Nancy Pelosi's foible on Birth Control: As Explained by Megyn Kelly

Anyhow, I think my work here is done. You guys cannot stand before me or my arguments. I know because of what Joe, Luissa, RW, LL and others are doing right now. Trolling. Name calling, derailing. Not even attempting to engage me in any debate. Face it guys, you got schooled.

Self declared victories are so shallow

Well, that's all he has. That and the High Score in Skyrim.

Words never spoken to Templar "Wow you did a fantastic job. Good work. Well done!"

And this is what modern teaching texts on human embryology have to say:

developing_human.jpg
"Human development begins at fertilization, the process during which a male gamete or sperm (spermatozoo developmentn) unites with a female gamete or oocyte (ovum) to form a single cell called a zygote. This highly specialized, totipotent cell marked the beginning of each of us as a unique individual."

"A zygote is the beginning of a new human being (i.e., an embryo)."
Keith L. Moore, [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Developing-Human-Clinically-Oriented-Embryology/dp/0721694128/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1200603608&sr=8-1"]The Developing Human: Clinically Oriented Embryology, 7th edition[/ame]. Philadelphia, PA: Saunders, 2003. pp. 16, 2.
medical_embryology.jpg
"Development begins with fertilization, the process by which the male gamete, the sperm, and the femal gamete, the oocyte, unite to give rise to a zygote."

T.W. Sadler, [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Langmans-Medical-Embryology-Thomas-Sadler/dp/0781794854/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1200606181&sr=1-1"]Langman's Medical Embryology, 10th edition[/ame]. Philadelphia, PA: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2006. p. 11.
before_we_are_born.jpg
"[The zygote], formed by the union of an oocyte and a sperm, is the beginning of a new human being."

Keith L. Moore, [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Before-Are-Born-Essentials-Embryology/dp/1416037055/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1200604832&sr=1-1"]Before We Are Born: Essentials of Embryology, 7th edition[/ame]. Philadelphia, PA: Saunders, 2008. p. 2.
human_embryology_teratology.jpg
"Although life is a continuous process, fertilization (which, incidentally, is not a 'moment') is a critical landmark because, under ordinary circumstances, a new genetically distinct human organism is formed when the chromosomes of the male and female pronuclei blend in the oocyte."

Ronan O'Rahilly and Fabiola Müller, [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Human-Embryology-Teratology-Ronan-ORahilly/dp/0471382256/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1200604789&sr=1-1"]Human Embryology and Teratology, 3rd edition[/ame]. New York: Wiley-Liss, 2001. p. 8.
human_embryology.jpg
"Human embryos begin development following the fusion of definitive male and female gametes during fertilization... This moment of zygote formation may be taken as the beginning or zero time point of embryonic development."

William J. Larsen, [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Essentials-Human-Embryology-William-Larsen/dp/044307514X/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1200607366&sr=1-8"]Essentials of Human Embryology[/ame]. New York: Churchill Livingstone, 1998. pp. 1, 14.
Even texts dating back to before and after Roe v. Wade make the same acknowledgement:

pattens_human_embryology.jpg
"It is the penetration of the ovum by a spermatozoan and resultant mingling of the nuclear material each brings to the union that constitues the culmination of the process of fertilization and marks the initiation of the life of a new individual."

Clark Edward Corliss, [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Human-Embryology-Bradley-Merrill-Patten/dp/0070131503/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1200609935&sr=1-1"]Patten's Human Embryology[/ame]: Elements of Clinical Development. New York: McGraw Hill, 1976. p. 30.
obstetrics.jpg
"The term conception refers to the union of the male and female pronuclear elements of procreation from which a new living being develops."
"The zygote thus formed represents the beginning of a new life."

J.P. Greenhill and E.A. Friedman, [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Biological-principles-modern-practice-obstetrics/dp/0721642578/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1200608801&sr=1-1"]Biological Principles and Modern Practice of Obstetrics[/ame]. Philadelphia: W.B. Saunders, 1974. pp. 17, 23.
pathology_fetus_infant.jpg
"Every time a sperm cell and ovum unite a new being is created which is alive and will continue to live unless its death is brought about by some specific condition."
E.L. Potter and J.M. Craig, [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Pathology-fetus-infant-Louise-Potter/dp/0815167601/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1200609324&sr=1-3"]Pathology of the Fetus and the Infant[/ame], 3rd edition. Chicago: Year Book Medical Publishers, 1975. p. vii.

Anyhow, I think my work here is done. You guys cannot stand before me or my arguments. I know because of what Joe, Luissa, RW, LL and others are doing right now. Trolling. Name calling, derailing. Not even attempting to engage me in any debate. Face it guys, you got schooled.

You've won again! Wow! What is that, like 1000 victories in a row for you? You are really great. Superior intellect!

Hello, idiot. You've not done any work here. Every person who has done you the favor of engaging you in this thread stands far above you and considers your arguments to be silly.

Guy, lots of arguments were made against your position. You refused to address them.

Instead you whined about how everyone is picking on you.

So let's look at this as the anatomy of a Templar Thread.

Long, boring, pompous OP brimming with self-importance.

People challenge your basic faulty premises and broad assumptions.

You start whining about how everyone is picking on you.

People start mocking you.

You declare victory and quit.

Did I miss any steps?

You've won again! Wow! What is that, like 1000 victories in a row for you? You are really great. Superior intellect!

Hello, idiot. You've not done any work here. Every person who has done you the favor of engaging you in this thread stands far above you and considers your arguments to be silly.

You mad bro?

You mad bro?

Nope.

Birth Control decisions are between a woman, her husband, her doctors and her faith

Her employer has no business inserting himself into that decision

I agree, and she should be able to buy any birth control pill or device that she wants to use. Thanks to the SC ruling, her employer can decide which ones he wants to buy for her.

Birth Control decisions are between a woman, her husband, her doctors and her faith

Her employer has no business inserting himself into that decision

I agree, and she should be able to buy any birth control pill or device that she wants to use. Thanks to the SC ruling, her employer can decide which ones he wants to buy for her.

Please tell me you're being sarcastic. Free birth control constitutes a woman giving control of her choices to the government, not making them for herself. Pro choice? Yeah, right.

Last edited:
Well, it's not like he has a job to get to.

Well, it's not like you had an argument to make...

I did make an argument. You've been avoiding it all morning.

How do you make a woman keep a fetus she doesn't want without totally violating her human rights?

Thanks.

I didn't avoid your argument. I crushed it. You evaded by calling me childish names.

How can you call yourself compassionate when you want to end a child's life? Oh feed the children you say, so how can you 'feed the children' when you keep slaughtering them in the womb?

Your arguments are garbage.

Forum List

Back