No thank you, Obama will help them.

Large Corporations, with all of the deduction opportunities that they have in the tax code, reduce their corporate taxes to an Effective Corporate tax rate of only 6%, one of the lowest in the world.

<snipped>

care
i didnt even bother to read further, because you keep MISSING THE POINT

the Obama administration is planing to reduce and eliminate what they are allowed to deduct

so stop using that as an excuse

it is STILL a double taxation of profit

And if people think that big business will retain all their employees and keep all their factories open when they are taxed up the ass, they need to think again.

Jobs are going right down the drain.

Fleetwood Corp. shut down the last of it's camper/trailer manufacturing plants this week, and those closures are for good.

450 jobs lost in Pendleton, Oregon alone. Small town, devastating blow.

Large Corporations, with all of the deduction opportunities that they have in the tax code, reduce their corporate taxes to an Effective Corporate tax rate of only 6%, one of the lowest in the world.

<snipped>

care
i didnt even bother to read further, because you keep MISSING THE POINT

the Obama administration is planing to reduce and eliminate what they are allowed to deduct

so stop using that as an excuse

it is STILL a double taxation of profit

NOT corporations, their corporate business tax rates do not go up or lose deductions?

only personal income tax ........individual income tax payers making more that $250k net, of taxable income per couple?

i don't know whatcha mean?

care

a business's deductions are not being reduced?
YES, they ARE

I think you are mistaken, unless this is some other policy coming out....?

What we have been talking about for days is the tax bracket, the individual tax bracket, for couples making over the $250k in taxable income, and they will have a rate hike along with a reduction in the percentage they can write off....

I have read nothing, seen nothing on deductions for businesses being reduced? nada, nilch, nothing.

The reductions in deductions were for our top tax bracket, on personal income.

a business's deductions are not being reduced?
YES, they ARE

What we have been talking about for days is the tax bracket, the individual tax bracket, for couples making over the $250k in taxable income, and they will have a rate hike along with a reduction in the percentage they can write off....

I have read nothing, seen nothing on deductions for businesses being reduced? nada, nilch, nothing.

i heard it is in his 2010 budget, which comes up this fall

YES, they ARE

oh, ok, i will keep my eyes and ears opened on it!!!

oh, ok, i will keep my eyes and ears opened on it!!!
trust me, any added costs to business WILL be passed on to YOU

I believe that it will be a MISTAKE to allow the tax cuts for billionaires (which I objected to and still find revolting even now) to lapse.

We need more cash going INTO the system, folks.

As much as I loathed this tax break then, NOW is not the time to take it back, I suspect.

Or if we do take it back, then every cent of it should be divided evenly GIVEN to the every taxpaying citizen so that THEY get it back into the economy.

Of couse we KNOW that that won't be what it done with it, don't we?

That might actually make sense, but that means that the masters won't be able to pork things up.

I believe that it will be a MISTAKE to allow the tax cuts for billionaires (which I objected to and still find revolting even now) to lapse.

We need more cash going INTO the system, folks.

As much as I loathed this tax break then, NOW is not the time to take it back, I suspect.

Or if we do take it back, then every cent of it should be divided evenly GIVEN to the every taxpaying citizen so that THEY get it back into the economy.

Of couse we KNOW that that won't be what it done with it, don't we?

That might actually make sense, but that means that the masters won't be able to pork things up.
heh, look at the pork so far
what makes you think that they will EVER tighen up on it?

i'm sure as hell not gonna trust anyones word on it
even "Dr NO"(Ron Paul) is out defending his pork
i'm pissed and i want REAL change and sadly, i doubt we will get it for the good

I am a statistic.

Working middle class; my husband owns a small business that falls into the $250,000.00, talking point threshold, so to speak. However, he brings home less money than a family of 4 on welfare. So we live off of my income as an inside salesperson working for a small business.

While running my daily errands, a store clerk asked me today if I would like to donate my money to help a worthy cause. I told them, "No thank you, Obama will help them". I got a reaction.

It sounds cruel and insensitive, but I would like for anyone who reads this to do the same when someone asks you to give them your money. It just might make a difference.

The point I want to make is this. Our dollar goes much farther when the government stays out of our problems. When large charitable organizations become threatened by lack of public funding, then maybe we can end the corruption in our government.

