prime.gif
r
schwa.gif
-b
amacr.gif
t
lprime.gif
)n.1. A morally unprincipled person.

With renewed attention on Newt's personal life, I'm only going to refer to his personal life in passing since Newt's personal life interests me far less than his character as it relates to the kind of public servant he was, the private citizen and public figure he was for years after resigning as Speaker of the House, the candidate he now is, and the president he hopes to become.

Newt will say anything to further his own personal goals. I'm not talking about a political agenda here. I'm saying that Newt is the kind of man who can, and will, say anything, without believing what he is saying at the time. He has no shame. He has no moral center.

Remember the short NATO war with Libya? Originally, Newt said that the president should do something. When the president got involved, Newt said Obama should have done it.

How about his stance on the individual mandate? He supported it, wholeheartedly. Now he says it's unconstitutional?

Global Warming? He made a video with Nancy Pelosi about it. Now he disavows it?

The same thing is true about Newt's statements about Paul Ryan's plan.

How does Newt explain his $1.6 million from Freddie Mac? He gave them historical advice, or something to that effect? Huh?

Newt was fined $300,000 by the House before he left. Hell, he was basically kicked out by his own caucus. Who knew about his leadership strengths and weaknesses better than they did?

There's a LOT more, but I'm pressed for time.

What Newt did to both of his ex-wives are merely examples of the kind of amoral person Newt is. He'll say or do anything to further his interests or to help him get what he wants.

I don't mean any offense to Newt's supporters, per se, but I've watched him for years, and it's been clear to me for a long, long time that Newt isn't the kind of person who people should place their trust in.

Many people say that they don't know what Mitt Romney really believes. I contend that while Mitt may change his position on issues, Gingrich doesn't really have any views other than the furtherance of what Newt wants.

If you conservatives are looking for the 'not Mitt' candidate, the last person you should ever want to nominate is Newt Gingrich because you just can't believe anything he says, ever!

It's just sex.
They all do it.
His private life is no one's business.

Isn't this what libs were saying about Clinton?

That was different. While Clinton, by most accounts, was a serial cheater, he never divorced his wife. In Newt's case, it looks like he dumped both wives when they were ill after having long term affairs.

But again, I'm not really that interested in his personal life except how it helps me gain a clearer understanding into his underlying character and what motivates him in all things. It's a piece of a puzzle that helps to complete the picture of the man. And it ain't a pretty picture.

Newt might actually qualify as a high-functioning sociopath.

Except everyone has principles. Some principles, like progressive principles, just screw a person up.

Newt's principles are progressive. He hates low capital gains taxes, and he hates free enterprise. He can't get enough of GSEs. Would you like to see his speech to GSE employees in 2007? He LOOOOOOVEs GSEs. He says there should be MORE of them. He's a liberal.

Fidelity isn't one of his principles. Reagan's 11th commandment isn't one of his principles. Honesty isn't one of his principles.

So yeah, Newt's progressive principles have fucked him all up.

The point is flying right over the heads of some of you.

This isn't about Newt being a fat, lying, hypocritical bastard in the past.

It is about his being a fat, lying, hypocritical bastard in the present.

Do try to keep up.

Are you even listening to what is coming out of his mouth?

Newt sounds more and more like Obama with each passing day. "Waaaaah! Mitt is a capitalist! Waaaaaah! Mitt only paid 15 percent in taxes!"

He says a couple months ago that Barney Frank and Chris Dodd should be sent to prison because they had connections to GSE lobbyists. Then it turns out he worked for Freddie's top lobbyist for seven years!

If this is the best anti-Romney candidate the GOP can come up with, the party is well and truly fucked.

You get what you deserve.

Agreed. If Newt doesn't have the wisdom to see that temperance and self-control is a virtue worth having, then Newt simply doesn't have the wisdom to lead.

It's just sex.
They all do it.

