No thank you, Obama will help them.

If only 5% of all small businesses could be affected by this, and a number of things to improve their business could keep them from reaching a mark that could raise their taxes, i seriously doubt that many american consumers will see any effect at all from this....

Care

you seriously need to take your butt out of yer orifice... and seriously look at the amount of money obamalama is spending and then look me right in the eye and tell me you think 5% of the population is going to pay enough taxes to cover it... go ahead I double doggone dare ya! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Don't be silly, Willow. As everyone knows from the Republicans, cutting taxes increases tax revenue. He can cut taxes every year and revenue will just go up, up, up!

:rofl:

but obamalama is spending it faster n a goose with diarrhea can shit I don't think that rule applies :lol:

"No thank you, Obama will help them".

Well aren't you so happy to now have a nice, handy dandy excuse for being a selfish prick. I, on the other hand, just say no thank you and feel no obligation whatsoever to justify my decision. I guess some people just have a tough time being honest with themselves.

And editec, shame on you for thanking this piece of shit post. Seriously dude! I expect this sort of blind ignorance from so many here, but et tu edi, et tu?

Selfish..... Hmmm. Nice try.

Unfortunately I can't hop on a bus to D.C. everytime a polar bear falls of his icecap. I have to work. After all, I have a mortgage and a family and several million wellfare receipents to support. Not to forget the millions of illegal immigrants we have to educate.

On the other hand if I can get someone else to go to D.C. for me, like a large orginization who's existance is being threatened by lack of public funding, because of increased taxes, why not?

there is no such thing as taxing a business. the consumer pays the business tax.. so if you think 95% of youse is gonna get tax breaks then ask your mama for another think coming whydonchya?

If only 5% of all small businesses could be affected by this, and a number of things to improve their business could keep them from reaching a mark that could raise their taxes, i seriously doubt that many american consumers will see any effect at all from this....

Care

you seriously need to take your butt out of yer orifice... and seriously look at the amount of money obamalama is spending and then look me right in the eye and tell me you think 5% of the population is going to pay enough taxes to cover it... go ahead I double doggone dare ya! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Never said it would pay for all the spending.

There is no one tax that will ever pay for this entire mess unless we did an entire tax hike for everyone all at once, including corporate taxes, SS taxes, Medicare taxes, gas taxes and income taxes....ALONG with cutting the budget drastically.

And even then, we probably would not make a dent in the $6 trillion OVER SPENT by the Bush Administration alone, nor the $5.6 trillion debt acquired in all the presidencies before President Bush, let alone these new spending bills in the Obama administration.

I think the straw that broke the Camel's back has happened already....let alone the new stuff... Elvis ARRIVED quite a while ago.

So, no i do not think this tax hike will pay for everything...i think it is merely a baby step, as with the cigarette tax hike, a mere baby step....but a step none the less.

It won't happen until 2011 taxes so a lot can happen before this tax cut expires imo...

Care

A very poor attempt, Pubic. A gross receipts tax is nothing more than a state sales tax collected by the state...and almost every state has a sales tax and has had one for years. ...

It wasn't an attempt... it was an example of Leftist taxing businesses on their gross receipts as a tax ON INCOME; which you emphatically claimed could NOT be true, because 'NO Democrat said that they wanted to tax businesses on their gross sales...' which this source incontrovertibly refutes... But of course, you can't find the intellectual veracity to admit it; no one expected ya would, because, as a Leftist you've no sense of honor which stems from your having nor principled, moral foundation...

The simple fact is that there is NO END to the leftists who have lamented and who continue to lament that Businesses are not taxed on their gross sales... because as fools, they feel that deductions are the means by which Business fails to 'pay their fair share.'

It's hysterical... and never more so, than when you gals try to deny it...

Care

Never said it would pay for all the spending.