I just got yet another phone call from some organization wanting a donation (yes, I'm on the do not call list but I still get these calls). After the first 'no' I gave her, she went on to say that many people give a small donation of $25 dollars, blah, blah, blah. I told her that she should go ask Obama for some money, maybe he has a few extras bucks lying around. She hung up the phone pronto! I'm using this line to get these ding dongs off my line from now on. Thanks.

And thus the need for MORE government charity/welfare.....:eusa_whistle:

What a great idea! NOT!

cutting back on private charity will only make the government bigger, and will have these private charities, like Catholic Charities and Jewish Charities and the Salvation Army, and the heart and lung association, and Breast Cancer research foundations ONLY COMING TO OUR GOVT, FOR MORE HANDOUTS and it will put our government MORE in control of our private charities and what they do....

my concern would be towards the religious charities being dictate to our government that could interfere with their own religious Doctrine.

So, although i think you all THINK you are being CUTE or telling some message by denying your charity towards all private charities as some sort of "statement" against Obama, (or who knows what it really is?) will only back fire....and make our government, even larger.

care

The world of charity cannot do the job that society need done, folks.

Of course if Obama is decreasing the tax breaks that one gets for donating to charity, I object to that.

But anyone who imagines that private charity can do the job government does now needs to read their history a lot more closely.

Last edited:

What a great idea! NOT!

cutting back on private charity will only make the government bigger, and will have these private charities, like Catholic Charities and Jewish Charities and the Salvation Army, and the heart and lung association, and Breast Cancer research foundations ONLY COMING TO OUR GOVT, FOR MORE HANDOUTS and it will put our government MORE in control of our private charities and what they do....

my concern would be towards the religious charities being dictate to our government that could interfere with their own religious Doctrine.

So, although i think you all THINK you are being CUTE or telling some message by denying your charity towards all private charities as some sort of "statement" against Obama, (or who knows what it really is?) will only back fire....and make our government, even larger.

care

You took my post way more seriously than intended and missed my point, Care. I donate to charities on my own and get sick and tired of constantly being asked (via phone, in the stores, etc) to donate. I used the Obama line to get the woman off the phone, nothing more nothing less. It worked.

What a great idea! NOT!

care

You took my post way more seriously than intended and missed my point, Care. I donate to charities on my own and get sick and tired of constantly being asked (via phone, in the stores, etc) to donate. I used the Obama line to get the woman off the phone, nothing more nothing less. It worked.

ahhhhhhhhhhh...ok, i have those fly by night soliciters all the time as well! What a pain in the butt!

it wasn't so much your statement zoom, but the OP ED...

Care

What a great idea! NOT!

care

I disagree. There are many very large and very influential charitable organizations out there that will not go down quietly. They can turn heads and ears in Washington. These people have lobbyists. I don't. Congress stopped listening to us a long time ago.

Government needs to stop 'feeling' responsible for everyones lives. My goal is to put the people back in control of helping people, not the government. Big charities need to step in now and help us help them!!!! What if it doesn't backfire.

I think it might work.

What a great idea! NOT!

care

I disagree. There are many very large and very influential charitable organizations out there that will not go down quietly. They can turn heads and ears in Washington. These people have lobbyists. I don't. Congress stopped listening to us a long time ago.

Government needs to stop 'feeling' responsible for everyones lives. My goal is to put the people back in control of helping people, not the government. Big charities need to step in now and help us help them!!!! What if it doesn't backfire.

I think it might work.

I don't think it will work, the lobbyists will only be lobbying for MORE GOVERNMENT MONEY Fret....

what would the lobbyists lobby for, if it weren't for more government money because the charities need it?

honestly, i really believe it would backfire, and would not take the chance....

care

What a great idea! NOT!

care

I think it might work.

I don't think it will work, the lobbyists will only be lobbying for MORE GOVERNMENT MONEY Fret....

what would the lobbyists lobby for, if it weren't for more government money because the charities need it?

honestly, i really believe it would backfire, and would not take the chance....

care

Thing is ... you just can't stop it now. Too much of our country is now dependent on these charities and no one can afford to give to them willingly. Those in our area employ thousands of people, and have had to freeze employment, some are even starting to lay people off ... and those who get laid off wind up needing the charities they once worked for. It's a vicious cycle that should have been ended a long time ago, but instead the government shut down all the programs that were helping (education, work programs for adults, etc.) and just started giving money to these charities. Until they start these programs up again it will only get worse.

Forum List

Back