Nevadans Will Have An Opportunity To Vote To Close The "Gunshow Loophole"

Fortunately, Nevadans so far are proving to be smarter than the fucking morons in this thread....
You agree that "super unethical rogue sellers who set up shop at various gun shows and sell to anyone and everyone because they only care about one thing" will not obey the law. Thus, you explained how and why the law will fail.

Given that the law targets the actions of "super unethical rogue sellers who set up shop at various gun shows and sell to anyone and everyone because they only care about one thing" and you agree that these people will not obey this law, it appears YOU understand it will not stop ANY crime.

The only "fucking morons" here are those that support this "initiative" - that is, you.
As you've already pointed out, these "super unethical rogue sellers who set up shop at various gun shows and sell to anyone and everyone because they only care about one thing" are already violating the law. Passing bullshit legislation to make it illegal to illegally sell firearms is the epitome of Democratic anti-gun legislation mania.

Let's try enforcing present law before making new ones that only further burder law-abiding citizens.

Fortunately, Nevadans so far are proving to be smarter than the fucking morons in this thread....
You agree that "super unethical rogue sellers who set up shop at various gun shows and sell to anyone and everyone because they only care about one thing" will not obey the law. Thus, you explained how and why the law will fail.

Given that the law targets the actions of "super unethical rogue sellers who set up shop at various gun shows and sell to anyone and everyone because they only care about one thing" and you agree that these people will not obey this law, it appears YOU understand it will not stop ANY crime.

The only "fucking morons" here are those that support this "initiative" - that is, you.
As you've already pointed out, these "super unethical rogue sellers who set up shop at various gun shows and sell to anyone and everyone because they only care about one thing" are already violating the law. Passing bullshit legislation to make it illegal to illegally sell firearms is the epitome of Democratic anti-gun legislation mania.

Let's try enforcing present law before making new ones that only further burder law-abiding citizens.
-I- know.
I wonder why our petulant friend hasn't addressed this.

Looking forward to seeing what this thread looks like tomorrow when all the gun nuts show up...

I'm convinced that those who are against stricter gun laws are the same ones that support Trump....you can't fix stupid.

Why don't you enlighten all of us?

Explain how this new intrusion into my rights is going to make me safer.

Don't you know how to use Google? Geez, this issue has been around quite a while...if you haven't figured it out by now, I'm sure you'll come up with some lame excuses, similar to the excuses most Trump supporters give for voting for him.

Looking forward to seeing what this thread looks like tomorrow when all the gun nuts show up...

I'm convinced that those who are against stricter gun laws are the same ones that support Trump....you can't fix stupid.

I don't support Trump and I'm against stricter gun laws.

Good for you....that makes one of you.

Several on this thread have said the same, you are wrong. Which for you is normal.

Several on this thread have said the same, you are wrong. Which for you is normal.

Yeah.....I know....just like many on this forum are no longer "Republicans" or "didn't vote for Bush", which for conservatives, it's normal.

Okay bright one.....tell us how this stops a criminal from getting a gun....? And then tell us which new gun laws you like and want.....

A background check will most definitely keep someone with a criminal record from getting a gun. Geez, it isn't rocket science.

Listen, you ignorant buffoon -- that's not what this initiative is for.
:lol:
And so, what is the initiative for?
It's stated very clearly in the OP. Learn how to read.
Ah.
The Background Check Initiative is a common-sense proposal that will close loopholes in Nevada law that make it all too easy for felons, domestic abusers, and the dangerously mentally ill to buy guns

Well, Sparky....

The only "fucking moron" here are those that support this "initiative" - that is, you.

Yeah.....I know....just like many on this forum are no longer "Republicans" or "didn't vote for Bush", which for conservatives, it's normal.

I voted Bush, didn't vote for McCain, not voting for Trump. voted for Bill Clinton. So are wrong, but I can't fix stupid, which is you.

Okay bright one.....tell us how this stops a criminal from getting a gun....? And then tell us which new gun laws you like and want.....

A background check will most definitely keep someone with a criminal record from getting a gun. Geez, it isn't rocket science.

What kind of asinine comment is that? Are we to seriously believe that you THINK that a background check will stop a criminal from getting a gun? You MAY have closed off one of a thousand avenues to a gun ... but, please, don't tell me you believe this will stop someone from getting a gun.

What kind of asinine comment is that? Are we to seriously believe that you THINK that a background check will stop a criminal from getting a gun? You MAY have closed off one of a thousand avenues to a gun ... but, please, don't tell me you believe this will stop someone from getting a gun.