So it is about hypocrisy, right? So what was Newt saying about Clinton? Oh, yeah. "Impeach Clinton." He impeached Clinton while he himself was lying to Congress and having an affair.

Don't whine when someone is hoisted by their own petard!

You haven't been paying attention, have you? I said that I don't believe that Newt has ANY principles at all, period.

Your belief is merely an opinion and you know the saying....

When you combine Newt's numerous 180 degree changes in positions on the issues in a period of days (as opposed to a more nuanced adjustment), and New't serial cheating on more than one wife (while condemning Clinton for infidelity*), and then his later embrace of family values and religiosity, it all makes a mockery of any honest claim of being principled in any way.

Newt is one of those rare politicians who is quite willing to (as opposed to just merely being capable of) argue either side of an issue with equal passion and false sincerity.

Lets see some links that support your allegations about Newt.

rep·ro·bate (r
ebreve.gif
p
prime.gif
r
schwa.gif
-b
amacr.gif
t
lprime.gif

With renewed attention on Newt's personal life, I'm only going to refer to his personal life in passing since Newt's personal life interests me far less than his character as it relates to the kind of public servant he was, the private citizen and public figure he was for years after resigning as Speaker of the House, the candidate he now is, and the president he hopes to become.

Newt will say anything to further his own personal goals. I'm not talking about a political agenda here. I'm saying that Newt is the kind of man who can, and will, say anything, without believing what he is saying at the time. He has no shame. He has no moral center.

Remember the short NATO war with Libya? Originally, Newt said that the president should do something. When the president got involved, Newt said Obama should have done it.

How about his stance on the individual mandate? He supported it, wholeheartedly. Now he says it's unconstitutional?

How does Newt explain his $1.6 million from Freddie Mac? He gave them historical advice, or something to that effect? Huh?

Newt was fined $300,000 by the House before he left. Hell, he was basically kicked out by his own caucus. Who knew about his leadership strengths and weaknesses better than they did?

What Newt did to both of his ex-wives are merely examples of the kind of amoral person Newt is. He'll say or do anything to further his interests or to help him get what he wants.

I don't mean any offense to Newt's supporters, per se, but I've watched him for years, and it's been clear to me for a long, long time that Newt isn't the kind of person who people should place their trust in.

Many people say that they don't know what Mitt Romney really believes. I contend that while Mitt may change his position on issues, Gingrich doesn't really have any views other than the furtherance of what Newt wants.

If you conservatives are looking for the 'not Mitt' candidate, the last person you should ever want to nominate is Newt Gingrich because you just can't believe anything he says, ever!

Thanks for sharing thirteen paragraphs on your personal feelings on such a momentous matter.

Perhaps you can share thirteen more paragraphs on your sentiments on a married man with a wife and child in the same house sticking cigars in an underlings cootchie and jacking off all over her?

Thanks...

His principles are more progressive than they are conservative. His rhetoric, however, is conservative. Problem is his past statements and actions demonstrate that he has no problem with large government.

You haven't been paying attention, have you? I said that I don't believe that Newt has ANY principles at all, period.

Except everyone has principles. Some principles, like progressive principles, just screw a person up.

Not everyone has principles. Some people just care about themselves. Other people don't mean much to them except how those people can help them or do something for them. Principles don't matter to people like that. They might talk about having principles, but it's only in the furtherance of getting what they want.

rep·ro·bate (r
ebreve.gif
p
prime.gif
r
schwa.gif
-b
amacr.gif
t
lprime.gif

It's just sex.
They all do it.

Whether he is (was) a womanizer or not does not change the fact that he is infinitely more qualified to run this country than the boy king Obama.

People that say that a man that changes wives has no morals are self-righteous, pompous idiots. When a marriage causes great mental anguish to either party, it should be ended. In the pursuit of happiness, a person may marry multiple times before achieving the ultimate goal of being happy.

Screw all you judgmental twits and holy-rollers. Mitt is more unethical and self-centered than Newt.

