CDZ My tax refund

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good for you.. what kind of SUV did you get.

I wonder if your refund will change in 2025 when the tax break ends ?
I bought a very clean 03 GMC Envoy with 102,000 miles on it. 3200 dollars. 4x4 everything works but the speedo and the tach, and that's the instrument panel cluster stepper motors that are bad, a common problem on GM. 30 dollars to fix.

You only spent $3,200 on it?

Yup you have a huge problem on your hands, I hope you like trying to take out a 4 wheel drive transmission.
I worked on transmissions and T-cases for 30 plus years, and the trans and t-case work perfect or I wouldn't have paid 3200 for it.

You have 95% more experience with trannys then I do, I hate that stuff like I said, I did it before but when in the $$$

I will just hire a guy like you to do it :)
I still work on them, but not near as much as when I was full time. Last month I did two for the guy I work with. Admittedly I am getting tired of them, but it is fairly easy money, so....

Anyway I pulled the pan on the Envoy and it's clean as whistle so maybe it will last. We also have a trailblazer with 225,000 miles on it. Had to do the trans in it last year. Parts cost me about 600.00 to do a fair job on it. Could have done it for less but I didn't want to use the planetary gears over.

Oh your a mechanic by trade?

All I can say you guys do a decent job and I really do appreciate you guys ...

I bought a very clean 03 GMC Envoy with 102,000 miles on it. 3200 dollars. 4x4 everything works but the speedo and the tach, and that's the instrument panel cluster stepper motors that are bad, a common problem on GM. 30 dollars to fix.

Yup you have a huge problem on your hands, I hope you like trying to take out a 4 wheel drive transmission.
I worked on transmissions and T-cases for 30 plus years, and the trans and t-case work perfect or I wouldn't have paid 3200 for it.

You have 95% more experience with trannys then I do, I hate that stuff like I said, I did it before but when in the $$$

I still work on them, but not near as much as when I was full time. Last month I did two for the guy I work with. Admittedly I am getting tired of them, but it is fairly easy money, so....

Anyway I pulled the pan on the Envoy and it's clean as whistle so maybe it will last. We also have a trailblazer with 225,000 miles on it. Had to do the trans in it last year. Parts cost me about 600.00 to do a fair job on it. Could have done it for less but I didn't want to use the planetary gears over.

I worked on automatic transmission and related stuff daily for 30 years. I had a tranny shop for almost ten years but I got tired of all the hassles. Worked in prison for about 6 or 7 and now I do maybe 7 or 8 trans jobs a year. Plus I help the guy I work with out when he needs some help. He recently put a used trans in a 2002 dodge ram and the electronics were wrong. Easy fix for me but he didn't know what to do. But it's all good, he helps me put with other car stuff and I use his shop for oil changes and stuff. A lift is nice. He's funny, anytime some thing is hinkey with a trans job he panics big time!

Nothing better then taking your broken ass car in to the shop, they fix it and you hop in and the damn thing runs...

And you didn't have to get dirty or frustrated..

This brings me back to my piece of shit 4×4 blazer when the starter went out..

I bought a new starter. I was so damn pissed trying to take it out..

I got it out but trying to put the new one in was a bitch..it was like a maze..

I whipped out my grinder and cut away at the frame..

Presto..stater in and drove it home :)

I worked on automatic transmission and related stuff daily for 30 years. I had a tranny shop for almost ten years but I got tired of all the hassles. Worked in prison for about 6 or 7 and now I do maybe 7 or 8 trans jobs a year. Plus I help the guy I work with out when he needs some help. He recently put a used trans in a 2002 dodge ram and the electronics were wrong. Easy fix for me but he didn't know what to do. But it's all good, he helps me put with other car stuff and I use his shop for oil changes and stuff. A lift is nice. He's funny, anytime some thing is hinkey with a trans job he panics big time!

Well then you are a perfect person to know a good used car if you see one.

Now a days things have turned so electronic ( including in the home ) they make them to break..makes me very mad.

How big are you to work at a prison and work on trannys?

