

Insults do not comprise a valid argument.
Perhaps you'd like to comment on my previous post where I compared development in Vietnam to a non-American interfered with Korea.

Is Vietnam and enemy of America and how often do we hear of Vietnamese threatening the United States?
Easy, we never do because their daft commie extremists and slowly going the way of the dinosaur, exactly as Korea's idiots would have done if America hadn't got stuck in.

Both people and both economies would be much better off today if the US had not oppossed reuinification elections after WWII. American capitalists were afraid their economy would revert to depression without another war. They got their wars, and millions of Asians paid with the loss of their lives, health, and land. The US lost thousands of its young men, and Wall Street found profit in the losses on all sides. Can you say: New World Order?

Insults do not comprise a valid argument.
Perhaps you'd like to comment on my previous post where I compared development in Vietnam to a non-American interfered with Korea.

Is Vietnam and enemy of America and how often do we hear of Vietnamese threatening the United States?
Easy, we never do because their daft commie extremists and slowly going the way of the dinosaur, exactly as Korea's idiots would have done if America hadn't got stuck in.

He took all of the mirrors out of his mommy's basement.

Forum List

Back