No Public Input: North Carolina Passes Fracking: Jail Time For Discussing Chemicals

Ignorance abounds, the MSDS (material safety data sheets) sheets are on file with the EPA and most are available online.

Anyone who actually KNOWS about fracking is aware that it is done 2-3 miles below ground water in sealed holes and every part of the area that is being fracked is mapped in 3 dimensions, in real time. Fracking is a science, I thought you commies are all about science.

anyone who actually knows about franking knows that it is going to be a huge environmental disaster....

if it was so wonderful why are they afraid to let us know what they use? why are they being protected?

they sang your BS when Erin Brackovich was doing her thing, too.

she was right then and the anti-environmentalists who think our kids should be poisoned by corporations doing whatever they want (because of course, G-d will clean it up) are still wrong.

anyone who actually knows about franking knows that it is going to be a huge environmental disaster....

if it was so wonderful why are they afraid to let us know what they use? why are they being protected?

they sang your BS when Erin Brackovich was doing her thing, too.

she was right then and the anti-environmentalists who think our kids should be poisoned by corporations doing whatever they want (because of course, G-d will clean it up) are still wrong.

Maybe you folks should ask Obama why he is not using his Executive Powers to enforce the Safe Drinking Water Act? Fracking poses a "forever" danger to our VERY LAST reserves of underground fresh drinking water. The purest freshest water on earth will now have added to it...well....just go to an auto parts store and bust open a can of diesel fuel system cleaner/solvents. Then you'll realize what's going into your well.

anyone who actually knows about franking knows that it is going to be a huge environmental disaster.....

No, no, no....

.. you're thinking of "Franking:" the very symbol of Washington’s deliberate refusal to prevent the collapse — the predicted collapse — of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac

"pump" what into aquifers?

Egggsactly. I can guess though. Since solvents are necessary to break up the oil in the shale layers, all you have to do to get a whiff of what they're pumping into the ground layers in an aquifer near you is to crack open a can of diesel fuel system cleaner. Go ahead. Then ask yourself if that's what you want in your drinking water. You can get it at any auto parts store.

Don't do it in a closed room though. Just don't. And don't say I didn't warn you. What they're using is so toxic as to be beyond belief.

Really,

Its mostly water.

And Sand..

Here's a list of other additives,

Which has been found in aquifers?

"pump" what into aquifers?

Egggsactly. I can guess though. Since solvents are necessary to break up the oil in the shale layers, all you have to do to get a whiff of what they're pumping into the ground layers in an aquifer near you is to crack open a can of diesel fuel system cleaner. Go ahead. Then ask yourself if that's what you want in your drinking water. You can get it at any auto parts store.

Don't do it in a closed room though. Just don't. And don't say I didn't warn you. What they're using is so toxic as to be beyond belief.

Really,

Its mostly water.

And Sand..

If they have a list of ALL the additives for public display, why the 4- month jail term for publicly discussing them? Which one's aren't on the list, and why?

If you understand geology, you know that even if they drill and blast underneath in the shale layers below an aquifer, ground movement, earthquakes etc. cause fissures, especially when mechanical agitation of "just sand and water" blasted at enormous pressures compromises the physical structure of the shale underlayment of an aquifer.

Then, once hairline or larger fissures occur, 5 years from now, 15 years from now 150 years from now, water will enter and mix with any chemical residues present in the shattered shale remains [essentially a toxified tailings dump underground] and capillary action will carry that tainted water right into the aquifer.

Geology, physics and chemistry tell us that fracking is the same as pulling your pants down and shitting in the public well; in such a way that your shit can never be cleaned out of it ever again. Perpetual shit.

Where is Obama's Royal Pen on this public safety hazard? I guess gay marriage is more of a priority than the last vestiges of our pure drinking water.

Last edited:

Really,

Its mostly water.

And Sand..

If they have a list of ALL the additives for public display, why the 4- month jail term for publicly discussing them? Which one's aren't on the list, and why?

If you understand geology, you know that even if they drill and blast underneath in the shale layers below an aquifer, ground movement, earthquakes etc. cause fissures, especially when mechanical agitation of "just sand and water" blasted at enormous pressures compromises the physical structure of the shale underlayment of an aquifer.

Then, once hairline or larger fissures occur, 5 years from now, 15 years from now 150 years from now, water will enter and mix with any chemical residues present in the shattered shale remains [essentially a toxified tailings dump underground] and capillary action will carry that tainted water right into the aquifer.

Geology, physics and chemistry tell us that fracking is the same as pulling your pants down and shitting in the public well; in such a way that your shit can never be cleaned out of it ever again. Perpetual shit.

Where is Obama's Royal Pen on this public safety hazard? I guess gay marriage is more of a priority than the last vestiges of our pure drinking water.

Um.......so what is your answer?

Here's a reminder:

Which [chemical] has been found in aquifers?

You seem to be quite an expert in Geology, Chemistry, and Physics, so I look forward to your detailed reply.

Forum List

Back