CDZ Is This the most Boring Olympics ever?

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
Just Wondering.

This ranks up there with kneeling NFL players as something I might be able to care less about but I can't I can't even work up the energy to do so.

Last edited:
It is so boring that I'm ignoring the Olympics. Somebody wake me up when the North and South Koreans start going hand-to-hand with bayonets and entrenching tools. :04:

My favorite winter events are the skating competitions, and yes, it seems there are no outstanding stars there like there used to be, but that is most likely because the average quality of the athletes is actually higher now than in the past; going back and watching old video tapes from past Olympics, that seems to be the case. Outside of the skaters, I never got into most other winter sports, so I can't speak about them; I like snow skiing a lot, but like baseball it bores me to tears unless I'm playing myself.

As for S Korean,s I hope they win a few medals, for the 'home team'; they're an amazing people in general, and I especially enjoy their musicians that they enter into the Van Cliburn competitions here every couple of years, and some of their opera singers are just unreal talents as well; I don't think anybody has ever topped Sumi Jo's cover of The Revenge of the Night Queen's Aria to this day.

My favorite winter events are the skating competitions, and yes, it seems there are no outstanding stars there like there used to be, but that is most likely because the average quality of the athletes is actually higher now than in the past; going back and watching old video tapes from past Olympics, that seems to be the case. Outside of the skaters, I never got into most other winter sports, so I can't speak about them; I like snow skiing a lot, but like baseball it bores me to tears unless I'm playing myself.

As for S Korean,s I hope they win a few medals, for the 'home team'; they're an amazing people in general, and I especially enjoy their musicians that they enter into the Van Cliburn competitions here every couple of years, and some of their opera singers are just unreal talents as well; I don't think anybody has ever topped Sumi Jo's cover of The Revenge of the Night Queen's Aria to this day.

When the big news is the political non-negotiations that's bad. As to fitness my goal is to get up to 6 km per session on the rowing machine from the 4 I manage to do now.

It is so boring that I'm ignoring the Olympics. Somebody wake me up when the North and South Koreans start going hand-to-hand with bayonets and entrenching tools. :04:

Yeah, it's not so much the boring (Himself has been watching curling! I ask you.... And last night we watched ski jumping, which mainly consisted of a Swiss guy moving out to the jump platform, then back, then out, then back, while the wind blew too hard for some technical issue. I thought he was going to have to be hospitalized for hypothermia, he was shivering the whole time. I never saw him jump; I gave up and went to bed.

It's that it's depressing! The whole thing is really about global politics: North Korea getting almost all the attention, and the rest goes to Russia, which somehow has ended up a victim despite doing continual doping and illegal stuff for decades. Remember when they used all those hermaphrodite women?

It's all yucky. I would never tune into it at all by myself, and speaking of not standing for the flag, I stopped watching NFL permanently a few years ago when the players were beating up all their baby mamas and little children, so I never saw any of the unpatriotic stuff.

Video games! That's the new spectator sport, and we can play the games ourselves also. That's where it's at. I play and watch PUBG, Playerunknown's Battlegrounds.

Snow Boarding wasnt boring!!! Especially when that 17 yr old kid from Colorado won.

Ice skating is always my favorite. I hope that Biney? girl wins big. Her dad gave up so much to help her do this and they are both so pumped.

Just Wondering.

This ranks up there with kneeling NFL players as something I might be able to care less about but I can't I can't even work up the energy to do so.

i have not tuned in this morning

on drudge they had a piece by CBS

talking about the "dog meat" industry

--LOL

Is This the most Boring Olympics ever?

I don't think so. It seems to me neither more nor less boring than any other Olympics.

I just watches a luge run in which the announcer was hollering with all sorts of excitement about it. I sort of became interested, however briefly, about what was going on, even though the mere word "luge" likely wouldn't ever have cause to use or encounter but for the fact that the Olympics are on television. How boring can something be if even for a moment one can be brought to be interested in something that for the prior four years never crossed one's mind?

Edit:
Besides, how boring can something be when one is all but ensured of at least hearing some great music, like Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue. What's to be bored with in that?

Last edited:
Snow Boarding wasnt boring!!! Especially when that 17 yr old kid from Colorado won..

I thought a girl from California won that, the one whose father immigrated from Korea. I saw here on the news yesterday with clips of her routines; great stuff.

Just Wondering.

If they showed more events instead of the same ones every damn time, I'd get more into it.

nbc really needs to be banned by the Olympics. the first day was nothing but reruns of the opener

If they showed more events instead of the same ones every damn time, I'd get more into it.

nbc really needs to be banned by the Olympics. the first day was nothing but reruns of the opener

NBC is the only network that has enough other stations to cover all the other events no one cares about.
I love the way you show your support for America.

Canaduh is just north of you

uhm, yea, it's the most popular event in winter Olympics.

That's kind of a leper with the most fingers distinction, isn't it? Did anyone care all that much about it before 1994? The ironic thing is Tonya Harding did more to make that sport popular than anyone, and she's banned from it.

I'm supposed to suddenly care about Luge and skiing because Patriotism? Really?

Olympics Opening Ceremony Snags 27.8M Viewers; Slides From Sochi 2014 – Update

A tape-delayed opener to the Games in South Korea that brought in 27.8 million viewers on the network AKA a chilly 12% drop from the official start of the last Winter Olympics just over four years ago in Sochi.

uhm, yea, it's the most popular event in winter Olympics.

That's kind of a leper with the most fingers distinction, isn't it? Did anyone care all that much about it before 1994? The ironic thing is Tonya Harding did more to make that sport popular than anyone, and she's banned from it.

I'm supposed to suddenly care about Luge and skiing because Patriotism? Really?

Olympics Opening Ceremony Snags 27.8M Viewers; Slides From Sochi 2014 – Update

A tape-delayed opener to the Games in South Korea that brought in 27.8 million viewers on the network AKA a chilly 12% drop from the official start of the last Winter Olympics just over four years ago in Sochi.
you must be very young, figure skating is very popular.

Forum List

Back