CDZ My tax refund

Status
Not open for further replies.

miketx

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2015
I use a local accounting firm here where I live and each year for the past 4 years have gotten back around 1200.00. After so many years of having to pay from being self employed, it was a nice change and little bit "extra" to sock away. Plus when I worked at the prison I would claim max dependents to get as much pay as possible, and we always got little back or had to pay a small amount.

Anyway this year after my wifes w2's came in and the bank statements and house interest and stuff came in I went down to file again. I'll admit I really didn't know what to expect with the new tax thing passed into law now by the Trump administration. This morning I got up and jaw nearly hit the floor!

screenshot_347.png

That's right! 2973.00 dollars! Go Trump! Lock them up! Now I know the usual crowd of haters will show up here to make all manner of false claims, but hey, this is real! That said unless someone has a serious question, I won't reply to any posts. And, this money almost pays for the very clean used SUV I bought last week! Take care.

Last edited:
I use a local accounting firm here where I live and each year for the past 4 years have gotten back around 1200.00. After so many years of having to pay from being self employed, it was a nice change and little bit "extra" to sock away. Plus when I worked at the prison I would claim max dependents to get as much pay as possible, and we always got little back or had to pay a small amount.

Anyway this year after my wifes w2's came in and the bank statements and house interest and stuff came in I went down to file again. I'll admit I really didn't know what to expect with the new tax thing passed into law now by the Trump administration. This morning I got up and jaw nearly hit the floor!

View attachment 175900

That's right! 2973.00 dollars! Go Trump! Lock them up! Now I know the usual crowd of haters will show up here to make all manner of false claims, but hey, this is real! That said unless someone has a serious question, I won't reply to any posts. And, this money almost pays for the very clean used SUV I bought last week! Take care.

Good for you.. what kind of SUV did you get.

I wonder if your refund will change in 2025 when the tax break ends ?

• Banned

View attachment 175900

I bought a very clean 03 GMC Envoy with 102,000 miles on it. 3200 dollars. 4x4 everything works but the speedo and the tach, and that's the instrument panel cluster stepper motors that are bad, a common problem on GM. 30 dollars to fix.

View attachment 175900

Why would it end eaglewings?

View attachment 175900

I bought a very clean 03 GMC Envoy with 102,000 miles on it. 3200 dollars. 4x4 everything works but the speedo and the tach, and that's the instrument panel cluster stepper motors that are bad, a common problem on GM. 30 dollars to fix.

You only spent $3,200 on it?

Yup you have a huge problem on your hands, I hope you like trying to take out a 4 wheel drive transmission.

View attachment 175900

Nice..what color?

upload_2018-2-10_5-49-58.jpeg

View attachment 175900

Yup you have a huge problem on your hands, I hope you like trying to take out a 4 wheel drive transmission.

My stupid old blazer 4x4 only was $2,000 it was to good to be true, like we talked on the other thread.

View attachment 175900

The Middle class tax cut ends in 2025, but the top 1% stays permanent. Just saying that a democrat will be in office probably and will be blamed for it..lol..but maybe congress will vote to keep it.

• Banned

View attachment 175900

Nice..what color?

View attachment 175903
Black.

View attachment 175900

I worked on transmissions and T-cases for 30 plus years, and the trans and t-case work perfect or I wouldn't have paid 3200 for it.

View attachment 175900

The Middle class tax cut ends in 2025, but the top 1% stays permanent. Just saying that a democrat will be in office probably and will be blamed for it..lol..but maybe congress will vote to keep it.

Eagle wings it will just be like Obama making over 80% of Bush jr. tax cuts permanent, I don't know why you think a democrat would even Try to take away an entitlement.

View attachment 175900

Bingo!

Congress could vote to extend or make it permanent.

View attachment 175900

I worked on transmissions and T-cases for 30 plus years, and the trans and t-case work perfect or I wouldn't have paid 3200 for it.

You have 95% more experience with trannys then I do, I hate that stuff like I said, I did it before but when in the $$$

I will just hire a guy like you to do it :)

Bruce, please stop messaging me to loan you dildo money! ;)

View attachment 175900

You have 95% more experience with trannys then I do, I hate that stuff like I said, I did it before but when in the $$$

Haaa Haaa I had to read this a few times.. Tranny's...

Haaa Haaa I had to read this a few times.. Tranny's...

You know me I wrote it that way on purpose :)

View attachment 175900

I still work on them, but not near as much as when I was full time. Last month I did two for the guy I work with. Admittedly I am getting tired of them, but it is fairly easy money, so....

Anyway I pulled the pan on the Envoy and it's clean as whistle so maybe it will last. We also have a trailblazer with 225,000 miles on it. Had to do the trans in it last year. Parts cost me about 700.00 to do a fair job on it. Could have done it for less but I didn't want to use the planetary gears over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back