It's just sex.
They all do it.

So it is about hypocrisy, right? So what was Newt saying about Clinton? Oh, yeah. "Impeach Clinton." He impeached Clinton while he himself was lying to Congress and having an affair.

A petard is a bomb you goofball....

I really don't care (or even care to speculate about...blah, I just threw up in my mouth a little) what Newt does in bed.

I don't know if he's reprobate. He IS a hypocrite and that is there for all to see.

It's just sex.
They all do it.

A petard is a bomb you goofball....

Very good! Did you have to look it up?

I bet you don't know where it came from or understand the reference, either.

Last edited:
I really don't care (or even care to speculate about...blah, I just threw up in my mouth a little) what Newt does in bed.

I don't know if he's reprobate. He IS a hypocrite and that is there for all to see.

It's not about what Newt does in bed. It's about his consistent track record of willingness to profoundly hurt those around him who may stand in the way of his selfish desires. Everyone from personal family members to impersonal homeowners.

rep·ro·bate (r
ebreve.gif
p
prime.gif
r
schwa.gif
-b
amacr.gif
t
lprime.gif

It's just sex.
They all do it.

That was different. While Clinton, by most accounts, was a serial cheater, he never divorced his wife. In Newt's case, it looks like he dumped both wives when they were ill after having long term affairs.

But again, I'm not really that interested in his personal life except how it helps me gain a clearer understanding into his underlying character and what motivates him in all things. It's a piece of a puzzle that helps to complete the picture of the man. And it ain't a pretty picture.

Newt might actually qualify as a high-functioning sociopath.

So cheating on your wife is better than divorcing her? Really?
You think any of these guys are NOT high functioning sociopaths? How old are you?

It's just sex.
They all do it.

No, it has nothing to do with hypocrisy. Clinton was not impeached because he had sex with a subordinate (he should have been removed, like any other CEO). He was impeached because of perjury and obstruction of justice. Has Newt done that? No.
The moral equivalence squad is out in force.

It's just sex.
They all do it.

No, it has nothing to do with hypocrisy. Clinton was not impeached because he had sex with a subordinate (he should have been removed, like any other CEO). He was impeached because of perjury and obstruction of justice. Has Newt done that? No.

Wrong! You seem to be unaware that Newt was the first Speaker in US history who was fined for perjury.

He was lying and cheating on his wife the same time he was impeaching Clinton for...lying.

He was also cheating on his wife while he was saying to the media that he was going to bring up Monica Lewinsky every time he opened his mouth.

Now that has come to light, he is being hoist by his own petard.

Nice try. But come back when you aren't over your head.

The House voted overwhelmingly yesterday to reprimand House Speaker Newt Gingrich (R-Ga.) and order him to pay an unprecedented $300,000 penalty, the first time in the House's 208-year history it has disciplined a speaker for ethical wrongdoing.

The ethics case and its resolution leave Gingrich with little leeway for future personal controversies, House Republicans said. Exactly one month before yesterday's vote, Gingrich admitted that he brought discredit to the House and broke its rules by failing to ensure that financing for two projects would not violate federal tax law and by giving the House ethics committee false information.

Washingtonpost.com: House Reprimands, Penalizes Speaker

Wrong! You seem to be unaware that Newt was the first Speaker in US history who was fined for perjury.

He was lying and cheating on his wife the same time he was impeaching Clinton for...lying.

He was also cheating on his wife while he was saying to the media that he was going to bring up Monica Lewinsky every time he opened his mouth.

Now that has come to light, he is being hoist by his own petard.

Nice try. But come back when you aren't over your head.
He was cleared in the end. But being fined by the House for Perjury and being impeached aren't the same thing. Not remotely comparable.
Clinton was not impeached for lying to his wife. They are not remotely comparable
He is not hoisted on his own petard. In fact he seems to be doing well in the polls.
And I dont even like Newt.

Forum List

Back