Uh, you're a bit slow, aren't you? Background checks are ALREADY WORKING, you mental midget.

From the OP:

"In 2013 alone, background checks at licensed gun dealers in Nevada stopped 1,904 gun sales to prohibited people -- including 501 to felons and 374 to people convicted of domestic violence misdemeanors or subject to domestic violence protection orders. Closing loopholes in the background check law will make it even harder for criminals and other dangerous people to buy guns. (Everytown for Gun Safety analysis of FBI data, February 12, 2014.)"

Uh, you're a bit slow, aren't you? Background checks are ALREADY WORKING, you mental midget.

From the OP:

"In 2013 alone, background checks at licensed gun dealers in Nevada stopped 1,904 gun sales to prohibited people -- including 501 to felons and 374 to people convicted of domestic violence misdemeanors or subject to domestic violence protection orders. Closing loopholes in the background check law will make it even harder for criminals and other dangerous people to buy guns. (Everytown for Gun Safety analysis of FBI data, February 12, 2014.)"

That wasn't the statement ---- it was said that background checks will stop bad people from getting guns. It doesn't. It only supposedly closes one avenue, when in truth, the proposed law is no more restrictive than the laws currently on the books.. To believe that background checks is going to make you safer is both naive and dangerous.

Your argument has no gravitas.

Background checks.. for gun sales by by FFL dealers, not "super unethical rogue sellers who set up shop at various gun shows and sell to anyone and everyone because they only care about one thing"

You admit these people will not obey the law, and so you agree these people will not perform background checks.
That is, you described why the law will fail.

From the OP:

And those people then went out and got guns illegally...since those caught (if that is even true) are not prosectued....the guy in Charlotte who was killed by police....had domestic violence orders against him and a felony......he bought a stolen gun from a burglar......

Tell us again how they stopped him from getting a gun....

No.....they don't.......the guy in Charlotte killed by police had both a felony conviction and domestic battery restraining order on his record....and he got his gun from a burglar who stole it....do you think either one of them went through a background check...

And again....90% of gun murders in this country are committed by people with criminal records, including felonies...they can't buy, own or carry guns.....they still get guns and murder people....90% of the murders in this country....

How good are those background checks again?

The Background Check Initiative is a common-sense proposal that will close loopholes in Nevada law that make it all too easy for felons, domestic abusers, and the dangerously mentally ill to buy guns. We have the right to bear arms, but with rights come responsibilities. The Background Check Initiative will improve public safety in Nevada by requiring background checks for all gun sales, with reasonable exceptions for family, hunting, and self-defense.

Myth
Nevada already requires background checks for gun sales, so we don't need any new laws.

Fact
Under current law, background checks are only required for gun sales at licensed dealers. Millions of guns change hands each year between unlicensed buyers and sellers, including strangers who meet online or at gun shows -- no background check required, no questions asked. (Philip J. Cook & Jens Ludwig, Guns in America, 1996, available at http://safenevada.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Cook-Ludwig-Guns-in-America-1997.pdf)

Myth
Background checks don't work because criminals will break the law and get guns anyway.

Fact
In 2013 alone, background checks at licensed gun dealers in Nevada stopped 1,904 gun sales to prohibited people -- including 501 to felons and 374 to people convicted of domestic violence misdemeanors or subject to domestic violence protection orders. Closing loopholes in the background check law will make it even harder for criminals and other dangerous people to buy guns. (Everytown for Gun Safety analysis of FBI data, February 12, 2014.)

Vote YES on 1!

Nevadans For Background Checks

My state voted on that in 2014.

It easily passed with 60% of the population voting for it. I was one of those who voted for the background checks.

It shouldn't have to be done on a state by state basis. It should be a uniform law throughout the whole nation.

How is a background check an intrusion on your rights?

It costs money for one. Second....they want background checks on private sales since we already have background checks on sales at gun shows and gun stores......the reason they want this......is to be able to push for gun registration next. Private sales are not where criminals are getting their guns...they get them through family members and friends who can pass background checks right now.....when universal background checks are passed....and the gun crime rate does not get affected by it....they will next say the reason background checks failed is because we don't have universal gun registration.....and they will use the same argurments they used for every other step in the gun grabbing process......they will hit the media and start commissioning polls of the uninformed to say that people agree...guns should be registered to close the background check loophole....

We know how they work and what they want...

It is also a violation of the 5th Amendment and the 14th amendment...

Forum List

Back