Nevadans Will Have An Opportunity To Vote To Close The "Gunshow Loophole"

How is a background check an intrusion on your rights?
A police officer cannot, absent probable cause and reasonable suspicion, stop me from walking down the street and retain me white he checks to see if I have any outstanding warrants, etc, without violating the constitution.
Background checks do exactly that.

Until I am proven through due process to be unable to use the 2nd Amendment.....if I fill out the background check form I will be violating my right against self incrimination....

Looking forward to seeing what this thread looks like tomorrow when all the gun nuts show up...

I'm convinced that those who are against stricter gun laws are the same ones that support Trump....you can't fix stupid.

Why don't you enlighten all of us?

Explain how this new intrusion into my rights is going to make me safer.

It costs money for one. Second....they want background checks on private sales since we already have background checks on sales at gun shows and gun stores......the reason they want this......is to be able to push for gun registration next. Private sales are not where criminals are getting their guns...they get them through family members and friends who can pass background checks right now.....when universal background checks are passed....and the gun crime rate does not get affected by it....they will next say the reason background checks failed is because we don't have universal gun registration.....and they will use the same argurments they used for every other step in the gun grabbing process......they will hit the media and start commissioning polls of the uninformed to say that people agree...guns should be registered to close the background check loophole....

We know how they work and what they want...

You have yet to tell me how it infringes on anyone's rights.

You don't have a right to money.

Right now in Nevada sales that aren't done through dealers don't have background checks.

Only licensed gun dealers have to do a background check in Nevada. Which leaves a huge loophole for anyone who knows they can't pass that background check to buy a gun without a background check. All the bill does is try to close that loophole.

Trying to actually enforce existing laws isn't violating yours or anyone else's rights.

It's already illegal for felons, those with domestic violence convictions and those who have mental problems to have a gun. All this bill does is actually take steps to enforce the existing laws.

When did you get out of prison? When did you stop beating your wife? When did you get out of a mental institution or stop having to take your meds?

If you aren't any of the already ruled constitutionally prohibited to have a gun, then what's your problem?

No rights are being infringed.

You're perfectly free to buy and own all the weapons you want.

So have a good time.

Looking forward to seeing what this thread looks like tomorrow when all the gun nuts show up...

I'm convinced that those who are against stricter gun laws are the same ones that support Trump....you can't fix stupid.

It costs money for one. Second....they want background checks on private sales since we already have background checks on sales at gun shows and gun stores......the reason they want this......is to be able to push for gun registration next. Private sales are not where criminals are getting their guns...they get them through family members and friends who can pass background checks right now.....when universal background checks are passed....and the gun crime rate does not get affected by it....they will next say the reason background checks failed is because we don't have universal gun registration.....and they will use the same argurments they used for every other step in the gun grabbing process......they will hit the media and start commissioning polls of the uninformed to say that people agree...guns should be registered to close the background check loophole....

Right now in Nevada sales that aren't done through dealers don't have background checks.

Only licensed gun dealers have to do a background check in Nevada. Which leaves a huge loophole for anyone who knows they can't pass that background check to buy a gun without a background check. All the bill does is try to close that loophole.

Trying to actually enforce existing laws isn't violating yours or anyone else's rights.

It's already illegal for felons, those with domestic violence convictions and those who have mental problems to have a gun. All this bill does is actually take steps to enforce the existing laws.

When did you get out of prison? When did you stop beating your wife? When did you get out of a mental institution or stop having to take your meds?

If you aren't any of the already ruled constitutionally prohibited to have a gun, then what's your problem?

So have a good time.

again....any fee charged for a background check is a Poll Tax on that Right.......and they also violate the 5th and 14th Amendments....

The 5th against self incrimination....

The 14th equal protection.....

A police officer cannot, absent probable cause and reasonable suspicion, stop me from walking down the street and retain me white he checks to see if I have any outstanding warrants, etc, without violating the constitution.

Tell that to the supreme court that has already ruled that background checks are constitutional.

You aren't losing your right to own a gun if you're not a felon, not a domestic abuser and you're not mentally incompetent.

Buying a gun isn't the same as walking down the street.

Tell that to the supreme court that has already ruled that background checks are constitutional.

You aren't losing your right to own a gun if you're not a felon, not a domestic abuser and you're not mentally incompetent.

It is a Right........and for the reasons already stated they are Unconstitutional...

So have a good time.

again....any fee charged for a background check is a Poll Tax on that Right.......and they also violate the 5th and 14th Amendments....

Commerce isn't voting. The voting rights act has nothing to do with commerce.

You're really reaching on this and not very well.

It is a Right........and for the reasons already stated they are Unconstitutional...

Tell that to the supreme court.

They'll laugh at you.

So have a good time.

Commerce isn't voting. The voting rights act has nothing to do with commerce.

You're really reaching on this and not very well.

It isn't commerce.....you have a Right to buy and own and carry a gun......any tax that makes it more difficult to do that is a violation of that Right.....democrats used Poll Taxes to keep blacks from voting.......it's just voting? Right? Yet you can't do it...it is against the law....

Tell that to the supreme court.

They'll laugh at you.

Yes...5 politically appointed lawyers...you put your faith in them, I don't.

This is a lie; the SCotUS has ruled no such thing.

And, if you do not have outstanding warrants for your arrest, you aren't losing your right to walk down the street
But, in both cases, the restraint, absent cause or suspicion, intrudes upon you rights and violates the constitution.
You cannot soundly explain how I am wrong.

But the restraint - the intrusion - in the exercise of your rights, absent any cause or suspicion, is the same in both cases.

Last edited:
Be sure to tell us how the vote goes outside of Clark County
To bad one county will able to rule the whole state.

lol, what? This is Nevada dude, almost 3 quarters of the population live in Clark County.

Nevadapopulationdensity.png

lol, what? This is Nevada dude, almost 3 quarters of the population live in Clark County.

Nevadapopulationdensity.png
This is what I said:

This is what you said:

?????????

There have been 127 murders so far this year in Las Vegas. 72% of those murders involved guns.

Murder rate rising | 127 people killed, suspects getting younger
How many people were murdered in Grouse Creek?
or aren't they important.

Grouse Creek? Where's that? Looks like there's a Grouse Creek in Utah, but I don't see one in Nevada.
GC is right next to Nevada, closest to me,but
Jackpot is the closest in state city. Doesn't seam to be a murder problem there.

Forum List

Back