CDZ My gun control plan that will stop 95-99% of gun crime and murder in the U.S.

People get released from prison and are on parol/probation to make sure they are not a risk to society. This parol involves limits on their rights and freedoms. Nothing wrong with that.

After that person has repaid their debt to society they should return to being a normal citizen. I have a prison reform bill that covers all of that. In the alternative, however, people on parole or probation could carry special ID until they have completed their sentences.

But, yeah, I see the criticisms coming. That is why I wrote a complete prison reform bill.
How do you address recidivism? And reentry back into society?

Thank you for the most well thought question I've ever been asked on USM.

In my home state, they claim the recidivism rate is 30 percent. I don't know how they arrive at their figures. Some people are revolving door, high miles fliers as they are known. The problem for most is that once they're let out, they have a criminal record, still no skills, no support system... What do you think is going to happen to them?

So, my proposal is that when a judge sentences a person to a stint in prison they have two options:

1) Do the entire stint in less than ideal conditions OR

2) Accept a program of rehabilitation.

Let us suppose that an individual gets a 10 year sentence. In Georgia, due to overcrowding and too damn many laws, some people can do as little as 6 weeks and that's it. If I were in charge, an inmate would walk in the door and do the entire 10 years OR do the following:

A) Get a GED. That would knock of 20 percent of the sentence

B) Undergo drug rehabilitation (if applicable.) That would knock off 15 percent of their sentence once successfully completed

C) Learn some transferable job skills. This could be worth 10 to 20 percent of their sentence time (depending on the skill set's difficulty and worth in the job market)

D) Take a series of seminars on how to apply for a job, balance a checkbook, handle family arguments, and apply for / use credit along with seminars in housekeeping, budgeting their time, financial planning, and understanding insurance. Of course each seminar would come with testing

Ideally the inmate could reduce their sentence by a maximum of 75 percent.

AFTER that individual is let out, the state should rent warehouses and run buses. Businesses could get incentives to give these transitional inmates a job and buses would take them to and from work areas. AFTER the inmate secures a job and puts in a 90 day probationary period, they should have saved enough money to get some kind of housing. If they're proven they have the education and skill sets to do the job; that they budgeted their money and have secured housing; that they can show a financial plan, then you release them.

If an inmate wants to take the hard route, they do the entire stretch. While in prison, you take away their coffee, tea, cigarettes, candy, cake, ice cream and cookies. They will not be allowed a tv, radio, computer, and very limited recreational time. Anyone caught doing an illegal act would get an automatic 10 percent added onto their sentence.

For those who take the rehabilitation program, they are allowed to drop out one time and / or get caught doing something illegal, then after that, it is back to the full term pods.

These are but mere highlights, but you get the drift.
I would never hire anyone with a criminal record

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Lots of people won't hire someone with a criminal record. So the recidivism rate stays high and, because of people like you, we have career criminals. Once they've been let out, they have to do SOMETHING. The drug trade pays the bills. So, maybe if a child becomes a doper, think about it. We may have saved the child by giving the guy with a criminal record a second chance... especially if he fulfilled the rehabilitation program I described.
So you'll hire a pedophile to babysit or an embezzler to do your books or a rapist to roof your house?

Say yes and you're lying

The problem is the Justice system is broken and overwhelmed.

have you been called to jury duty in a murder trial lately? I have.
ONE criminal act can tie up HUNDREDS (if not thousands) of lives for long periods of time. Not just the victims.
To serve "Justice", a jury must be selected. The process to select a jury costs 10's of thousands of dollars in lost productivity while workers are pulled away from their jobs.
Multiply this times millions of cases per day.

It is impossible for the US justice system to work under current conditions UNLESS.....criminals are processed FAR faster than they are today.

Communist China spends only a small fraction of the time and energy to prosecute cases against the state.

What I'm saying is, unless you have an intimate understanding of exactly how our Justice system works and the massive time involved to process criminals, you have no clue how and where Justice can be served.

Add to that corruption and you have an impossibly broken system where criminals often never see jail time for serious crimes, even murder, and even if they do, those jail times are being cut shorter and shorter as the system simply cannot handle the load.

It is a revolving catch 22 that we are all caught in and as it worsens, crime will become more rampant, Justice seen less often and lawlessness become the rule rather than the exception.

Simply put, we are going to have to start dealing with serious crime a LOT differently if we are to survive as a nation of Lawful people.

After that person has repaid their debt to society they should return to being a normal citizen. I have a prison reform bill that covers all of that. In the alternative, however, people on parole or probation could carry special ID until they have completed their sentences.

But, yeah, I see the criticisms coming. That is why I wrote a complete prison reform bill.

In my home state, they claim the recidivism rate is 30 percent. I don't know how they arrive at their figures. Some people are revolving door, high miles fliers as they are known. The problem for most is that once they're let out, they have a criminal record, still no skills, no support system... What do you think is going to happen to them?