There is no one tax that will ever pay for this entire mess unless we did an entire tax hike for everyone all at once, including corporate taxes, SS taxes, Medicare taxes, gas taxes and income taxes....ALONG with cutting the budget drastically.

And even then, we probably would not make a dent in the $6 trillion OVER SPENT by the Bush Administration alone, nor the $5.6 trillion debt acquired in all the presidencies before President Bush, let alone these new spending bills in the Obama administration.

I think the straw that broke the Camel's back has happened already....let alone the new stuff... Elvis ARRIVED quite a while ago.

So, no i do not think this tax hike will pay for everything...i think it is merely a baby step, as with the cigarette tax hike, a mere baby step....but a step none the less.

It won't happen until 2011 taxes so a lot can happen before this tax cut expires imo...

Care

which explains why you have wasted so much energy convincing us that 95% of us won't see increased taxes.. doh! :lol:

Newby,

Wasn't your point, that if the small business owner's tax goes up, it will be passed on to the consumer and to you, this meant that "liberals" that are fine with the tax increase are only screwing themselves?

I disagree with your comment, because not all liberals will be buying this small business owner's goods, only those who chose to buy the small business's product MIGHT be hit with higher prices if the owner passed on the higher taxes on to the retail price of his product.

As example if i chose never to buy at walmart, i am not paying the corporate taxes of walmart because i never bought any of their goods...or services offered.

I pay hidden taxes on what i personally use of these businesses or corporations, which is fine with me....

Just like those of us that drive, are the ones paying the "gas tax" for the roads, bridges etc...not those that do not drive and use public transportation....those using public transportation are the ones paying for their bus ride or train ride with the fees they pay, in which i do not have to pay, since i don't use the service...

I am fine with all of this...and...

This is how it should be, imho.

care

Then I would say that you are completely naive if you think you can go through society and not purchase goods and services that do not have the costs of tax increases embedded in their prices. This is only one small company, there are thousands of them, but I'm glad for you that you are able to avoid them all.

i CLEARLY said i did not mind paying the taxes incorporated in to the goods i buy or services i use....it's the way it has always been...

Why you trying to twist it Newby?

Care

Then you would agree that raising the taxes on 'the rich' is really raising taxes on the every day American consumer and not hurting 'the rich' at all? So, politicians that are on the bully pulpit creating class warfare by telling all of the 'average' americans out there that they're going to make 'the rich' pay their fair share are basically full of shit?

Newby,

Wasn't your point, that if the small business owner's tax goes up, it will be passed on to the consumer and to you, this meant that "liberals" that are fine with the tax increase are only screwing themselves?

I disagree with your comment, because not all liberals will be buying this small business owner's goods, only those who chose to buy the small business's product MIGHT be hit with higher prices if the owner passed on the higher taxes on to the retail price of his product.

As example if i chose never to buy at walmart, i am not paying the corporate taxes of walmart because i never bought any of their goods...or services offered.

I pay hidden taxes on what i personally use of these businesses or corporations, which is fine with me....

Just like those of us that drive, are the ones paying the "gas tax" for the roads, bridges etc...not those that do not drive and use public transportation....those using public transportation are the ones paying for their bus ride or train ride with the fees they pay, in which i do not have to pay, since i don't use the service...

care
It also depends on which tax we are talking about. Sales tax is meant to be a tax on the consumer, why New Mexico has come up with this silly way to collect it I have no idea...but I can certainly understand the business passing it on to the consumer. I wonder though, if this New Mexico tax went away would the business charge the consumer less or just keep the difference since it presumably doesn't show up on the receipt. Here, with our sales tax, you actually know as the consumer that it exists and how much it is.

I wonder if when Bush's tax cuts were enacted on personal income tax if those business owners that enjoyed paying less tax lowered their prices...somehow I doubt it.

I also want to point out that the Democrats passed through legislation last year that allowed for business capital expenditures up to a total of $250,000 be deducted off of income instead of depreciated. It was $125,000 before then...as far as I can tell the Democrats have actually done more tax wise for small business.

