Nancy Pelosi's foible on Birth Control: As Explained by Megyn Kelly

We humans have 46 genetic markers specific to our species. When they are all united via sperm and ovum, you have what will become a human fetus. Note how we call the fetus human, not just a clump of cells. When it develops, it becomes recognizable, legs, feet, head, toes, fingers, facial features, etc...

If you genetically tested a developing fetus (child), you would find 46 distinct genetic markers unique to the human species, 23 from the mother, 23 from the father. The fact that this 'clump of cells' possesses all the genetic information it needs to become a human, it is therefore human. No way around it.

Yes. Human. A human fetus. Give that boy a gold star!

This is all to easy. Sitting here being fat and jobless has it's benefits. I can educate myself.

Okay, and what good does that do you?

Frankly, the only thing separating you from a cardboard box on the underpass right now is the kindness of others.

If you put as much effort into a job search as you do into your "hobbies", maybe you could accomplish something.

In fact, if people knew their latin, 'fetus' means 'small baby' roughly translated. It means that the child has developed well enough to be associated with it's own species. The fact that you contend to have a non human being growing within a fully developed one defies logic, and science.

Last edited:
In fact, if people knew their latin, 'fetus' means 'small baby' roughly translated. It means that the child has developed well enough to be associated with it's own species. The fact that you have a non human being growing within a fully developed one defies logic, and science.

Okay, guy. Let's play fantasy land and pretend fetuses are really babies.

so now, now do you prevent women who don't want to be pregnant from getting abortions?

Let's pretend we accept your view, how do you turn that into a workable law.

Thanks.

In fact, if people knew their latin, 'fetus' means 'small baby' roughly translated. It means that the child has developed well enough to be associated with it's own species. The fact that you have a non human being growing within a fully developed one defies logic, and science.

Did anyone ever argue that a human fetus isn't human? It seems you are having a discussion with your own imagination. Perhaps another "benefit" of being jobless and friendless?

In fact, if people knew their latin, 'fetus' means 'small baby' roughly translated. It means that the child has developed well enough to be associated with it's own species. The fact that you contend to have a non human being growing within a fully developed one defies logic, and science.

Actually, the definition is more than that. Yet the right is trying to change that. Fetus even in Latin is after the egg attaches to the uterus.

For example, the field of human embryology. The very name lends credence to the argument that humans are human from zygote onwards. We don't call it 'fetal embryology' now do we?

Last edited:
Science is on MY side.

Even the National Institute of Health refers to them as human beings, before they develop into the fetal stage. For example, this paper refers to them as "embryonic human persons."

Embryonic human persons. Talking Point on morality and human embryo research

Doesn't answer the question posed earlier. How do you keep women from having abortions?

Thanks.

COrrect answer is not "Let their employer fuck with their contraception". That actually makes abortions more likely.

In the top drawer of my desk, I keep [a picture of my son]. This picture was taken on September 7, 1993, 24 weeks before he was born. The sonogram image is murky, but it reveals clear enough a small head tilted back slightly, and an arm raised up and bent, with the hand pointing back toward the face and the thumb extended out toward the mouth. There is no doubt in my mind that this picture, too, shows [my son] at a very early stage in his physical development. And there is no question that the position I defend in this book entails that it would have been morally permissible to end his life at this point.

David Boonin, [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Defense-Abortion-Cambridge-Studies-Philosophy/dp/0521520355/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1200603979&sr=1-1"]A Defense of Abortion[/ame].

Clinging to a rhetoric about abortion in which there is no life and no death, we entangle our beliefs in a series of self-delusions, fibs and evasions. And we risk becoming precisely what our critics charge us with being: callous, selfish and casually destructive men and women who share a cheapened view of human life...we need to contextualize the fight to defend abortion rights within a moral framework that admits that the death of a fetus is a real death.
Naiomi Wolf, Feminist, Pro-Abortion advocate

It is possible to give ‘human being’ a precise meaning. We can use it as equivalent to ‘member of the species Homo sapiens’. Whether a being is a member of a given species is something that can be determined scientifically, by an examination of the nature of the chromosomes in the cells of living organisms. In this sense there is no doubt that from the first moments of its existence an embryo conceived from human sperm and eggs is a human being.

Peter Singer, [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Practical-Ethics-Peter-Singer/dp/052143971X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&tag=abort73com-20&s=books&qid=1279587067&sr=8-1"]Practical Ethics[/ame]

There is simply no doubt that even the early embryo is a human being. All its genetic coding and all its features are indisputably human. As to being, there is no doubt that it exists, is alive, is self-directed, and is not the the same being as the mother–and is therefore a unified whole.
Bernard Nathanson, Co-founder of NARAL

http://www.columbia.edu/cu/augustine/arch/nathanson.html
Of course, I was pleased with Justice Harry Blackmun's abortion decisions, which were an unbelievably sweeping triumph for our cause, far broader than our 1970 victory in New York or the advances since then. I was pleased with Blackmun's conclusions, that is. I could not plumb the ethical or medical reasoning that had produced the conclusions. Our final victory had been propped up on a misreading of obstetrics, gynecology, and embryology, and that's a dangerous way to win.
Dr. Nathanson on Roe v. Wade.

Anyhow, I think my work here is done. You guys cannot stand before me or my arguments. I know because of what Joe, Luissa, RW, LL and others are doing right now. Trolling. Name calling, derailing. Not even attempting to engage me in any debate. Face it guys, you got schooled.

Anyhow, I think my work here is done. You guys cannot stand before me or my arguments. I know because of what Joe, Luissa, RW, LL and others are doing right now. Trolling. Name calling, derailing. Not even attempting to engage me in any debate. Face it guys, you got schooled.

Self declared victories are so shallow

Geesh... there is no getting through to you is there?

It would be nice that rather if you stopped spamming the thread with anti-choice propaganda, you articulated policy proposals that would reduce the number of abortions.

I don't have a moral opinion on abortion at this point. I used to. Last bit of vestigal Catholic indoctrination I got rid of was clinging to this stupidity about fetuses being babies.

But the reality is, as long as it is inside a woman and can't survive without that woman's support, it's really her choice at the end of the day.

The Communist Dictatorship in Romania tried to outlaw abortion, and it worked for exactly one year.

Then the abortion rates went right back up to where they were.

Forum List

Back