CDZ My tax refund

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use a local accounting firm here where I live and each year for the past 4 years have gotten back around 1200.00. After so many years of having to pay from being self employed, it was a nice change and little bit "extra" to sock away. Plus when I worked at the prison I would claim max dependents to get as much pay as possible, and we always got little back or had to pay a small amount.

Anyway this year after my wifes w2's came in and the bank statements and house interest and stuff came in I went down to file again. I'll admit I really didn't know what to expect with the new tax thing passed into law now by the Trump administration. This morning I got up and jaw nearly hit the floor!

View attachment 175900

That's right! 2973.00 dollars! Go Trump! Lock them up! Now I know the usual crowd of haters will show up here to make all manner of false claims, but hey, this is real! That said unless someone has a serious question, I won't reply to any posts. And, this money almost pays for the very clean used SUV I bought last week! Take care.

Good for you.. what kind of SUV did you get.

I wonder if your refund will change in 2025 when the tax break ends ?

Why would it end eaglewings?

The Middle class tax cut ends in 2025, but the top 1% stays permanent. Just saying that a democrat will be in office probably and will be blamed for it..lol..but maybe congress will vote to keep it.

If it goes away in 25 who do you think the responsible party will be?

Whomever is in office will be blamed if it sticks.. This is what the GOP planned they were so worried about re-election so this is how they did it.
All of them are crooks.

I worked on transmissions and T-cases for 30 plus years, and the trans and t-case work perfect or I wouldn't have paid 3200 for it.

You have 95% more experience with trannys then I do, I hate that stuff like I said, I did it before but when in the $$$

I will just hire a guy like you to do it :)
I still work on them, but not near as much as when I was full time. Last month I did two for the guy I work with. Admittedly I am getting tired of them, but it is fairly easy money, so....

Anyway I pulled the pan on the Envoy and it's clean as whistle so maybe it will last. We also have a trailblazer with 225,000 miles on it. Had to do the trans in it last year. Parts cost me about 600.00 to do a fair job on it. Could have done it for less but I didn't want to use the planetary gears over.

Oh your a mechanic by trade?

All I can say you guys do a decent job and I really do appreciate you guys ...
I worked on automatic transmission and related stuff daily for 30 years. I had a tranny shop for almost ten years but I got tired of all the hassles. Worked in prison for about 6 or 7 and now I do maybe 7 or 8 trans jobs a year. Plus I help the guy I work with out when he needs some help. He recently put a used trans in a 2002 dodge ram and the electronics were wrong. Easy fix for me but he didn't know what to do. But it's all good, he helps me put with other car stuff and I use his shop for oil changes and stuff. A lift is nice. He's funny, anytime some thing is hinkey with a trans job he panics big time!

Well then you are a perfect person to know a good used car if you see one.

Now a days things have turned so electronic ( including in the home ) they make them to break..makes me very mad.

Good used cars/trucks are easy to spot.
They have this on the front.....
upload_2018-2-10_9-30-30.png

I use a local accounting firm here where I live and each year for the past 4 years have gotten back around 1200.00. After so many years of having to pay from being self employed, it was a nice change and little bit "extra" to sock away. Plus when I worked at the prison I would claim max dependents to get as much pay as possible, and we always got little back or had to pay a small amount.

Anyway this year after my wifes w2's came in and the bank statements and house interest and stuff came in I went down to file again. I'll admit I really didn't know what to expect with the new tax thing passed into law now by the Trump administration. This morning I got up and jaw nearly hit the floor!

View attachment 175900

That's right! 2973.00 dollars! Go Trump! Lock them up! Now I know the usual crowd of haters will show up here to make all manner of false claims, but hey, this is real! That said unless someone has a serious question, I won't reply to any posts. And, this money almost pays for the very clean used SUV I bought last week! Take care.
You do know that no refunds will be issued until after the 21st unless you use the child care tax credit and EIC that will refund after the 27th...??
What I know is that I have 2900 dollars in the bank.
They make folks with kids wait...That way old fucks can buy all the junk on sale first...