:)

I think the businesses would pocket the money if their corporate taxes were removed, as an example.

they have already established that the retail price is salable.

HOWEVER, if there is a lot of competition in the arena of their service or business, if one local retailer decides to lower their retail prices to pass on this tax savings to the consumer, then the other same type businesses will be forced to meet competitive pricing.

So, basically, if they don't have a lot of competition in their businesses, then i think they will pocket it, but if they do have a lot of competition and one breaks the price, they will be forced to break the price themselves.

care

How does a publically traded corporation that serves as the basis for every average American's 401K retirement plan 'pocket' the money?

Also, there's that little thing called 'competition' that you seem to be forgetting as well.

Last edited:
It also depends on which tax we are talking about. Sales tax is meant to be a tax on the consumer, why New Mexico has come up with this silly way to collect it I have no idea...but I can certainly understand the business passing it on to the consumer. I wonder though, if this New Mexico tax went away would the business charge the consumer less or just keep the difference since it presumably doesn't show up on the receipt. Here, with our sales tax, you actually know as the consumer that it exists and how much it is.

I wonder if when Bush's tax cuts were enacted on personal income tax if those business owners that enjoyed paying less tax lowered their prices...somehow I doubt it.

I also want to point out that the Democrats passed through legislation last year that allowed for business capital expenditures up to a total of $250,000 be deducted off of income instead of depreciated. It was $125,000 before then...as far as I can tell the Democrats have actually done more tax wise for small business.

I think the businesses would pocket the money if their corporate taxes were removed, as an example.

HOWEVER, if there is a lot of competition in the arena of their service or business, if one local retailer decides to lower their retail prices to pass on this tax savings to the consumer, then the other same type businesses will be forced to meet competitive pricing.

So, basically, if they don't have a lot of competition in their businesses, then i think they will pocket it, but if they do have a lot of competition and one breaks the price, they will be forced to break the price themselves.

care

How does a publically traded corporation that serves as the basis for every average American's 401K retirement plan 'pocket' the money?

Also, there's that little thing called 'competition' that you seem to be forgetting as well.

read my post again, i mentioned competition....so you need to pay attention!!!!

secondly, only 40% of americans or less have 401k's, 60% of americans DON'T.

you pocket money by not lowering the retail with the tax reduction and charging the consumer more for it, pocketing the extra profit, for their shareholders or for higher ceo pay...

Last edited:
A very poor attempt, Pubic. A gross receipts tax is nothing more than a state sales tax collected by the state...and almost every state has a sales tax and has had one for years. ...

It wasn't an attempt... it was an example of Leftist taxing businesses on their gross receipts as a tax ON INCOME; which you emphatically claimed could NOT be true, because 'NO Democrat said that they wanted to tax businesses on their gross sales...' which this source incontrovertibly refutes... But of course, you can't find the intellectual veracity to admit it; no one expected ya would, because, as a Leftist you've no sense of honor which stems from your having nor principled, moral foundation...

The simple fact is that there is NO END to the leftists who have lamented and who continue to lament that Businesses are not taxed on their gross sales... because as fools, they feel that deductions are the means by which Business fails to 'pay their fair share.'

It's hysterical... and never more so, than when you gals try to deny it...
This may well qualify for the lamest post at USMB.

there is no such thing as taxing a business. the consumer pays the business tax.. so if you think 95% of youse is gonna get tax breaks then ask your mama for another think coming whydonchya?

Care
if only 5% are effected by this, it wont raise the funds they are claiming it will
btw, even if you dont buy something from someone effected by it, chances are you will buy something from someone who bought something from someone effected by it
it all trickles down

Care

um, you sure messed THAT one up

the butt IS the orafice in question
:lol:

Newby,

care

care
um, WHO owns corporations and businesses?

care

the 40% of the people who have 401k;s own 60% of the stock market, though i believe this past year, this has gone way down....

