No Public Input: North Carolina Passes Fracking: Jail Time For Discussing Chemicals

Ignorance abounds, the MSDS (material safety data sheets) sheets are on file with the EPA and most are available online.

Anyone who actually KNOWS about fracking is aware that it is done 2-3 miles below ground water in sealed holes and every part of the area that is being fracked is mapped in 3 dimensions, in real time. Fracking is a science, I thought you commies are all about science.

Fracking is mankind slitting his own throat again.

And the flatEarther chimes in on cue.
Mankind has sailed off the edges many times. It's our collective history, we're known for doing such things.

..Chemistry is amazing, its ability to kill is as well. I always like to remind people where Madame Curie's cookbooks are stored to this day, in lead-lined boxes. They are still so radioactive that they can't be handled with bare hands, and that was after she washed hers in order to go and make dinner.

"But what we didn't know during Marie Curie's life will stay with us for a long time...

Good points. And the difference between Madame Curie's books and fracking poisons pumped underground is that Curie's books are contained. Fracking poisons can never be contained and it is a fact that they will percolate via capillary action into water supplies above and around them. And you don't have to drink Curie's books to maintain life functions.

That uber-powerful swine with big connections in government behind these assaults on public drinking water needs to be dethroned.

Don't you have an anti-Wal-Mart rally to go to?

:lol:

Hey Soggy, people's drinking water is catching on fire from aquifers near fracking. Suppose that's a coincidence?

We aren't talking about immigration or taxes. This is a discussion about poisoning the public [everyone's] drinking water supply so Haliburton's stock can go up a few points.

Ignorance abounds, the MSDS (material safety data sheets) sheets are on file with the EPA and most are available online.

Anyone who actually KNOWS about fracking is aware that it is done 2-3 miles below ground water in sealed holes and every part of the area that is being fracked is mapped in 3 dimensions, in real time. Fracking is a science, I thought you commies are all about science.

You didn't paint your house did you--Oh my God you evil environment killer you should go to Jail. Paint is full of nasty environment stuff. Shame on you.

I hope that all who believe in environmental destruction due to oil are not using any oil products. Like clothes,toilet paper,and lets not forget food.

Hey Soggy, people's drinking water is catching on fire from aquifers near fracking. Suppose that's a coincidence?

We aren't talking about immigration or taxes. This is a discussion about poisoning the public [everyone's] drinking water supply so Haliburton's stock can go up a few points.

Water is catching on fire?

Who knew?

:lol::lol::lol:

You didn't paint your house did you--Oh my God you evil environment killer you should go to Jail. Paint is full of nasty environment stuff. Shame on you.
I didn't pour paint in my drinking water.

Not really a debate here about fracking. Debate is about being able to talk about chemicals used at a work site and on a work project. Not even a debate about the chemicals. It's about whether talking about them will put you in a jail cell.
Talk about it all you want. You've been told several times in this thread that the issue is an employee revealing proprietary industrial information.

Last I looked, that was jail time regardless of the industry in question.

I didn't pour paint in my drinking water.

What do you want, a gold star?

:lol:
Nope, clean and safe drinking water. That's not as easy as one might think on this planet, and that's before we dumped toxins in the well looking for black gold.

He didn't go and pour the paint into the public well. Or pump it into pristine aquifers underground. Oh intellectually dishonest one..

Not really a debate here about fracking. Debate is about being able to talk about chemicals used at a work site and on a work project. Not even a debate about the chemicals. It's about whether talking about them will put you in a jail cell.
Talk about it all you want. You've been told several times in this thread that the issue is an employee revealing proprietary industrial information.

Last I looked, that was jail time regardless of the industry in question.

Then a journalist should go under cover, infiltrate, get all the info they can and publish it...daring the mother-frackers to put him in jail. What a scoop! Can you imagine the publicity? He spends the 40 days or whatever in jail, gets out and writes a book. Gets a Pulitzer!

Look out mother-frackers. I smell a press release. Or is that benzene in my kid's tippy cup?

I hear it's a mandatory 4 month jail sentence for publishing the chemicals used in fracking. Once pumped into the groundwater supply there is no chance of cleaning them up...ever.

Doesnt get pumped into the groundwater......They're drilling for oil...not water.

accidents STILL HAPPEN Tex....so, it's not as contained as you imply...

most recent...

Fracking accident leaks benzene into Colorado stream | Grist

24 May 2013
:eusa_clap:

Bravo.

You should really stop buying petroleum-based products.

He didn't go and pour the paint into the public well. Or pump it into pristine aquifers underground. Oh intellectually dishonest one..

"pump" what into aquifers?

Intellectually, where is the evidence to support your honesty?

"pump" what into aquifers?

Egggsactly. I can guess though. Since solvents are necessary to break up the oil in the shale layers, all you have to do to get a whiff of what they're pumping into the ground layers in an aquifer near you is to crack open a can of diesel fuel system cleaner. Go ahead. Then ask yourself if that's what you want in your drinking water. You can get it at any auto parts store.

Don't do it in a closed room though. Just don't. And don't say I didn't warn you. What they're using is so toxic as to be beyond belief.

Benzene - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Benzene is a natural constituent of crude oil, and is one of the most elementary petrochemicals. Benzene is an aromatic hydrocarbon and the second [n]-annulene ([6]-annulene), a cyclic hydrocarbon with a continuous pi bond. It is sometimes abbreviated Ph–H. Benzene is a colorless and highly flammable liquid with a sweet smell. It is mainly used as a precursor to heavy chemicals, such as ethylbenzene and cumene, which are produced on a billion kilogram scale. Because it has a high octane number, it is an important component of gasoline, comprising a few percent of its mass. Most non-industrial applications have been limited by benzene's carcinogenicity.

Holly shit batman. They are fracking oil and benzene comes out.

LOL

Benzene is a natural constituent of crude oil, and is one of the most elementary petrochemicals. Benzene is an aromatic hydrocarbon and the second [n]-annulene ([6]-annulene), a cyclic hydrocarbon with a continuous pi bond. It is sometimes abbreviated Ph–H. Benzene is a colorless and highly flammable liquid with a sweet smell. It is mainly used as a precursor to heavy chemicals, such as ethylbenzene and cumene, which are produced on a billion kilogram scale. Because it has a high octane number, it is an important component of gasoline, comprising a few percent of its mass. Most non-industrial applications have been limited by benzene's carcinogenicity.

LOL

Can you imagine if you or I tried to go to get a permit to pump that into the ground near the public water supply? Deep in the ground: a place that can NEVER be cleaned up afterwards...?

We'd be placed in a mental hospital on lockdown for fear we were terrorists. North Carolina public has been simply and deftly "removed" from the oversight process OF THEIR OWN DRINKING WATER...

LOL

So I guess you walk to work?
Can you imagine if you or I tried to go to get a permit to pump that into the ground near the public water supply? Deep in the ground: a place that can NEVER be cleaned up afterwards...?

We'd be placed in a mental hospital on lockdown for fear we were terrorists. North Carolina public has been simply and deftly "removed" from the oversight process OF THEIR OWN DRINKING WATER...

So I guess you walk to work and grow your own food. Remember everything used for pumping oils came from mother earth. It a matter of degrees.

Forum List

Back