So, my proposal is that when a judge sentences a person to a stint in prison they have two options:

Let us suppose that an individual gets a 10 year sentence. In Georgia, due to overcrowding and too damn many laws, some people can do as little as 6 weeks and that's it. If I were in charge, an inmate would walk in the door and do the entire 10 years OR do the following:

B) Undergo drug rehabilitation (if applicable.) That would knock off 15 percent of their sentence once successfully completed

C) Learn some transferable job skills. This could be worth 10 to 20 percent of their sentence time (depending on the skill set's difficulty and worth in the job market)

D) Take a series of seminars on how to apply for a job, balance a checkbook, handle family arguments, and apply for / use credit along with seminars in housekeeping, budgeting their time, financial planning, and understanding insurance. Of course each seminar would come with testing

AFTER that individual is let out, the state should rent warehouses and run buses. Businesses could get incentives to give these transitional inmates a job and buses would take them to and from work areas. AFTER the inmate secures a job and puts in a 90 day probationary period, they should have saved enough money to get some kind of housing. If they're proven they have the education and skill sets to do the job; that they budgeted their money and have secured housing; that they can show a financial plan, then you release them.

If an inmate wants to take the hard route, they do the entire stretch. While in prison, you take away their coffee, tea, cigarettes, candy, cake, ice cream and cookies. They will not be allowed a tv, radio, computer, and very limited recreational time. Anyone caught doing an illegal act would get an automatic 10 percent added onto their sentence.

For those who take the rehabilitation program, they are allowed to drop out one time and / or get caught doing something illegal, then after that, it is back to the full term pods.

Lots of people won't hire someone with a criminal record. So the recidivism rate stays high and, because of people like you, we have career criminals. Once they've been let out, they have to do SOMETHING. The drug trade pays the bills. So, maybe if a child becomes a doper, think about it. We may have saved the child by giving the guy with a criminal record a second chance... especially if he fulfilled the rehabilitation program I described.
So you'll hire a pedophile to babysit or an embezzler to do your books or a rapist to roof your house?

Say yes and you're lying

Now you're being silly. "Pedophiles" have a mental disease and once caught should never be allowed in a free society. Those attracted to infants have never been cured to date. Those people should be in a mental facility for good.

I might not hire an embezzler to be my book-keeper (unless I were a mob boss and had him scared shitless to double cross me.) He could, however, work in a warehouse, restaurant, construction job, or about anything else where he is not involved in the finances of a company.

Say yes and you're lying

Now you're being silly. "Pedophiles" have a mental disease and once caught should never be allowed in a free society. Those attracted to infants have never been cured to date. Those people should be in a mental facility for good.

I might not hire an embezzler to be my book-keeper (unless I were a mob boss and had him scared shitless to double cross me.) He could, however, work in a warehouse, restaurant, construction job, or about anything else where he is not involved in the finances of a company.
Not for me but you can can hire all the criminals you want want.

I have no obligation to hire some criminal just because you think I do

Say yes and you're lying

Not for me but you can can hire all the criminals you want want.

I have no obligation to hire some criminal just because you think I do

I cannot suggest who you should or should not hire. I've made a lot of enemies on this board for saying that the employer is the best judge of who should be hired. The employer creates the job; the employer owns what he creates; so you should be able to give the job to anybody you want without any interference from others... including Uncle Scam.

Here is what is wrong with your presupposition:

Unalienable Rights cannot be taken away, bought, sold, traded, etc. Once a person is released from prison, we're saying they have paid their debt to society.

It is better to begin with prevention and, if a person goes to prison, they are then rehabilitated or kept behind bars. Once you turn them loose back into society without rehabilitation, with or without a gun, they are dangerous.
People get released from prison and are on parol/probation to make sure they are not a risk to society. This parol involves limits on their rights and freedoms. Nothing wrong with that.

Understandable, they are higher risk. But I’m curious, if everybody thought that way what would you expect people with records to do?

Understandable, they are higher risk. But I’m curious, if everybody thought that way what would you expect people with records to do?

I don't care what they do.

They made their choices they can live with the consequences.

It doesn’t matter if you care or not, that wasn’t my question. We are talking about sociology. People break the law and go to jail and are then released. What do you expect them to do. If all is private business owners had your mentality and refused to hire them then what options are they left with?

It doesn’t matter if you care or not, that wasn’t my question. We are talking about sociology. People break the law and go to jail and are then released. What do you expect them to do. If all is private business owners had your mentality and refused to hire them then what options are they left with?

I don't give a shit what they do.

I don't expect people to choose to break the law but they do so what I expect has nothing to do with what a criminal does.

You see I stop caring about people when they become criminals.

There are plenty of people ot there who have never broken the law and they deserve a chance before some piece of shit criminal

I don't expect people to choose to break the law but they do so what I expect has nothing to do with what a criminal does.

There are plenty of people ot there who have never broken the law and they deserve a chance before some piece of shit criminal

I give the person a chance who can do the job and give the most competitive rates. I don't give preference to someone with a criminal record, but unless that record is relative to the job, it is not a factor.

I may not hire the guy who was in a DUI and cost a life a truck driving position, but he'll do okay as a cook in a restaurant.