It used to be only the affluent owned it, but the gift horse with 401k's allowed them to pull some of their money out of it .....

60% of all americans do not have 401k's and do not invest in the market....in corporations.

But corporations taxes ARE NOT GOING UP so this is all a mute point....and the above $250k tax hike, doesn't pertain to them.

Care

whooopsie doopsie busted,, I am so busted.. :lol:

care

the 40% of the people who have 401k;s own 60% of the stock market, though i believe this past year, this has gone way down....

It used to be only the affluent owned it, but the gift horse with 401k's allowed them to pull some of their money out of it .....

60% of all americans do not have 401k's and do not invest in the market....in corporations.

But corporations taxes ARE NOT GOING UP so this is all a mute point....and the above $250k tax hike, doesn't pertain to them.
then you missed the point
you guys are all denomizing the "evil coroporations"
when in fact, you are talking about a HUGE number of people

average ordinary CITIZENS
maybe even YOURSELF
thats why it is STUPID to tax corps and tax the income the PEOPLE get from the corps, its DOUBLE taxation
unless you want to start giving those people double voting rights

whooopsie doopsie busted,, I am so busted.. :lol:
whats even funnier, not ONE of them noticed it either

a very poor attempt, pubic. A gross receipts tax is nothing more than a state sales tax collected by the state...and almost every state has a sales tax and has had one for years. ...

it wasn't an attempt... It was an example of leftist taxing businesses on their gross receipts as a tax on income; which you emphatically claimed could not be true, because 'no democrat said that they wanted to tax businesses on their gross sales...' which this source incontrovertibly refutes... But of course, you can't find the intellectual veracity to admit it; no one expected ya would, because, as a leftist you've no sense of honor which stems from your having nor principled, moral foundation...

The simple fact is that there is no end to the leftists who have lamented and who continue to lament that businesses are not taxed on their gross sales... Because as fools, they feel that deductions are the means by which business fails to 'pay their fair share.'

it's hysterical... And never more so, than when you gals try to deny it...
this may well qualify for the lamest post at usmb.

your sixth concession on this issue is duly noted and summarily accepted!

care

ROFLMNAO.. that is ABSOLUTELY FALSE... The taxes which every single person in these United States are going up... without exception; and Corporate taxes are going up right along with them. It is as certain as the sun rising; and on what, you ma ask is this based? LEFTIST ARE IN CONTROL OF THE LEGISLATURE AND LEFTISTS RAISE TAXES ON CORPORATIONS... On individuals and on PRODUCTION...

then you missed the point
you guys are all denomizing the "evil coroporations"
when in fact, you are talking about a HUGE number of people

average ordinary CITIZENS
maybe even YOURSELF
thats why it is STUPID to tax corps and tax the income the PEOPLE get from the corps, its DOUBLE taxation
unless you want to start giving those people double voting rights

Large Corporations, with all of the deduction opportunities that they have in the tax code, reduce their corporate taxes to an Effective Corporate tax rate of only 6%, one of the lowest in the world.

Capital gain's tax at the lower rates of 15% and 20% and their might even be a 10% in there somewhere together with what corporations net paying in taxes still do not come up to the tax rates that would have been charged the millionaire if he earned this income by working...so he still gets a savings with the 6% corporate tax and the 15% capital gains....is better than the 39% taxes or the 35% taxes he would have had to pay if it was included as working earnings at income tax bracket rates.

This allows investing ones money... at a tax advantage still.....

which some argue it is good to encourage investing and lower taxes in this area, (though i am not so sure the stock market was where we should have been encouraged to invest,... looking back on it, after this past year).

Others argue all monies made should be taxed equally.

If you think about it, the 6% the corporate business pays, if it WERE NOT PAID and taxed at the business level, there would be more profits to be taxed at the higher capital gains tax levels of 10%, 15%, or 20% tax rates....

care

Forum List

Back