New cars without AM radios

No, they cant have you listening to that stuff.
First Tucker now AM radio

Who is next I wonder?

I'm sure they will put Elon out of business before too long.

The great part here is, no laws need to be passed. Just take over corporate America who will dictate to the rest of us.

Last I checked, government and woke corporations working as one politically is fascism.

Fascists gotta fascistize.

Increasingly, auto manufacturers are not including AM radio with their cars.

And as we all know, AM is dominated by conservative talk radio.

Conspiracy anyone?
Trying to reach people via AM radio is like still trying to sell DVDs out of the trunk of your car. 😄

We're not making any new AM listeners or DVD watchers. Whoever is still doing it is the last of their kind.

Yes it's a conspiracy. As noted, American cars still have AM radio. European cars where AM is dying does not.

If it was about content and the content is popular it would get picked up on FM just the same as it does now.

One can also pick up AM broadcasts on your cell phone and play right through your AM less radio.

Opening up the bandwidth for FCC auction ... [ka'ching] ...

I can only repeat what I've heard ... FM is better sound quality ... which is why it took over from AM in the first place ... kinda like how we never see slide rules for sale now that we have electronic calculators ...

most conservative stations here in burley have an FM outlet
Corporations will now drive DNC policy.

Currently corporations are being told to go woke via ESG scores

If you don't comply with Leftist wokism, you will be cancelled from the pack as no one will do business with you.

And as a society, the jobs you can get will be scarce if you don't cimply.

Soon, buying the products may require you to comply with their wokism as well.

Last edited:
Yes it's a conspiracy. As noted, American cars still have AM radio. European cars where AM is dying does not.

If it was about content and the content is popular it would get picked up on FM just the same as it does now.

One can also pick up AM broadcasts on your cell phone and play right through your AM less radio.
EV's do not have AM. And as we all know, Leftists will force us all into them very soon

It's a proces.

i pity anyone who did not live in this general era...this was what america was back then..........you people in your primes today live in a fucking crap hole

EV's do not have AM. And as we all know, Leftists will force us all into them very soon

It's a proces.

I never said that ALL did. EV's do have AM, not all do but none of that has anything to do with anything I said.

There’s probably no real functional “reason” to not include it. Even if younger generations don’t listen to it as much, it’s not like nobody does, and it’s a basic feature that doesn’t require an old medium (this isn’t tape Decks or CD players in cars).

I’m not a Tin fool hat guy, but I could easily see an ESG activist leftist corporation talking about how they have to save the populace from what they deem to be misinformation and hateful speech. Wouldnt surprise me at all.

There’s probably no real functional “reason” to not include it. Even if younger generations don’t listen to it as much, it’s not like nobody does, and it’s a basic feature that doesn’t require an old medium (this isn’t tape Decks or CD players in cars).

I’m not a Tin fool hat guy, but I could easily see an ESG activist leftist corporation talking about how they have to save the populace from what they deem to be misinformation and hateful speech. Wouldnt surprise me at all.

The article notes why it's not being included in some EV's. Interference from the batteries. While it can be overcome European countries where AM is dying see no reason to do so.

Opening up the bandwidth for FCC auction ... [ka'ching] ...

I can only repeat what I've heard ... FM is better sound quality ... which is why it took over from AM in the first place ... kinda like how we never see slide rules for sale now that we have electronic calculators ...

AM has a much larger listening area than FM
It doesnt have the sound quality of FM but is still great for talk radio and sports

It doesnt have the sound quality of FM but is still great for talk radio and sports

Local sports and even pro-sports are all on FM here. If there is a market it will go to where people can access it.

Can't tell me it is to save money by not including a AM tuner or anything because that's probably like .7 cents. The little led around the USB charging porter inside my center console no one ever sees costs more than a AM tuner.

I'm not a big conspiracy theorist but I can honestly seeing left leaning auto makers doing this to help turn off conservative radio stations. Like around here the only way to hear glen beck on the radio is on a AM station same way with rush Limbaugh. They don't get FM play anywhere in my area.

If FM is better sound quality ... then why not listen to sports and talk radio on the FM band ... sell the AM band to the cell phone companies ... technology moves on, maybe AM isn't needed in the 21st Century ...

... this coming from a person who refuses to use a microwave oven ... too funny ...

Forum List

Back