No impact on groundwater from fracking

Discussion in 'Environment' started by longknife, May 11, 2018.

1. longknife

longknife Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,566
    [​IMG]

As the article states, a study you won't be hearing about. It goes against everything Hollyweird claims.

The study results are posted at the Springer research material repository. (Emphasis added)

We found no relationship between CH4 concentration or source in groundwater and proximity to active gas well sites. No significant changes in CH4 concentration, CH4 isotopic composition, pH, or conductivity in water wells were observed during the study period. These data indicate that high levels of biogenic CH4 can be present in groundwater wells independent of hydraulic fracturing activity and affirm the need for isotopic or other fingerprinting techniques for CH4 source identification.

More @ The study you won't be hearing about: No impact on groundwater from fracking

2. Bleipriester

Bleipriester Freedom!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,255
  3. longknife

longknife Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,566
    I personally know of several wells in Southern California in my youth where one could touch a match to them to get a blue flame. As that was 60 or so years ago, I don't think fracking had a thing to do with them.

4. Bleipriester

Bleipriester Freedom!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,255
    I saw the residents igniting their tap water and saying that wasn´t before. They get water supply and money to shut up.