Why do you make me repeat myself? It doesn’t matter if you give a shit or not. We are talking about cause and effect and how things effect our society. So what do you think happens when nobody will hire people with records? I think we both the answer. They go back to crime. Now is that a situation you want to keep happening or do you want to take proactive steps to help it?

Why do you make me repeat myself? It doesn’t matter if you give a shit or not. We are talking about cause and effect and how things effect our society. So what do you think happens when nobody will hire people with records? I think we both the answer. They go back to crime. Now is that a situation you want to keep happening or do you want to take proactive steps to help it?
It is not my responsibility or obligation to hire a criminal

Let them all enlist in the military for the rest of their lives

Like I said there are people who choose not to commit crimes and they deserve a ch more than someone who chose to be a criminal

Like I said there are people who choose not to commit crimes and they deserve a ch more than someone who chose to be a criminal

Slade is not asking you to hire the criminal over the regular guy. He's only asking that you consider the guy with a record.

For example: If you were an employer and two guys showed up wanting a job. One is Mr. Squeaky Clean... not even so much as a parking ticket and a year's experience doing plumbing. Another guy shows up with a 5 year old felony on his record, but during those five years he got a GED, became a journeyman plumber and has over three years experience, you might want to think on it.

You've never answered the question: If we lock people out of the job market, are you going to be satisfied with paying to keep them disenfranchised with no alternative except crime as a means to support themselves? We have more people in prison than any nation on this planet. MILLIONS of people will be recidivists during the course of their life.

Are you defined by the lowest point of your history? And know this: Cops say if you don't have a record, they just haven't caught you yet.

I didn’t. Say it was your responsibility to hire criminals. Why do you keep dancing around the topic?

So is your solution that we put criminals into the military, arm them and support them with tax payer funds?

Slade is not asking you to hire the criminal over the regular guy. He's only asking that you consider the guy with a record.

For example: If you were an employer and two guys showed up wanting a job. One is Mr. Squeaky Clean... not even so much as a parking ticket and a year's experience doing plumbing. Another guy shows up with a 5 year old felony on his record, but during those five years he got a GED, became a journeyman plumber and has over three years experience, you might want to think on it.

You've never answered the question: If we lock people out of the job market, are you going to be satisfied with paying to keep them disenfranchised with no alternative except crime as a means to support themselves? We have more people in prison than any nation on this planet. MILLIONS of people will be recidivists during the course of their life.

Are you defined by the lowest point of your history? And know this: Cops say if you don't have a record, they just haven't caught you yet.

I employ people and if 2 guys show up wanting a job and one has a criminal record I will hire the other guy.

You all seem to have sympathy for people who choose t be criminals I have none. 3 of the people who you think I should give a job mugged and beat me when I was 18 and let me on the street with cracked ribs a fractured cheekbone a grade 3 concussion and a lacerated spleen that had to be removed. I still have the scar under my eye and some vision impairment from that beating.

So as far as I'm concerned a piece of shit criminal can go fuck himself

I didn’t. Say it was your responsibility to hire criminals. Why do you keep dancing around the topic?

So is your solution that we put criminals into the military, arm them and support them with tax payer funds?

I said they can join the service and serve the country for the rest of their lives and that way we'll always have a nice fresh supply of cannon fodder.

I employ people and if 2 guys show up wanting a job and one has a criminal record I will hire the other guy.

You all seem to have sympathy for people who choose t be criminals I have none. 3 of the people who you think I should give a job mugged and beat me when I was 18 and let me on the street with cracked ribs a fractured cheekbone a grade 3 concussion and a lacerated spleen that had to be removed. I still have the scar under my eye and some vision impairment from that beating.

You are stuck on feelings and emotion and ignoring the sociological questions that we keep asking you over and over... if we block criminals from employment then how does that effect our society? This is cause and effect, not a question about your personal feelings. Want to try one more time to address it?

I said they can join the service and serve the country for the rest of their lives and that way we'll always have a nice fresh supply of cannon fodder.
Ok, thanks for sharing

You are stuck on feelings and emotion and ignoring the sociological questions that we keep asking you over and over... if we block criminals from employment then how does that effect our society? This is cause and effect, not a question about your personal feelings. Want to try one more time to address it?

I really don't care what happens how many times do I have to tell you that?

Leave locked up, ship off to the army I don't care what happens to them.

So I think society should make examples of these pieces of shit and use them to dissuade others from choosing to commit crimes.

I really don't care what happens how many times do I have to tell you that?

Leave locked up, ship off to the army I don't care what happens to them.

So I think society should make examples of these pieces of shit and use them to dissuade others from choosing to commit crimes.
You don’t have to tell me what you care about because that’s not what I’m asking about. Why do you make me continue to repeat that? What you care about makes zero difference. We are looking at a society, the system we have in place and what the cause and effects are for the criminal justice system. Take your emotions out of it and stop dodging the question.

You’ve said military. Is that what you want to do. Send felons into the military? Lock people up for life for all felonies? Sack up and address the problem and stop saying you don’t care

Forum List

Back