View attachment 175900

You do know that no refunds will be issued until after the 21st unless you use the child care tax credit and EIC that will refund after the 27th...??

What you do with that 2900 bucks is the question..

Go to tahatii you deserve it!
he's had his eye on a purple item..

I worked on automatic transmission and related stuff daily for 30 years. I had a tranny shop for almost ten years but I got tired of all the hassles. Worked in prison for about 6 or 7 and now I do maybe 7 or 8 trans jobs a year. Plus I help the guy I work with out when he needs some help. He recently put a used trans in a 2002 dodge ram and the electronics were wrong. Easy fix for me but he didn't know what to do. But it's all good, he helps me put with other car stuff and I use his shop for oil changes and stuff. A lift is nice. He's funny, anytime some thing is hinkey with a trans job he panics big time!

How big are you to work at a prison and work on trannys?

I never been to prision, but to jail @ cook county up in Chicago and those guards are huge..i can't imagine them working on tranny' s you have to be small like me

I went to jail in the early 1980's for drinking and driving a 280 ZX... remember those?

Anyway it was horrible in there, I can not imagine being in prison.

Glad that you moved on Mike and got things straight ..

I hate to post this eaglewings, but i kind of liked jail, every guy just wanted to get out..

I got to talk with guys I would of never had a chance to on the outside, we developed friendships, laughed watched out for each other.

If only there was weed women and beer.......

You have 95% more experience with trannys then I do, I hate that stuff like I said, I did it before but when in the $$$

I will just hire a guy like you to do it :)
I still work on them, but not near as much as when I was full time. Last month I did two for the guy I work with. Admittedly I am getting tired of them, but it is fairly easy money, so....

Anyway I pulled the pan on the Envoy and it's clean as whistle so maybe it will last. We also have a trailblazer with 225,000 miles on it. Had to do the trans in it last year. Parts cost me about 600.00 to do a fair job on it. Could have done it for less but I didn't want to use the planetary gears over.

Well then you are a perfect person to know a good used car if you see one.

Now a days things have turned so electronic ( including in the home ) they make them to break..makes me very mad.

Good used cars/trucks are easy to spot.
They have this on the front.....
View attachment 175910

Let me drive your blue truck and I will decide for myself :)

I never been to prision, but to jail @ cook county up in Chicago and those guards are huge..i can't imagine them working on tranny' s you have to be small like me

I went to jail in the early 1980's for drinking and driving a 280 ZX... remember those?

I hate to post this eaglewings, but i kind of liked jail, every guy just wanted to get out..

I got to talk with guys I would of never had a chance to on the outside, we developed friendships, laughed watched out for each other.

We had almost as good, I remember a big ass black guy smuggle me in cocaine in a flip watch he tradeded me for some hunney buns

View attachment 175900

The Middle class tax cut ends in 2025, but the top 1% stays permanent. Just saying that a democrat will be in office probably and will be blamed for it..lol..but maybe congress will vote to keep it.

Whomever is in office will be blamed if it sticks.. This is what the GOP planned they were so worried about re-election so this is how they did it.
All of them are crooks.

Blamed?
I'm pretty sure most people want to keep more of their own money and whoever is responsible for taking it back isn't going to be looked at in a kind light.

According to the Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes (PATH) Act, the IRS cannot issue refunds before mid-February for tax returns that claim the Earned Income Tax Credit or the Additional Child Tax Credit. This applies to the entire refund, even the portion not associated with these credits

Bear, next time you need to fix something look on youtube.. you can learn to do anything on youtube.

I fixed my own shower head ( so freakin easy )

And I learned how to order the right light for my tailgate and it a few bucks to put in for me. Such a pain to drop the car off and pay over a hundred dollars for simple things.

Thinking more about your post eaglewings, you tube really empower' s females..