I never been to prision, but to jail @ cook county up in Chicago and those guards are huge..i can't imagine them working on tranny' s you have to be small like me

Nothing better then taking your broken ass car in to the shop, they fix it and you hop in and the damn thing runs...

Bear, next time you need to fix something look on youtube.. you can learn to do anything on youtube.

I fixed my own shower head ( so freakin easy )

And I learned how to order the right light for my tailgate and it a few bucks to put in for me. Such a pain to drop the car off and pay over a hundred dollars for simple things.

I use a local accounting firm here where I live and each year for the past 4 years have gotten back around 1200.00. After so many years of having to pay from being self employed, it was a nice change and little bit "extra" to sock away. Plus when I worked at the prison I would claim max dependents to get as much pay as possible, and we always got little back or had to pay a small amount.

Anyway this year after my wifes w2's came in and the bank statements and house interest and stuff came in I went down to file again. I'll admit I really didn't know what to expect with the new tax thing passed into law now by the Trump administration. This morning I got up and jaw nearly hit the floor!

View attachment 175900

That's right! 2973.00 dollars! Go Trump! Lock them up! Now I know the usual crowd of haters will show up here to make all manner of false claims, but hey, this is real! That said unless someone has a serious question, I won't reply to any posts. And, this money almost pays for the very clean used SUV I bought last week! Take care.
Seems somewhat selfish to ask for a refund while we have massive debt.

Why not improve infrastructure to actually improve our economy?

And, a fifteen dollar an hour minimum wage would help those who are working.

I use a local accounting firm here where I live and each year for the past 4 years have gotten back around 1200.00. After so many years of having to pay from being self employed, it was a nice change and little bit "extra" to sock away. Plus when I worked at the prison I would claim max dependents to get as much pay as possible, and we always got little back or had to pay a small amount.

Anyway this year after my wifes w2's came in and the bank statements and house interest and stuff came in I went down to file again. I'll admit I really didn't know what to expect with the new tax thing passed into law now by the Trump administration. This morning I got up and jaw nearly hit the floor!

View attachment 175900

That's right! 2973.00 dollars! Go Trump! Lock them up! Now I know the usual crowd of haters will show up here to make all manner of false claims, but hey, this is real! That said unless someone has a serious question, I won't reply to any posts. And, this money almost pays for the very clean used SUV I bought last week! Take care.

Why would it end eaglewings?
nobody takes the right wing seriously about politics.

Bear, next time you need to fix something look on youtube.. you can learn to do anything on youtube.

And I learned how to order the right light for my tailgate and it a few bucks to put in for me. Such a pain to drop the car off and pay over a hundred dollars for simple things.

We know eaglewings all of us side guy jobs hate you tube..we can't smoke you no more

I never been to prision, but to jail @ cook county up in Chicago and those guards are huge..i can't imagine them working on tranny' s you have to be small like me

I went to jail in the early 1980's for drinking and driving a 280 ZX... remember those?

Anyway it was horrible in there, I can not imagine being in prison.

Glad that you moved on Mike and got things straight ..

View attachment 175900

Why would it end eaglewings?

The Middle class tax cut ends in 2025, but the top 1% stays permanent. Just saying that a democrat will be in office probably and will be blamed for it..lol..but maybe congress will vote to keep it.

Eagle wings it will just be like Obama making over 80% of Bush jr. tax cuts permanent, I don't know why you think a democrat would even Try to take away an entitlement.
They should try to cut the drug war.

Thinking more about your post eaglewings, you tube really empower' s females..

I remember a few times when one of my aunt's called me up in the 80s 90s to come over to fix there car or help them fix there electricity..

I went to jail in the early 1980's for drinking and driving a 280 ZX... remember those?

Datsun 280zx you had one?

I was thinking about buying one but it was outrageous money in the 1980s 12 grand at the dealership.

Tax relief takes effect next year

Why are you getting it now?

I hate to post this eaglewings, but i kind of liked jail, every guy just wanted to get out..

I got to talk with guys I would of never had a chance to on the outside, we developed friendships, laughed watched out for each other.

Huh? The New Tax tables will apply to Calendar 2018? Correct?

If you just filed.......you filed year 2017....no change?

I worked at a prison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back