prime.gif
r
schwa.gif
-b
amacr.gif
t
lprime.gif
)n.1. A morally unprincipled person.

With renewed attention on Newt's personal life, I'm only going to refer to his personal life in passing since Newt's personal life interests me far less than his character as it relates to the kind of public servant he was, the private citizen and public figure he was for years after resigning as Speaker of the House, the candidate he now is, and the president he hopes to become.

Newt will say anything to further his own personal goals. I'm not talking about a political agenda here. I'm saying that Newt is the kind of man who can, and will, say anything, without believing what he is saying at the time. He has no shame. He has no moral center.

Remember the short NATO war with Libya? Originally, Newt said that the president should do something. When the president got involved, Newt said Obama should have done it.

How about his stance on the individual mandate? He supported it, wholeheartedly. Now he says it's unconstitutional?

Global Warming? He made a video with Nancy Pelosi about it. Now he disavows it?

The same thing is true about Newt's statements about Paul Ryan's plan.

How does Newt explain his $1.6 million from Freddie Mac? He gave them historical advice, or something to that effect? Huh?

Newt was fined $300,000 by the House before he left. Hell, he was basically kicked out by his own caucus. Who knew about his leadership strengths and weaknesses better than they did?

There's a LOT more, but I'm pressed for time.

What Newt did to both of his ex-wives are merely examples of the kind of amoral person Newt is. He'll say or do anything to further his interests or to help him get what he wants.

I don't mean any offense to Newt's supporters, per se, but I've watched him for years, and it's been clear to me for a long, long time that Newt isn't the kind of person who people should place their trust in.

Many people say that they don't know what Mitt Romney really believes. I contend that while Mitt may change his position on issues, Gingrich doesn't really have any views other than the furtherance of what Newt wants.

If you conservatives are looking for the 'not Mitt' candidate, the last person you should ever want to nominate is Newt Gingrich because you just can't believe anything he says, ever!

Is this supposed to somehow be news? His scandalous past is pretty much common knowledge for anyone who pays attention.

Is this supposed to somehow be news? His scandalous past is pretty much common knowledge for anyone who pays attention.

I'm not talking about scandal.

I'm talking about principles, which are supposed to be a big deal in conservative circles. I don't believe that Newt has ANY principles, whatsoever.

His principles are more progressive than they are conservative. His rhetoric, however, is conservative. Problem is his past statements and actions demonstrate that he has no problem with large government.

I'm talking about principles, which are supposed to be a big deal in conservative circles. I don't believe that Newt has ANY principles, whatsoever.

His principles are more progressive than they are conservative. His rhetoric, however, is conservative. Problem is his past statements and actions demonstrate that he has no problem with large government.

You haven't been paying attention, have you? I said that I don't believe that Newt has ANY principles at all, period.

You haven't been paying attention, have you? I said that I don't believe that Newt has ANY principles at all, period.

Your belief is merely an opinion and you know the saying....

I'm currently quite comfortable with Romney, but thanks for caring.
The fact that Romney continues to refuse to release his income tax and allowing his opponents to use it as a political issue is beginning to suggest that they may contain a "smoking gun."

When Obama ran for president in 2008, he released 6 years of income tax forms and when Romney's father was a candidate, he released 12 years of past tax forms.

rep·ro·bate (r
ebreve.gif
p
prime.gif
r
schwa.gif
-b
amacr.gif
t
lprime.gif

With renewed attention on Newt's personal life, I'm only going to refer to his personal life in passing since Newt's personal life interests me far less than his character as it relates to the kind of public servant he was, the private citizen and public figure he was for years after resigning as Speaker of the House, the candidate he now is, and the president he hopes to become.

Newt will say anything to further his own personal goals. I'm not talking about a political agenda here. I'm saying that Newt is the kind of man who can, and will, say anything, without believing what he is saying at the time. He has no shame. He has no moral center.

Remember the short NATO war with Libya? Originally, Newt said that the president should do something. When the president got involved, Newt said Obama should have done it.