I remember a few times when one of my aunt's called me up in the 80s 90s to come over to fix there car or help them fix there electricity..

Knowing how to work on things like you do must come in handy.

My husband works in the garden , but is not a handyman. We always have to call someone to come and fix it.

Youtube is awesome to fix small things.

You remind me of my friend Samantha down the street, she is like 55 years old and works at Clemson, she got me a few side jobs working for the college foot ball games.

She works her husband is retired and just puts around the house.

I wish I could work, I have a little ebay store.. cancer treatment has left me with some bad side effects. I push myself, but most days I am tired. so I hang out here..lol..

Yup you remind me of so many of my childhood "girlfriends" from school on Facebook..

All I ever hear from them is cancer, hospital..and so much despair.

Right now I am temporarily stuck having to rest my arm since Nov. I got lymphedema and I am going to physical therapy.
I could live another 40 years..lol..
I am so thankful for the computer/internet our parents ect were so isolated.

I remember a few times when one of my aunt's called me up in the 80s 90s to come over to fix there car or help them fix there electricity..

My husband works in the garden , but is not a handyman. We always have to call someone to come and fix it.

You remind me of my friend Samantha down the street, she is like 55 years old and works at Clemson, she got me a few side jobs working for the college foot ball games.

I wish I could work, I have a little ebay store.. cancer treatment has left me with some bad side effects. I push myself, but most days I am tired. so I hang out here..lol..

Yup you remind me of so many of my childhood "girlfriends" from school on Facebook..

Right now I am temporarily stuck having to rest my arm since Nov. I got lymphedema and I am going to physical therapy.
My old Papa used to watch a lot of TV..

We had almost as good, I remember a big ass black guy smuggle me in cocaine in a flip watch he tradeded me for some hunney buns

I will never know how that dude got the cocaine in..

But it was funny I had a black cell mate stand outside the cell door watching for guards..while I got high as all hell :)

Good times even when your locked up :)

All of them are crooks.

Blamed?
I'm pretty sure most people want to keep more of their own money and whoever is responsible for taking it back isn't going to be looked at in a kind light.

Did you know that the GOP planned it that way, so people would think that they got a good thing but it is going to expire? Hopefully it will be extended in 2025.
the way it is right now, it will be our children who will have to deal with it, like everything else we are doing to them..

I think we are going to see many more millenials standing up and fighting this next election..

But it was funny I had a black cell mate stand outside the cell door watching for guards..while I got high as all hell :)

:auiqs.jpg:

Yea I know eaglewings, the computer/internet makes you feel useful ..

My old Papa used to watch a lot of TV..

I know that you have had some health issues too..I think many of us regulars on here are either retired or dealing with health issues.

I remember another funny story I wanted to go to church, so I went to church at jail and I started to follow the wrong inmates (all skinny blacks look the same to me) and I ended up in the wrong cell block..

The guard was pissed at me..he said I was trying to escape.

I am like no I am just trying to find my way back to my cell..

It was hilarious..

I got a dewey in the late eighties and they gave me three weekends in jail.
Man it sucked turning yourself in every friday night.

I'd slip 15 to 20 smokes and individual paper matches and the striker into the lining of my jacket and bartered them for desserts.

The last weekend I didnt do it and they searched all of us thoroughly.

View attachment 175900

What you do with that 2900 bucks is the question..

Go to tahatii you deserve it!
I'll most likely save most of it and send my wife on a plane trip with some of it. I don't really need anything, got all the guns and ammo I need and I don't mind driving older cars.

I remember another funny story I wanted to go to church, so I went to church at jail and I started to follow the wrong inmates (all skinny blacks look the same to me) and I ended up in the wrong cell block..

The guard was pissed at me..he said I was trying to escape.

I am like no I am just trying to find my way back to my cell..

It was hilarious..
You were what is called "Out of place" and usually no one will believe it was an accident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back