How about his stance on the individual mandate? He supported it, wholeheartedly. Now he says it's unconstitutional?

How does Newt explain his $1.6 million from Freddie Mac? He gave them historical advice, or something to that effect? Huh?

Newt was fined $300,000 by the House before he left. Hell, he was basically kicked out by his own caucus. Who knew about his leadership strengths and weaknesses better than they did?

What Newt did to both of his ex-wives are merely examples of the kind of amoral person Newt is. He'll say or do anything to further his interests or to help him get what he wants.

I don't mean any offense to Newt's supporters, per se, but I've watched him for years, and it's been clear to me for a long, long time that Newt isn't the kind of person who people should place their trust in.

Many people say that they don't know what Mitt Romney really believes. I contend that while Mitt may change his position on issues, Gingrich doesn't really have any views other than the furtherance of what Newt wants.

If you conservatives are looking for the 'not Mitt' candidate, the last person you should ever want to nominate is Newt Gingrich because you just can't believe anything he says, ever!

It's just sex.
They all do it.
His private life is no one's business.

Isn't this what libs were saying about Clinton?

I'm currently quite comfortable with Romney, but thanks for caring.
The fact that Romney continues to refuse to release his income tax and allowing his opponents to use it as a political issue is beginning to suggest that they may contain a "smoking gun."

When Obama ran for president in 2008, he released 6 years of income tax forms and when Romney's father was a candidate, he released 12 years of past tax forms.

He said he would release them. Are you stupid or are you just pretending to be?

Your belief is merely an opinion and you know the saying....

When you combine Newt's numerous 180 degree changes in positions on the issues in a period of days (as opposed to a more nuanced adjustment), and New't serial cheating on more than one wife (while condemning Clinton for infidelity*), and then his later embrace of family values and religiosity, it all makes a mockery of any honest claim of being principled in any way.

Newt is one of those rare politicians who is quite willing to (as opposed to just merely being capable of) argue either side of an issue with equal passion and false sincerity.

I'm just sitting here laughing my ass off that the left wing loons care sooooooooo much
about the choice of the Republican Party to point out that a candidate might be flawed or had a history or OMG ever had an affair or might have lacked moral compass and screwed up in their past.

Thank you so much for caring libs. :badgrin: We know how passionate you feel about having morally impeccable candidates.

Oh this is too funny!

rep·ro·bate (r
ebreve.gif
p
prime.gif
r
schwa.gif
-b
amacr.gif
t
lprime.gif

Noot Ging Grinch is a big time Con Man. I mean, he's been flim flamming the GOP for decades now. They already kicked him out on his BUTTOCKS in the 90s, but he's come a creepin' back in. And like the simps and palookas they are the GOP has accepted him with open arms.

What many in the GOP are fascinated with is his rhetoric...they are TOTALLY enamored with it, much like with Raygun. The Noot, however, is an even BIGGER actor than The Raygun.

All these maddened GOPers want is someone that outwardly challenges Obama. That's what has them in such a trance. You will note many in public, in da teevee and on this very board state that "I would just LOVE to see Gingrich vs. Obama."

You see, it's all about the show, the actual results, aka the substance...not-so-much.

Watch...

Except everyone has principles. Some principles, like progressive principles, just screw a person up.

The point is flying right over the heads of some of you.

This isn't about Newt being a fat, lying, hypocritical bastard in the past.

It is about his being a fat, lying, hypocritical bastard in the present.

Do try to keep up.

Are you even listening to what is coming out of his mouth?

Newt sounds more and more like Obama with each passing day. "Waaaaah! Mitt is a capitalist! Waaaaaah! Mitt only paid 15 percent in taxes!"

He says a couple months ago that Barney Frank and Chris Dodd should be sent to prison because they had connections to GSE lobbyists. Then it turns out he worked for Freddie's top lobbyist for seven years!

If this is the best anti-Romney candidate the GOP can come up with, the party is well and truly fucked.

You get what you deserve.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back